As You Please

011

I woke up naked in Auston’s arms.

Images of the previous night flashed through my head, making my body warm as I remembered the way his eyes rose to mine when I stood in front of him, in nothing but my underwear. His hands shook as he reached for me. His body shivered when our bodies were flush. He couldn’t stop telling me how beautiful I was. He couldn’t stop moaning my name.

Am I dreaming?

He whispered to me when he pulled his lips from mine and looked at me, his big brown eyes holding mine. The words fell from his lips a few times until I laughed at him, my hands grabbing his face and directing his eyes into mine.

If you are, don’t wake up yet.

We rolled around in the sheets for what felt like hours. I couldn’t get enough of him, I didn’t want it to end. I begged him to keep going. I moaned his name while his hips moved with mine and his teeth bit down on the sensitive skin right under my ear.

His whole body trembled when I whispered in his ear.

All of the thoughts in my head were silenced as I felt the man holding me nuzzle his head into my neck. Inhaling slowly, he let out a deep breath and then a soft sigh.

“Tess,” he whispered, gently pressing his fingertips into me.

“Yeah, Superstar?”

Auston hummed for a minute before speaking, “last night happened, right?”

A wide smile surfaced on my lips as I laughed and moved my hands to his. Separating his fingers, I pushed mine between his and shut my eyes, letting the feeling from last night rush through my body.

“Yeah, it did.”

“Just checking,” Auston chuckled as he moved his body so there was some space between us. Swallowing hard, I rolled over and looked up at him, his big brown eyes barely open as he looked at me. When he noticed the smile on my lips, he leaned forward and pressed his gently to mine. “I’m so lucky.”

The brunette laying across from me glanced down and smirked when his eyes took in my naked upper half. Biting down on his lip, he leaned in and pressed a light kiss to my forehead. Instead of making a move or saying anything that could ruin the moment, Auston softly wrapped his arms back around me and pulled me into his chest. As my cheek rested against his strong chest, I shut my eyes.

Everything in the world seemed right.

Just as I felt the man curled up to me drift back to sleep, I looked down at the sheets and felt a sharp pain in my chest. As my eyes ran over the fabric, I thought back to the night I walked back into my vacant apartment for the first time. I remember feeling so hollow and worthless. I remember dropping onto the bed and wondering how I managed to let myself become such a used human being.

But then, he text me.

I still remember the words he text me. He was almost a stranger to me, but he still took the time out of his life to be there for me.

The conversation I had with Christina flooded my head as I looked down at our hands. My heart raced as I thought about the short amount of time between things. In reality, it had been somewhere around a month since Hunter and I broke up, but in my head it felt like years. In all honesty, I hadn’t thought about him at all until Christina brought him up the previous night.

My heart was racing as I thought about the way she looked at me when she said those words. I could still hear Auston’s soft voice confirming it, telling me over and over that he couldn’t do better. I was his peak. I was his dream.

It was overwhelming. It was so much to take in, it scared me, but I didn’t want to run. I had been kicked and mistreated for so long, I felt like I almost deserved this. I felt like after everything, maybe, something would turn out okay.

“I can hear your heartbeat.” Auston whispered as he pulled his face from me. “What’s wrong?”

“No idea.”

“Do you have a fever or anything?” Auston propped himself up and carefully pressed the back of his hand against my forehead. After a few seconds, he pulled his hand away and looked at me, his lips pressed into a thin line. “Are you sure you’re-”

I leaned up and pressed my lips to his for a few seconds to silence him. Pulling away, I ran my fingers through his messy hair and sent him a wide smile. “I’m fine, I just need to get my body moving.” I whispered as I pulled myself out of bed and glanced over at the man, his eyes wide as they soaked in my mostly naked body. Apparently, sometime in the night, I pulled my underwear back on.

“You’re gorgeous.” The brunette breathed as his eyes shot to mine.

“You’re in, Auston,” I laughed as I grabbed his black tee that was discarded onto the floor and pulled it over my head. “You made it, you’re the sole owner of my pants, you don’t have to keep buttering me up.”

The brunette rolled his eyes as he pushed the covers back and pulled his body out of the sheets. Standing up, he ran a hand through his hair and walked over to me. Biting down on my lip, I ran my eyes over his bare legs and torso. Swallowing hard, I let my eyes take their time as they traced over the tattoos on his arms. When I finally reached his face, that devious smirk was appearing on his lips. He looked hungry as he gently slipped his hand against my cheek and brushed his thumb across my lips.

“One more time, then breakfast?”

“Please,” I laughed as the brunette quickly pulled me into his arms. Pressing his hips to mine, he caught my lips in a fiery kiss and pulled our bodies back into the sheets.

--------------------

It took every ounce of self control I had to pull my arms from around Tessa’s waist and ready myself to head to practice. The image of her standing there in her gym clothes was etched into my brain as she smiled up at me and blushed. She said she would talk to me soon. She said she would miss me. She told me to hold on as I took a step toward the door.

Then she blushed, reached into her pocket and handed me a small silver key.

Don’t be a stranger.

Was this all moving at warped speed? Yes.

Was I terrified of fucking something up? Yes.

Was I going to use this key every single chance I got? Yes.

I asked if she was sure. I asked if she was ready to have me on her couch every time she walked in from work. I could feel my fingers trembling as I took the key and quickly placed it in my pocket. When my eyes met hers, she smiled softly and nodded her head.

Brett has a key too, you’re not so special, Superstar.

Noted.

Tess kissed me a few more times before we finally parted. She bid me a goodbye, smiled, and then watched me walk down the hall, her perfect self leaning against the doorframe as I peered back at her nearly a hundred times.

