Status: Complete

Risk It All

Over

"T-Tristan..." Nolee whispered horrified unsure if she was really seeing her ex sitting on her couch.

"Been a long time baby hasn't it?" Tristan smirked as he looked around the apartment. "My, quite the life you've made here yeah? I must say I never thought you'd end up an east coast gal." he added impressed. "You look good though, short hair suits you."

"How did you..."

"Find you? I think you would know better by now I have my sources Nolee." Tristan scolded as the girl remained frozen in the spot she stood. "Although I will admit you had me on my toes for just a little bit, low and behold you were here in little Beantown all along." he added as his brown eyes had pierced into her, a small smile spread across his face relishing her expression.

"You seem a little confused darlin.' I'll help you out a bit. I have a trusted friend of mine see if he could find your whereabouts. Took him a little more than expected, but hey he always come through. Maybe you might know him? I believe he even came into your coffee shop once." Tristan explained as Nolee's eyes had widened processing Tristan's words and trying to piece it all together. A churning sensation spread in her stomach when she realized.

Foster.

"Ahh there the little light in your head goes." Tristan added as he lightly laughed at the small girl. "Yup, Foster's been a good friend of mine for a long time now, real sharp mind he has. Ironic isn't that the night you ran to the bus stop, Foster just so happened to be there coming back from a business trip."

Nolee's eyes shifted as her mind tried to desperately recall that night and make sense of it all. Nolee hadn't remembered anyone in particular...until now. Tears began to build in her eyes at the other realization of the other male. He had been the one to pick up the water bottle she'd dropped. How could she have been so stupid?

"Although you never met before, Foster was pretty familiar with you already of course, I believe he picked up a water bottle you dropped." Tristan explained further smirking when he noticed her lip tremble. "You always were a little too naive for you own good babe."

"Anyways Foster hadn't known exactly which of part of Boston you took off to but eventually he caught up to your little hide and seek game, since then he's been following you around for me. I admit I damn near thought he was taking the piss out of me when he told me that he not only found you, but you were also pregnant. I can see now...he was telling the truth." Tristan sneered motioning to her belly as he raised his eyebrow. "You really thought you could hide my fuckin' child from me?"

"Tristan please...what do you want?" Nolee whimpered.

"Now that should be obvious isn't Nolee? I'm here to take back what's mine."

"Please don't hurt my baby. Do whatever you want to me, but don't hurt my baby." Nolee pleaded as tears had now fallen from her cheeks.

"Oh don't worry sweetheart I'm not planning on hurting you...that is if you cooperate of course." Tristan replied standing up. Nolee trembled as he faintly revealed the black gun in his hand making her heartbeat rapidly. "Came prepared in case you try something you know? Seeing as you think you're Carmen Sandiego apparently."

"Now I think you've played little this game long enough darlin.' It's time you return home." he stated causing the small girl to shake her head.

"I don't want to." she whispered as Tristan simply chuckled.

"Why? You like the little life you have here in Boston? Your little run down apartment? Your coffee shop job? That it?" he questioned walking over to her. "Or could it be the Irishman you love oh so much?" Tristan snarled before Nolee had felt a hand collide harshly against her cheek making her cry out and begin to sob.

"You have the fuckin' audacity to not only run off with my child, but you somehow think it's okay for a random guy to hang around? Well sweetheart you couldn't be more wrong, you oughta to know me better by now that I don't share what's mine. Just because you made a new life here and suddenly think you're too good now, make no mistake you've always belonged to me." Tristan declared.

"I won't leave." she whispered trying desperately to find an ounce of courage.

"You might not want to baby, but if you don't...I'd unfortunately have to send Foster after your dear best friend, what is that you call her again? Your sister?" Tristan questioned further breaking down the small girl. "I'd hate for you to be responsible for Kira's untimely departure of this Earth. I know you definitely wouldn't want to be responsible for a bullet going into your precious Irishman's head. Because if I can't have you darlin'...well you know how that saying goes." Tristan shrugged smiling.

"Please Tristan, I'm begging you, please don't hurt them. They didn't do anything." Nolee pleaded through her sobs.

"You know I have to give you credit for having the balls to actually pull something like this off, but I'm also amazed you'd be this fucking stupid. After all I've done for you, this is how you fuckin' repay me?"

"I'm sorry." she whispered looking up at him feeling no choice but to play along. "I'm so sorry."

