Status: Complete

Risk It All

Set Up

The next morning had seem to come too fast when the sound of Ruby's crying had woken Nolee up once again. A soft sigh escaped her mouth knowing her tiny chance of going back to sleep was a pipe dream, Ruby had already been changed and fed so it was likely she was ready to be up for the morning. Groggily and slowly she raised her upper half off the bed when Murphy had stopped her.

"Don't worry love, I got her, go back to sleep." he whispered softly.

"Are you sure?" Nolee asked tiredly making him chuckle at how adorable she looked when she was groggy.

"Yes lass, get a little more sleep." he assured kissing the tip of her nose making her smile at him gratefully before resting back on the bed. Murphy had hopped out of the bed and walked over to Ruby's crib gently picking her up. Ruby's cries had lessened when she was placed in Murphy's arms.

"Morning me little sunshine." Nolee heard him say. "How 'bout you and I go put some toothpaste on uncle Con's hand and tickle his nose with a feather?" he added walking out the room with Ruby making Nolee giggle a bit. It wasn't long before her eyelids had become heavy and she was swiftly pulled back into slumber.

When she had awoken once more she was relieved to feel more refreshed and swiftly got out of bed to check on Ruby and Murphy. Walking into the living room she found the pair of them sitting on the couch watching television.

"And now I present ta ye Ruby ta greatest movie of all time, Ghostbusters." Murphy declared as him and Ruby began watching the movie while Nolee shook her head. But a small smile had formed as she couldn't deny watching the two of them made her heart swell.

"Morning you both." she greeted them softly walking over to the couch.

"Morning love, ye feel better now?" Murphy smiled diverting his gaze to her.

"I do, thank you for letting me sleeping in." she answered gratefully.

"Of course."

"Where's Rocco and Connor?"

"Still asleep ta lazy bastards." Murphy answered in annoyance causing her to laugh.

"Well since you let me sleep in, I'll make it even and cook breakfast for everyone."

"Did someone say breakfast?" a familiar voice chimed in as Nolee excitedly turned around to find Kira in her doorway.

"Kira!" she cried happily feeling as if she had not gotten to see her best friend nearly as much lately. "What are you doing here, not that I'm complaining."

"Cosmo changed my schedule a bit so I'm off today, thought I'd come see my favorite niece. Hi Murphy." Kira replied waving to the Irishman.

"Oh hey Kira." Murphy replied absentmindedly too involved with Ghostbusters, as if he hadn't seen it a million times already.

"How's my temporary replacement going?" Nolee smiled as she inquired in curiosity knowing Cosmo had hired temporary help until her maternity leave was over. A scoff of disgust quickly escaped the tall brunette's mouth.

"Talk about a snoregasm! John is so corporate and by the book, he doesn't appreciate my jokes at all! The worst part is he's actually kind to customers, how grotesque is that? Hurry up and come back I beg you!" Kira lamented causing Nolee to giggle.

"Sorry K." Nolee apologized. "But my leave won't be over for a while."

"I know, you're bonding with Ruby right now. Speaking of which, hand her over Irishman." Kira demanded to Murphy as he rolled his eyes but got up from the couch gently handing over the newborn to a giddy Kira.

"There ye go crazy." he retorted just as a groggy Connor and Rocco had emerged from the door.

"Mornin.' Connor greeted lazily. It was obvious the men were dealing with a slight hangover, most likely having gone to the bar last night.

"Morning." Nolee and Kira had replied in unison, Nolee's eyebrow raised upon seeing Connor walking to Kira and kissing her cheek, a small blush spreading across Kira's face.

"We'll let ye girls catch up." Murphy offered kindly giving a Nolee a kiss as well before all three men had went out for a smoke break.

"So?" Kira asked when the guys had were gone.

"So what?"

"We're not gonna mention the obvious of Connor and Murphy deciding to become vigilantes!" Kira replied anxiously.

"Connor told you I guess?"

"Well obviously."

"I know it's a little absurd-"

"Absurd? This is like a movie! Our boyfriends are secretly sexy crime fighting badasses trying to make Boston a better place." Kira gushed unaware of the words that just left her mouth making Nolee raise her eyebrows and eyes to widen. Noticing Nolee's reaction it had hit Kira what she said, a small gasp escaping her mouth.

"I mean umm...uhh..." she stammered.

"Boyfriends? Something you want to tell me Kira?" Nolee questioned knowingly.

"No..." Kira quickly answered nervously shifting her eyes down to Ruby.

"Kira."

"What?"

"I can tell you're lying." Nolee scoffed zeroing her eyes at the taller brunette who persisted with denial but became increasingly uncomfortable at Nolee's intense gaze. After a moment Kira had cracked from the pressure, throwing the hand that wasn't holding Ruby up in the air.

"Fine! Maybe perhaps, Connor and I are what you would describe as a couple." Kira admitted using finger quotations for the word couple.

"What?!" Nolee gasped beaming as if she had just won the lottery. "I TOLD YOU-"

"Don't start, I don't want to hear I told you so." Kira countered in annoyance as Nolee only continued to smirk.

