Amortentia

The small group of Slytherins huddled closely together over their lunch table, heads bowed as they spoke in low voices.

“It’s not like she’ll be unconscious or anything. She’ll be alive and awake the whole time,” Amycus said with a smirk.

“Yeah, but she won’t…” Regulus exhaled heavily and shook his head. “She won’t really be her, will she?”

“ ‘Course she will!” Goyle exclaimed. “She’ll be the same girl, just a bit more agreeable!” He and the other boys laughed.

Regulus looked over his shoulder to the girl in question a couple tables over. Juniper sat with her friends laughing, the corners of her eyes wrinkling, perfect lips curling up over her teeth. Merlin, she's so beautiful.

“Come on, lad, it’s not like she doesn’t like you,” Barty slapped his back. “If she didn’t, she would never talk to you, and she says hi in the corridors and gives you tips on your lessons. That’s not nothing.”

He was right about that. Juniper had been nice to Regulus for as long as she had known him. Even if he was just Sirius’ little brother to her. She liked him enough. She had to.

“Reg, just do it. Three Broomsticks. Today. Right into her Butterbeer. She won’t even taste it.”

Steeling himself, Regulus nodded. “Okay, yeah. Yeah, I can do that.”

Disclaimer: I don't own the Harry Potter universe or characters. Face claims aren't mine either.
Trigger warning: love potion manipulation, abuse, absence of consent.