There Was You

68: I Bet This Isn’t How You Pictured It

Laying his head back down against his pillow, Iker quirked a sleepy smile, his eyes studying Riley’s sleeping face. He knew that they didn’t have much time, with Riley due back in work the next day, they had a flight to Porto booked for that afternoon, and whilst he knew that they had to get up and pack the bags that they’d bought with them, he couldn’t quite bring himself to disturb her, knowing that once he did, the bubble of being newly married would fracture a little. He knew that they had to get back, he knew that Riley had an important meeting the following day that, despite her best efforts, she couldn’t get out of, but he wanted to put it off for as long as he could, wanting to make the most of their first morning as husband and wife.

Smiling softly, he watched Riley’s nose wrinkle as a piece of hair touched the end of it, before he carefully reached out, tucking the loose hair back off of her face.

Riley shied away from his touch, letting out a quite groan as she turned into her pillow a little more. “There’s no way it’s morning already” she mumbled.

Iker laughed gently. “I gave you more than enough outs last night” he quipped “You’re the one who insisted on sticking around until everyone else went back to their hotels. You know that Marisol and Nuno never walk away from a party easily” he added.

Riley groaned into her pillow again, something which caused Iker to lean over, kissing the top of her head gently. “We have time” he mumbled into her hair “I mean, I was thinking maybe we’d have breakfast together before we started to sort out stuff out, but if you want get some more sleep, I’m not going to stop you” he added.

Riley turned her head slightly, glancing up at him for a few long seconds, before she vaulted out of the bed, running across the bedroom towards the bathroom. Iker blinked a couple of times, surprised by the sudden movement, before he slowly stood up and stepped towards the bathroom, stopping in the doorway. Riley, who was sat on the floor beside the toilet, reached up to flush it before she turned around, offering him a sheepish smile. “Sorry” she mumbled.

“You’d not done that for a couple of days” Iker pointed out as he stepped a little deeper into the room, dampening a flannel.

“It’s supposed to start wearing off soon” Riley replied “At least that’s what Alma said” she added.

Iker nodded his head before he sat down on the side of the bath, gently pressing the damp cloth against her forehead.

Riley let her eyes close, relishing the cooling sensation against her warm skin, before she quirked a soft smile. “I bet this isn’t the romantic morning you had it mind” she chirped “I mean, I am pretty sure that you didn’t picture your first morning with your new wife being spent crouched over the toilet” she added, her grey eyes opening to peek up at him.

Iker stared at her for a second, marveling at her smile, before he leant forwards, kissing the side of her nose lightly. “It’s not so bad” he mumbled.

Riley laughed. “Really?” she squeaked.

Iker shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. “I kind of expected it” he noted “I mean, would I rather be sitting outside by the pool, flirting over breakfast? Probably. But this... this is worth it” he added, his gaze trailing down towards her stomach.

Riley followed his stare down towards her stomach before she looked back up at his face, taking a few seconds to marvel at the soft expression he wore before she felt her stomach turn again. Letting out a soft groan, she ducked away from the flannel which was still pressed against her forehead before she turned back towards the toilet, throwing up again.

Iker flinched a little at the sound, something which Riley caught as she plopped back onto the floor, a weak smile pulling the corner of her mouth upwards. “No one’s making you stay in here” she quipped.

Iker shook his head, playfully gesturing to the wedding band on his finger. “For better or worse” he chirped.

Riley couldn’t stop herself from letting out a soft laugh, something which made Iker grin up at her impishly. “It still feels weird, right?” he asked.

Riley nodded. “It’s the best kind of weird, though, right?” she asked.

Iker’s grin softened a little. “Yeah, it is” he breathed.

Riley’s expression softened a little as the tenderness in his voice before she gently nudged his leg, smiling up at him softly. “I love you” she cooed.

Iker leant forwards, kissing her forehead gently. “I love you too” he mumbled against her forehead.

Riley closed her eyes, relishing the contact for a few seconds, before she gently pulled back, holding her hands out towards Iker. “Can you help me up?” she asked “I think the worst of it is over so I should probably get up and brush my teeth. I mean, I doubt you’re going to want to kiss me right now, right?” she quipped playfully.

Iker wrinkled his nose, playing along.

Riley laughed before she wiggled her fingers, wordlessly asking him to help her back up to her feet.

Heaving out a playful sigh, Iker shuffled back to his feet before he took her hands in his, pulling her up to her feet and into a hug, something which made Riley let out a squeak in surprise before she slipped her arms around him, hugging him back tightly. Iker dipped down, kissing the top of her head gently. “Buenos dias, Mrs Casillas” he mumbled into her hair, trying, and failing, to stifle his smile. He doubted that he would find himself tired of saying those words out loud any time soon.

Despite herself, Riley let out a soft laugh, still not quite used to hearing those words fall out of his mouth. it wasn’t the first time that someone had said it, since they’d said their ‘I do’ the day before, many people had tested out her new surname, but still it sounded a little foreign to her, even if it did bring a grin up onto her features. She doubted that the idea of it, the idea that they’d actually gotten married, would settle in any time soon. “That’s who I am now” she breathed “I really am your wife. We actually did it” she gushed.

Iker smirked into her hair. “We actually did it, Ry” he mumbled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Twisted;;Symphony and FootieJo for the comments :)