Status: Active

Are You Happy?

Piranha

"Just friends my ass," Riley smirked when we got back into the car.

"What are you talking about?"

"He's diggin' you. And I think you should tell him you're done with Jason. He's good to you," she told me.

"He's not 'digging' me, thats just how he is".

"Really?", she said sarcastically, "There's a reason he wanted to introduce you to his friends. And that look when he realized I wasn't a dude you were bringing with you. And before I realized any of that I may or may not have hit on him. He totally shut me down!"

"Maybe you're just not his type," I said with a chuckle.

"Yeah because my name's not Willow. Anyway, how do you feel about him?"

"I... I don't know," I told her honestly. I've been single for one week and dating wasn't really on the top of my list of priorities. She did have a point though - he was good to me. "I'll tell him about Jason eventually".

"Good. And think about what I said. I think you should give him a shot," She told me and I sighed. I don't know how I feel about him. I just know I don't want to jump into anything right now. "Keep in contact, okay. Don't go disappearing on me again," she gave me a hug before getting out of the car in her driveway.

"I won't disappear. Promise".

Driving home, I couldn't stop thinking about it. He'd be easy to fall for. I could find a hundred reasons if I wanted to, but my potential feelings wouldn't matter if he didn't feel the same. "Not helping," I groaned to myself, seeing his text pop up on my screen as I parked.

Ashton: I had a good time tonight. Thanks for coming.

I didn't respond, and instead tried to shake him from my head. The last thing I need right now is to start liking somebody. I have to figure out if I'm going college and where and for what. I have to figure out what to do with my life or I'm gonna be working at Darby's and living with my parents forever. I'd been doing a lot better at learning to let go of my grief and make room in my life for new things, but I still wasn't where I thought I should be. I'm going to figure all that out first, then maybe I'll find someone to date.