"I'll figure out your punishment later, and you can make it up to me when we get home." Tristan assured as Nolee had stiffened, Tristan was quick to notice her discomfort. "Unless you want Foster to surprise Kira tonight, I believe she lives on 4th street, apartment #3?"

"No please!" she whimpered defeated. "Please no...I'll...I'll go with you." she agreed as her mind frantically try to come up with a plan to get out of this.

"Mm, you still got some sense in you after all." Tristan winked. "Now I want you to go get-" Tristan began to speak before loud knocks had erupted from the door. Nolee froze further as she stared at the door.

"Nolee? Open up love, it's me Murphy." Murphy had spoken from behind the door as Nolee's eyes shifted to Tristan who looked genuinely amused.

"If it isn't the lovely Irishman himself. What do you say baby, shall we all get acquainted?" Tristan smirked as he made a move to walk to the door, Nolee's hand had reached out in protest.

"Please don't." she begged once more.

"You know I thought it'd be easier to just shoot him...but I think this will be more satisfying. I want you to go the door and tell your loverboy that you're ending things."

"Nolee?" Murphy called her name again as Nolee only closed her eyes feeling her chest tighten.

"If you don't want see what exact shade of red his blood is, then I'd suggest you get walking." Tristan warned one last time as Nolee gritted teeth and began to make her way to the door. Quickly wiping her eyes she did her best compose herself before answering the door halfway.

"There you are lass. I was starting ta get worried ready for a second." Murphy smiled in relief when he saw her. Nolee's heart began to hurt while she faked a smile back.

"I'm okay, I promise. Just having having some bad symptoms tonight is all."

"I just wanted ta check on ye but maybe it's better if I stay to look after ye." Murphy replied in concern.

"No, it's okay really Murphy. I...sort of want to be alone tonight to be honest." Nolee answered.

"Oh..." Murphy replied gently as a frown spread across his face. "Are ye sure okay lass?" Murphy questioned and Nolee did her best to hide to wince feeling Tristan gently press the tip of the gun into her back.

"Actually Murphy...I was doing a lot of thinking...and I think it's best...if we don't see each other anymore." she whispered closing her eyes.

"What?" Murphy asked shocked. "What are ye talkin' about Nolee?"

"I don't think it's a good idea for us to be together anymore, I'm so sorry." she whispered once more as the latter part of her sentence had been true while more tears had fallen down her cheeks.

"I don't understand Nolee, what's goin' on?" Murphy replied visibly hurt.

"I'm sorry Murphy, but I think you should just go now." she pleaded hating the way the blues eyes she had come to adore so much had saddened. "Please don't make this harder than it has to be." she added more firmly while he only stood there for a brief moment. She had never hated herself more than in this moment.

'I'm sorry Murphy, but this is the only way. I have to keep you safe.'

"Fine..." he whispered as his face hardened. "I'll leave ye alone." he shrugged before turning on his heels and walking away while her heart shattered in a million pieces. Painfully closing the door she could hear Tristan chuckle behind her.

"Aww isn't that just so sad for your Irishman. At least while he hates your guts, you'll know he's alive right?" he teased.

"Why Tristan...why did you become...so cruel?" Nolee whispered still desperate for an answer at how a person who had meant so much to her could be capable of such evil.

"We're all a little dark Nolee, some of just know how to hide it better."

"You can't want the life you have for your child can you?" she questioned genuinely. For a small moment Nolee swore she had seen Tristan's face soften but it was quickly gone.

"Enough of this bullshit Nolee, it's time to stop playing pretend and get back to reality. Now go on and begin packing your things-" Tristan had started to speak when the sound of her door being kicked open, startling them both. Nolee gasped as Murphy had appeared in the doorway his blue eyes burning with rage in a way she had never seen before.

"Ye mothefucker." he growled lunging at Tristan as the two began to engage in a fight. Nolee put a hand to her mouth as she struggled to figure out what to do.

"I'll fuckin' kill ye!" Murphy seethed as his fist collided with Tristan's face. Tristan angrily huffed back and punched Murphy back. Nolee was unable to make herself move as she could only stare on in horror at the men.

'Get help. Now!' her mind shouted as she snapped out of her trance and made her way to the kitchen to call the police. But just as she was half way she heard the gun being knocked out of Tristan's hands and sliding near her feet. Her heart pounding uncontrollably looking at it, gasping when Tristan had managed to get the upper hand and delivered a harsh punch knocking Murphy unconscious.

