There Was You

59: You’re Not Bored Of What’s Already Here?

Absent-mindedly twirling a piece of Riley’s dark hair around his fingers, Iker quirked a sleepy smile to himself, his ears plied with the soft sound of her breathing. It had been a few days since he had been with her, with Porto’s preseason training camp having taken him out of town for the best part of week, the most he had seen of her was a quick video call that they’d gotten in a couple of days previous, and he was glad to be there, even if Riley had been sound asleep when he’d gotten in. She’d soon turned over and cuddled into his side when he’d gotten into bed next to her.

Playing with her hair, he felt Riley’s arms tighten around him slightly before he shook his head, his other hand gently prodding her side. “I know you’re just pretending to be asleep” he mumbled gently.

Riley smirked, but didn’t open her eyes. “I’ve barely moved” she commented “How could you possibly know that?” she asked.

“You stopped snoring” Iker quipped, smirking amusedly.

Riley scoffed, turning to glare up at him sleepily. “I do not snore” she noted.

“You do” Iker countered “But it’s fine, I’ve gotten used to it. I think it’s kind of cute” he added impishly.

Riley glared at him for a moment before she shook her head, settling it down against his chest. “When’d you get back?” she asked after a few moments of quiet.

Iker, who’d started to play with her hair again, shrugged. “Late” he mumbled “I don’t know how late, I didn’t really stop to look at a clock, but you were sound asleep in here when I got back, which was a bit of a surprise. I assumed you’d probably be at your place” he added.

“I was unpacking a few boxes” Riley replied “And by the time I was done, it was pretty late so I thought I’d just stay here. You don’t mind that, do you?” she asked, sparing a brief, uncertain, look up at him.

Iker gently reached his hand out, smoothing out the little furrow in her forehead. “You’re moving in here, Ry” he noted “Why on earth would I mind you falling asleep in what’s very soon going to be our bed?” he asked, a soft laugh falling out of his mouth.

Riley felt her cheeks flush a soft shade of pink before she shook her head, her fingers gently messing with the bottom of his t-shirt. “Sorry” she mumbled “That was...That was a stupid question” she stumbled out.

Iker frowned a little at the nervous tone of her voice, but didn’t say anything, his fingers returning to messing with her hair. Gently twisting it around his fingers, he allowed a few long seconds of quiet to pass between the two of them before Riley abruptly sat up, pulling herself away from him. Frowning, he sat up next to her. “Riley?” he asked.

Riley blinked a couple of times, her stare fixed on the mattress, before she glanced up at him, offering him a little sheepish smile. “Sorry” she noted “I felt really nauseous for a second. I thought I was going to throw up” she added.

Iker tilted his head, frowning. “Are you Ok?” he asked.

Riley didn’t hesitate in nodding, smiling a little at the concern in his voice. “I’m fine” she mused “Some stomach thing has been doing its rounds at the office. It was always going to be just a matter of time before it got to me. Sabrina had it last week and she was at my apartment over the weekend” she explained.

Iker looked at her doubtfully for a moment before he laid back down, gently patting the spot next to him. “Come on” he noted.

Riley didn’t hesitate, cuddling into his side as her head rested against his chest.

“What’d you and Sabrina get up to?” Iker asked after a few seconds of silence.

Riley, who’d allowed her eyes to flutter shut, shrugged. “Packing, mostly” she replied “I mean, most of the rooms are done, but there was still my bedroom to pack up and she didn’t have anything better to do, so she and Marisol came over. We spent most of the time going through my disaster of a wardrobe and tossing stuff out that I probably never should have bought, but I think I might be about there now” she added, opening her eyes to glance up at him.

Iker held her stare for a second, thinking over her words, before he quirked a gentle grin. “You’ve packed everything?” he asked.

Riley nodded. “Pretty much” she replied “So, if you’ve changed your mind...” her teasing trailed off as Iker’s hand slipped to the back of her head, guiding her into a soft kiss.

Riley made a small noise, but didn’t pull back, kissing him back softly for a few long moments before Iker drew away from her, kissing the side of her nose gently. “How soon do you think we can get all of those boxes here?” he asked, allowing his head to drop back against his pillow.

Riley smirked up at him. “You’re not bored of the ones already here?” she asked “I mean, you trip over them all of the time. You really want to add to that?” she prodded.

Iker grinned at her. “As long as they’re you boxes, I’m happy to trip over them” he quipped.

Riley giggled, shaking her head. “You’re such a dork” she mused, leaning her head down so that she could press a soft kiss against his chest.

“The dork that you’re marrying” Iker countered impishly.

“The dork I love” Riley played along, her previously teasing smile softening into something more tender.

Iker’s own smile softened, his eyes searching hers for a few seconds, before Riley abruptly shifted away from him, hurriedly pushing herself up to her feet before she ran across the room, pushing the bathroom door closed with an audible thump. Iker sat up, briefly contemplating following after her, before the sounds of her throwing up reached his ears, something which caused him to wrinkle his nose slightly before he stood up, leaving the bedroom for a few minutes before he stepped back inside, his hand gently tapping against the bathroom door. “Ry?” he prodded gently.

Riley made a soft sound on the other side of the door, almost certainly telling him to go away.

“I’ve got some lemon water” Iker continued “It’s good for soothing nausea. I’ve also got you some plain toast to nibble on. I’m going to call in sick for you, Ok?” he asked.

The bathroom door cracked open slightly, allowing Riley to peek around it sheepishly. “You don’t have to do that” she mumbled “I can...” she trailed off before she turned on her heel, speeding back into the room.

Iker flinched at the sound of her throwing up before he stepped back towards the bed, settling the glass and toast down before he stepped back towards the bathroom. Stepping inside, he gently helped Riley back up to her feet before he wrapped an arm around her, helping her to the bed. Leaning back, he tucked the duvet around her before he offered her a small smile. “I’ll make that call, eh?” he quipped.

Riley smiled up at him weakly. “Thank you” she mumbled.

Iker leant forwards, kissing her forehead gently. “It’s what I am here for” he mused gently.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo for the comment :)