Status: One Shot turned Two Shot

A Second Time, Second Chance

Three

The deep, pink scar of the accident haunts her in the mirror as she tries to dress. She sighs and closes the cupboard mirror. Kristin's eyes water as she sees a picture of herself after her first tennis game in 2001. She was jumping up and down with a big smile on her face. Those were the days.

It's 6 pm on a Monday, why do I smell alcohol on your breath?"

Tyler sighs aggravated, "I'm 27 years old, I'm allowed to party"

"At 27 years old you shouldn't be partying on a Monday, besides you have a game tomorr-"

"I'm allowed to have a drink Kristin!" He screams loudly

"You had more than a drink Tyler" She says, she's trying to stay calm, but he's infuriating.

"Just shut up!" He screams, "Just shut your whiny little fucking mouth you stupid bitch. I didn't ask for an intervention, I didn't ask for your crappy speeches, just leave me the fuck alone"

"Pull over" Kristin says coldly, her eyes filling with angry tears. "Pull over" She snaps

"I'm not pulling over on the highway Kristin"

"Pull over the car! You're going to crash!"

"I'm not pulling over"

"Pull over the car!"

Head lights blinded them, and suddenly everything went in slow-mo

"Tyler watch out!" She screams, she's scared, pale as a ghost. Her heart beats in her ears, the cars collide, the impact of the two cars echo in her ears.

Everything went dark and silent. A dry cough could be heard in the pummel of the car, blood flew out of the Range Rover

"Kris?" the whispering voice of Tyler breaks the silence
"Kris, answer me!"

Silence - complete and utter silence and Tyler begins to panic
"Kristin!" He yells trying to wake her up by pushing her gently, "Kristin wake up! Wake up! Wake up!"

"Kristin!"

"Kris!" He says softly, and begins to cry loudly, "Kristin! Please! I need you! I love you! Wake up please, please wake up, please!"


"Kristin?" She snaps out of her day dreaming and dries off the tears that escaped her eyes.

Tyler hesitantly walks into her room, "Hey"

"What are you doing here?" She asks softly

"I'm sorry" Tyler cries, "I'm sorry I left, I'm sorry I left you all alone. I'm sorry I disappeared. I'm sorry I was - am - such a coward."

"I never blamed you. For the accident I mean, I never blamed you. It was the truck driver's fault, sure we were fighting, but you didn't cause it on purpose. I love you, I need you in my life"

Tyler crouches down, tears fall freely down his face, "I will never drink again. I will never put you in harm's way again. I will never hurt you. I love you Kristin Baker, I love you more than life itself."

"Please don't ever leave me again" She sobs softly, her eyes begging him to stay. She needs him to stay.

"I'm not going anywhere."

"We'll get through this, we'll get through this. You and me, us, forever."

"We are one"