"Murphy..." she gasped to herself as Tristan panted heavily wiping the blood that had now leaked from his nose as he stood up. Involuntarily Nolee quicked reached down to grab the gun and pointed it at her former boyfriend.

"Some hero your Irishman is." Tristan smiled sardonically.

"Don't move." she warned him with gritted teeth. Tristan seemed a bit shocked at her action but quickly recovered smirking.

"Suddenly you're little miss brave are you?" Tristan questioned taking a step closer.

"If you take one more step towards me and my baby I will fucking kill you." Nolee warned again gripping the gun tighter. Adrenaline coursing in her veins at the cold feel of the metal and sudden anger at him harming Murphy.

"Go on then Nolee, shoot me. Nothing will ever change the fact that you're a scared little girl. These people you love so much, they'll leave you just like everyone else did. Your grandma, your dad, your mom...especially him.[/] You really think he'll love someone as weak as you and take care of your child?" Tristan snarled pointing at Murphy. "He'll realize soon what a burden you'll be and then what darlin?' Nolee clenched her teeth and kept her face neutral to not let it show his words had affected her.

"I'm the only one in your life who's ever loved you."

"All you did was hurt me, that's not love." Nolee replied angrily.

"I know I treated you badly over the years and I'm sorry baby. I promise I'll be better. I promise I'll work on myself for the sake of our child. I swear I'll the best father to our child. But we need to work on it together, that's why it's better we go back home where the three of us can be a family." Tristan reasoned gently while her hands shook unsteadily.

"I'm not going anywhere with you ever again. You'll never touch me or my child." Nolee affirmed. Tristan's eyes had flashed red before he went to lunge at her, and as if someone else had been in her place taking over, Nolee's finger had pushed the trigger. The loud bang of the gun reverberated through her apartment as Tristan gasped. Clutching the now bleeding hole in his chest he only stared at her in shock. Nolee stood in place watching him sink to his knees, the life slowly draining out of him before he finally collapsed onto knees then to his side.

"I don't belong to you. I never did." she whispered as his eyes finally glazed over. Immediately the veil had been lifted and Nolee crumbled to floor sobbing when she realized what she had just done. Murphy made a groan of pain from the floor as he slowly woke up regaining consciousness.

"Nolee...?" he whispered turning his head and becoming alert when he saw Tristan's bloody body lying next to him. "Nolee!" he shouted as he shot up from the floor to where Nolee sat still staring at Tristan's body and pulling her up into his arms.

"Baby, are ye okay? Are ye hurt?" Murphy panicked as his hands cupped her cheeks.

"I...I..." she stammered over her words unable to speak as Murphy shushed her.

"It's okay baby, it's okay. It's over now, it's over." he consoled her holding her tight as she cried into his chest.

"I killed him..." she whimpered.

"Shh...it's goin' ta be okay Nolee. I'm right here baby, I'm right here." Murphy assured her as they both stood in the same spot for a period of time. Murphy had eventually called the police and it wasn't long before they and paramedics had arrived, investigating what just occurred and taking down Murphy's statement.

"Murphy!" Connor called out as he walked passed the officers rushing to his brother worriedly having sensed his twin was in danger. "Christ, are ye both okay? Nolee, come here." Connor gasped upon noticing the dead body as he pulled the small girl into his arms. Nolee was still in a state of shock to really acknowledge everything going around her and the paramedics examining her.

"We're okay Connor. Tristan tried ta harm her but she defended herself." Murphy explained.

"Who's Tristan?" Connor questioned completely lost.

"Nolee's ex...her abusive ex. Nolee was on the run from him." Murphy revealed as the spiky haired male's light eyes flickered.

"Jesus Christ, I had no idea it was t'is bad. I'm so sorry Nolee." Connor lamented hugging the both of them tightly.

"We need to clear out the apartment so we can move the body. We'll need Miss Wade to head down to the station for further questioning." the officer informed making the brothers look at each other.

"What for, is she in trouble? She's still in shock for fuck's sake." Murphy replied defensively.

"It's just standard procedure Mr. MacManus." the officer explained as Nolee had half listened. The shock still taking over her body and as her nerves became overstimulated, an excruciating erupted from her stomach as she cried out clutching her belly. Her eyes widened as her mind began to fear the worst.

"Murphy...the baby..." she whispered starting to feel lightheaded.

"Nolee!"[i/] was all she could hear Murphy yell before everything had went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter was heavily influenced by one of my favorite movies honestly.