Status: One Shot turned Two Shot

A Second Time, Second Chance

Two

Jamie storms into Tyler's house, the windows are shut, the blinds are closed and the house smells like...foul

"Wake up piece of shit" He snaps and throws Tyler off the bed. The younger man grumbles out a curse word and groggily stands up.

"What the fuck was that?" Tyler snaps, "You can't just fucking storm in my house and throw me out of my own bed!"

"I can!" The Captain yells back, "Because you're a piece of shit that left the best thing that has ever happened to you alone in a hospital"

"Stay out of it Jamie!"

"Tell me why the fuck you left her after the crash?"

"It's none of your business!" Tyler screamed again, refusing to tell anyone why he left, why she's alone now.

"You were in a car accident, I get it, you feel guilty that she suffered more and now you don't want to talk about it but-"

"You don't know anything" Tyler screamed, cutting off his best friend, "Shut the fuck up!"

Jamie frowns, and he walks up to Tyler, "Why are you breaking your own heart by breaking hers Ty?"

Tyler frowns deeply, tears form in his eyes, but he still refuses to talk about it.

"Ty, I know you feel guilty-"
"I paralyzed her!" Tyler screams, "I was drinking and I wasn't watching where I was going and I was fighting with her. I paralyzed her, and I can't live with that. That's why I left, because I'm okay, I only had a few scars on my face and she's paralyzed."

Jamie frowns and hugs a crying Tyler. "You didn't do this, that truck driver was drunk, he was swerving on your lane. This wasn't your fault."

"I was screaming at her, she told me I smelled like alcohol and she begged me to pull over. I wasn't supposed to be drinking, who drinks on a Monday evening? I got her paralyzed, I love her so much but I ended her life"

"You didn't end her life Ty, she's still here. She's still alive, and she wants you to go back to her. Stop running away, stop being a coward and be the man she loves."

"She can never play tennis again, she has to live in that damn fucking wheelchair while I get to chase my dream"

"Go to her"

"I can't"

"Go to her Ty" Jamie insists and Tyler frowns, he sobs, "I broke her"

"All she needs is you to glue her back together"