Status: Complete

Risk It All

New Beginnings

After a long exhausting yet magical night of welcoming the important member to her little family, the next morning had been spent adjusting to life as a new parent.

"You are even more beautiful than I imagined." Nolee smiled as she fed Ruby while her fingers had gently stroked Ruby's soft hair. Whatever doubt she had before of becoming a mother was non existent. Holding Ruby in her arms felt right and it was then Nolee knew she was meant to be here. She would be the last component in getting over her past, a new chapter had started. "You saved me little one...you saved me." she whispered emotional knowing if it hadn't been for Ruby, she might have never came to Boston. She might've never made it out the prison that was Tristan. She might've never met the peculiar Murphy MacManus.

Nolee's eyes had shifted to Murphy sleeping on the pull out couch. She bit her lip fawning over the Irishman that had refused to leave her side. To think just a couple months ago all she had arrived to Boston with was a dream. Now that dream had turned out far better than she could've ever predicted.

Murphy's eyes had slowly opened feeling the small girl's eyes on him. "Mm...morning love." he whispered tiredly.

"Morning." she smiled at his throaty accent. "You can go back to sleep Murphy, we're fine." she assured not wanting to disrupt his slumber.

"I would love ta, but unfortunately my twin senses are going off like crazy which means me idiot brother will be here in 3...2...1."

"Alright, I waited long enough damn it." Connor complained as he had suddenly appeared into the room.

"Told ye." Murphy noted rolling his eyes as Nolee only had chuckled.

"Morning Connor." Nolee spoke to the impatient spiky haired male while he had appeared by her bedside.

"Morning lass...I'm sorry I told ye I was disappointed in ye." he apologized softly while she lightly shrugged.

"It's okay Connor...I deserved it." Nolee acknowledged.

"I was just frustrated. I only said t'at because ye had gone through so much shit and was still standin.' But yet ye were gonna let someone else's dumb words get to ye."

"I know...I was stupid. I'm sorry." Nolee replied ashamed.

"Ye not stupid Nolee. Just don't go MIA on us again like t'at ye?" Connor requested sincerely while the small girl had nodded.

"I won't Connor, I promise." Nolee assured as she looked down at Ruby. "Do you want to hold her?"

"Oh umm I don't know..." Connor replied fearfully. "I'm not ta best with babies, I'm scared I'll drop her-"

"Just hold ye fuckin' niece Connor." Murphy chimed in while Nolee gently placed Ruby into Connor's arms.

"Connor, meet Ruby." she introduced as the spiky haired Irishman's eyes had widened largely at the newborn afraid to make any other move.

"Well hello t'ere wee little one." Connor spoke nervously as both him and Ruby looked at each other in equal curiosity. "I know what ye thinkin' Ruby...it's a little intimidating havin' an uncle as handsome and amazin' as me innit? But I assure ye I'm just like everyone else." Connor told the newborn in all seriousness while both Nolee and Murphy rolled their eyes. The more Connor held Ruby it seemed her charm had an effect on the other MacManus brother as well, a soft smile spreading across his face as he watched her.

"Well would ye look a t'at, Connor's in love." Murphy smirked as the other brother lifted his head up embarrassed.

"Please." Connor scoffed. "Just cause ta wee little one here is adorable...and sweet..." Connor trailed off becoming distracted again by Ruby. Nolee giggled at the irony of Connor's initial apprehension of becoming an uncle was quickly crumbling. Especially when Ruby's hand had also squeezed Connor's finger making him appear as if he'd almost cry.

"Yup...he's hooked."

"Where's this little bambina we've all been anxious to meet?" a voice chimed in coming into the room

"Rocco!" Nolee cried out happily like she usually did. "I've missed you so much!"

"My Nolee-cannoli, you're finally a mother now. Congratulations sweetie." Rocco smiled as he gave the small girl a bear hug. Nolee had to admit she had also gotten attached to the hairy Italian.

"Thank you Rocco. I'm so happy you're here." Nolee whispered gratefully.

"Well of course I'd be here sweetie, I would like to meet the little miss." Rocco explained as Connor had begrudgingly handed over his niece to him. Unfortunately when Ruby was placed in Rocco's arms she began to cry. Alot.

"Ye ta baby don't like ye Roc, sorry not sorry." Connor retorted before taking Ruby back.

"It's probably just your beard Rocco, she can't really see your face." Nolee offered kindly feeling a bit bad for the Italian who looked sad.

"Oh, well I suppose that's a good point. Sorry little one, I've always been this hairy. It's in my genes." Rocco shrugged at Ruby who had only snuggled into Connor's arms. "So...how does it feel to be a papa Murphy?" Rocco teased directing his gaze towards the dark haired male.