I couldn’t pull the smile from my lips as I pulled into the lot near the practice facility. Humming softly to the song on the radio, I parked my car next to a familiar silver BMW and killed the engine. Sucking in a small breath, I shut my eyes and dug my hand into the pocket of my jacket. When I felt the small key between my fingers, the smile on my lips doubled in size. I felt like I was on cloud nine as I pushed the car door open and stepped out.

“Matty, you’re alive!”

“Hey Mitch,” I gave him a wave as I shut the door and adjusted the sleeves of my coat. Making sure I had my phone, keys, and wallet, I turned to him and smiled as he walked up to me with a suspicious glare. “What’s up?”

Mitch hummed as he pressed his shoulder into mine and walked next to me through the parking lot. “Spill, what’s with that smile?”

“What?”

“You got laid, didn’t you?” Mitch glared at me, his eyes narrowing when he saw the light pink surface on my cheeks as I thought back to the last few hours. I could still feel her teeth tugging on my earlobe as our hips moved in sync. The sound of her gasping my name would run through my head until the day I died. Letting a shiver explode through my spine, I shrugged a shoulder and looked off across the lot toward the building.

“Wow!” Mitch threw his head back and punched my shoulder, “What happened to being best friends, you snake?”

“You knew I was seeing someone, so what’s the big deal?”

“You always tell me about the girls you’re ‘seeing’.” Mitch rolled his eyes again as he made air quotes, “this time it’s all hush-hush, what’s the big secret?”

Shrugging my shoulders, I took a few steps ahead of Mitch and pulled the door open. Holding it for him, I walked in after him and watched as he stopped and spun around on his heels. Big eyes in mine, he gasped and jammed his finger into my chest.

“You’re fucking that girl from practice, aren’t you?” Mitch yelled as he kept shoving his finger into my chest. “You fucking snake, you lying snake. You let me make an idiot out of myself!”

“Whoa, hold on,” I swatted his hand away and took a step toward the hallway that lead to the locker room. “I’m not just sleeping with her, Mitch, come on.” I felt a smile creep onto my lips as I saw his cheeks flush red, “and yes, I did. It was funny.”

Mitch huffed as he pulled his phone out and quickly navigated to Instagram. After a few seconds, he shoved his phone into my hand. “Let me see her.”

“I don’t even… know if she has one, Mitch. Come on, she’s an adult.” I suddenly felt defensive as I looked at the phone in his hands. I didn’t mind the guys making jokes and noises while I spoke to her, I didn’t mind her meeting Patrick and his family. But, I did mind her meeting the guys. I wasn’t sure if I was ready for them to meet her, or even see what she looked like, for that matter.

“She’s older than you?” The smile on Mitch’s face made me want to press my knuckles into his chin.

“Tess is twenty-three, it’s-”

“You’re fucking killing me.” Mitch threw his arms in the air. “Go ahead, search her, I bet you she has one. Let’s see her.”

“You’re a teenager, you know that?” I hissed as I quickly typed in her name and watched as a list of people appeared. Sucking in a deep breath, I scrolled through a few until I found her. My heart was racing as I clicked on her name and watched the profile appear. The latest photo was of her while the rest were a mixture of paintings, pictures of cities, group photos, her playing hockey and some selfies.

Just as I was about to click on one of her on a pond ice skating, Mitch snatched the phone from my hands and clicked on the last photo. As it came full screen, I heard him hum to himself as he shook his head. Before I could ask a question, he sent me a smirk and handed the phone to me.

“Brett her ex?” I fantasized about punching him for a moment before the reality of the situation settled in my head.

“No, he’s your boyfriend, remember him?” I snickered as the brunette rolled his eyes and huffed as a light pink surfaced on his cheeks again.

Image
290 likes
tesslaw22 shout out to @brettsnaps for catching me mid-bright idea

brettsnap mid-bright idea that caused 28 hours of extra work in one week
tesslaw22 buy me lunch with your OT pay and sh
brettsnaps brunch and gossip with @lillypads and @trevorcannon?
lillypads MIMOSASSSSSSSS GURL
cal_vin_007 Der and I miss our all-star centerwoman
tesslaw22 next time I’m home, ready the pond @derwinger47

Sucking in a long breath, I traced my eyes over her and went to speak when I watched Mitch double tap the photo, swipe back, and hit the follow button. As flames erupted in my stomach, I went to snatch the phone from him when he shut it off and shoved it into his back pocket.

“Really, Mitch?” I snapped as I watched him take a few large steps down the hall. Peeking over his shoulder, he wiggled his eyebrows and then sprinted the rest of the way to the locker room. Once I heard the door open, Mitch’s voice sounded through the empty building.

Who wants to see Auston’s girlfriend?

I swear I’ll fucking kill them.

Running my hand through my hair, I walked down the hall and felt my blood boil as the sound of the guys whistling ran through my head. When I reached the door, I thought about just turning around and heading back to my car. I didn’t want to hear them talk about her. I didn’t want to let them all ruin my mood.

I was about to push the door open when I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket. Shutting my eyes, I grabbed the phone from my pocket and turned the screen on. The scowl on my face disappeared when I saw her name.

Brett’s boyfriend adds me on Instagram but you don’t? Heart breaking, Superstar.

I felt dizzy as I quickly started typing. The dumb smile was back on my face as I hit send.

Make it up to you later?

Just as I was about to push the locker room door open, my phone buzzed again. Turning the screen toward me, I watched as the screen unlocked and her message appeared.

Why do you think I gave you a key?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for the feedback.
Sorry I've been gone for so long

Hope you enjoy it :)