"I have no complaints. I've got two amazin' girls." Murphy smiled wrapping an arm around Nolee who snuggled into his embrace.

"I knew you two would work it out. There's too much between you two to keep you both apart." Rocco noted as Murphy and Nolee had only looked at each other.

"You know Roc, for ta first time I have ta admit, ye are right."

"WHERE IS SHE?!" a distinct voice yelled as Nolee sighed deeply.

"Oh no..." she whispered right before the door had slammed open again.

"MY NIECE!" Kira cried dramatically as she walked into the room. "I can't believe I missed her birth! I'm the worst aunt ever!" Kira lamented.

"Relax Kira-"

"I'm so sorry! I had no cell service! I hauled ass here as fast as I could when I got your message." Kira began to practically hyperventilate as Nolee rolled her eyes.

"Kira. Breathe. Okay. Breathe." Nolee replied slowly as she attempted to soothe the taller brunette who inhaled deeply several times. "You good now?"

"Yeah I'm good." Kira assured nodding her head. "I'm just so disappointed I missed it. I thought we had a deal little one!" she added pointing a finger at Ruby.

"It's okay...Murphy was here for me." Nolee reasoned as she looked at him still grateful.

"Nolee did good Kira, no worries." Murphy had added in.

"Here ye go love, but be careful...she's a charmer." Connor warned seriously as Ruby was once again passed around. Kira beamed excitedly as she held the newborn instantly gushing over her.

"Meet your niece Ruby Hope, auntie Kira." Nolee grinned at her best friend as Kira lifted her head up.

"I love it...I love her." Kira whispered unable to stop herself from getting teary eyed as she kissed Ruby's head. It was safe to say Ruby had managed to captivate every single person in the room and it made Nolee very grateful to think there would be several incredible people in her daughter's corner ready to love on her. That was one thing Nolee had hoped to share with her daughter as she got older.

That sometimes the people you called your family was not always blood related.

___

"I hope it doesn't sound like I'm ungrateful, cause I'm really am, but I am SO glad to not be pregnant anymore." Nolee sighed in relief to no longer be an incubator. Whether she would ever consider giving birth again was also up for debate.

"Ye, it's gonna be a little weird ta not see ye pregnant anymore lass." Murphy teased as they had once again sat on the hospital bed. Ruby had been temporarily taken by the nurses to do hearing tests, and Rocco, Kira, and Connor had gone home to rest for a bit. Promising to return later, Nolee definitely didn't mind having alone time with Murphy.

"Murphy...how did you really know I was giving birth?" she couldn't help but ask in curiosity.

"I told you I just knew." Murphy answered shrugging while she had lifted an eyebrow. "And maaaybe Alice might have told me." he admitted making her laugh.

"Apparently Alice has been neighbor this whole time and I didn't know."

"Life's funny like t'at ain't it?"

"You know I actually have to give her all the credit. Not only did she drive me to the hospital, but more importantly she helped set me straight and figure out my feelings for you. She helped show me what a dummy I've been."

"Aye, t'en I guess I should send her off on a paid vacation as a thank ye." Murphy teased.

"And for the record before my water broke, I WAS on my way to see you, but Ruby had other plans."

"Nah I'd say Ruby knew what she was doin.' Murphy smiled as he held her hand. "Just promise me lass, whatever happens after this you won't push me away again. Ye gotta let me be t'ere for ye and if something's wrong ye will talk ta me about it. No more thinkin' ye a burden ta me and no more disappearing...I don't think I can bare it."

"I won't Murphy." she whispered shaking her head. "I won't hide anymore. I promise I'll talk to you about everything and let you in. I also promise I won't let other people's opinions affect me." Nolee added.

"Good, and for ta love of god woman, stop being so damn stubborn ye."

"Fine."

"Don't worry, I'll kick all the guys' asses at ta bar for ye." Murphy joked but Nolee could see he was only half joking.

"That's not necessary Murphy...but thank you." Nolee smiled as she squeezed his hand.

"I just want us ta be okay again. Everythin' ye have gone through it's long now gone now. We need ta be on ta same page especially now t'at when we return home this time...we'll be coming home as parents. I want ta set a good example for Ruby."

"So do I Murphy." Nolee agreed feeling herself fall even harder for the Irishman.

"Promise me for a new beginnin?" Murphy asked raising his pinky.

"Really a pinky promise?"

"A pinky promise is as real as it's get lass, ye either take it or leave it." Murphy replied completely serious with just the faintest smirk on his face. Nolee studied him for a brief moment soaking in all his features before ultimately crossing her pinky around his.

"A new beginning."