"I knew it."

"Shut up."

"You've officially gone off the deep end."

"Shut the fuck up!"

"When did this even become official anyways?" Nolee inquired fully curious as her brown eyes glimmered in excitement. Kira shuffled on her feet while pretending to examine her nails.

"Valentine's Day...after I had some Irish put into me." Kira confessed creating a mix of shock and anger to spread on Nolee's face.

"Valentine's Day?! You've been together that long and you didn't tell me?! Also, ew." Nolee gasped offended.

"I didn't tell you because I knew you would gloat! And it's not as if the realization had been easy for me. I still don't know how to feel about being committed to one person."

"Connor finally got to you...and in you." Nolee replied awkwardly.

"What can I say, the MacManus brothers are hard to resist."

"Now that I can't argue with." Nolee agreed with a sigh. "Well...are you happy at least?" Nolee questioned softening her face to a smile.

"I am..." Kira whispered looking down at her feet. "Connor's so different than any guy I've known...he's really sweet and charming too...by the far the best I've had in bed-"

"OKAY." Nolee quickly interject. "I didn't need to know that, we can skip those details."

"What? You told me about Murphy and your little moment on Christmas Eve." Kira reasoned taking slight offense.

"That's because YOU wouldn't stop bugging me about it, I didn't freely volunteer that information if you recall. I don't need the mental images of you and Connor. But I'm really happy for you both."

"Thanks bestie."

"And you really don't mind about their new job? It...it doesn't bother you?" Nolee questioned in shock.

"I mean sure it was a bit shocking when Connor told me about it at first. But honestly...I think it's cool. I mean...the crime rate IS starting to get out of hand...and they're doing it for a good cause." Kira shrugged seemingly unaffected by it all unlike Nolee. "Is it really such a bad thing when you think about it?"

"You don't worry they'll end up hurt somehow though?" Nolee whispered worriedly.

"Call me crazy, but I have my faith in them. Besides, Boston could do without less mafia bullshit. I mean how bad can their vigilantism be anyways?"

________

*Outside the apartment*

Connor had nimbly reached into his coat pocket to retrieve his lighter and cigarettes, lighting up two sicks and handing one to Rocco who took it gratefully.

"Listen Roc, there's somethin' that's been botherin' me about last night." Connor began in thought.

"What?"

"What if your boss knew how many fellows were supposed ta be there?"

"What-what are you sayin?" Rocco questioned unsure of what the spiky haired male was trying to imply.

"Think about it Roc. Nine men, six bullets..."

"You think they sold me out? No way man." Rocco protested unable to fathom his employers setting him up like that.

"Listen he'd probably knew you'd end up nailing' ta fat guy, maybe one or two more but he had ta of known you weren't walkin' out of there. Figure it out, there's no in-depth investigation, shooter's dead at the scene. They'll just slide it off his fuckin' back. I mean Roc...as much as I love ye, ye not exactly Don Corleone." Connor reasoned putting the pieces together.

"No, that's just not the thing of it." Rocco further rejected. "That's just not the way things are done. Besides, how does he know I just don't getin there, see there's too many of them, serve em' their food and get out of there."

"Because he fuckin' knows ye Roc!" Connor replied in frustration. He knows this is your big break." Any professional would've walked in there and noticed somethin' wasn't right and get ta fuck out of there."

"No, no, you don't know what you're talking about. I mean thanks for your concern and all, but that

just ain't the thing of it."

"Yeah, fine. Do me a favor though, all right? Just ponder it a bit when ye go back ta Yakavetta."

"No, nothing needs to be thought about."

"Where ta fuck are ye goin?" Murphy suddenly appeared back to where the men were standing. "Did ye tell 'em?" Murphy asked to his twin, obviously sharing the same sentiments.

"Of course I fuckin' told him." Connor replied in annoyance at the Italian's ignorance.

"Then what ta fuck?" Murphy questioned to Roc in equal frustration.

"Hey you guys don't know what shit for sure!"

"Ye such a fuckin' retard!" Murphy snapped back.

"Hey fuck you!"

"Use ye fuckin' brain for once! Is it so unbelievable they don't fuckin' care about ye?!"

"Oh and you two micks know what's going on right? Fuck you both." Rocco growled at both the twins.

"Listen Roc this is not a thing you should gamble on all right!" Connor shouted angrily.

"I'm the fuck out of here." Rocco retorted throwing his hands up, no longer wanting to continue the conversation.

"Fine! Fuck it! What kind of flowers do ye want at your funeral ye dumb wop? It's the last time I'm gonna see ya!" Murphy replied shaking his head.

"I'll be back sometime later," Rocco replied dismissively continuing to walk away.

"When you go back there and start ta get a bad vibe, ye get ta fuck out quick!" Connor shouted after the Italian, anger going through him at how incredibly stupid Rocco could be. Murphy exhaled a deep breath before they had both headed back inside. Nolee and Kira were slightly startled by the door slamming closed, a visible pissed off Connor and Murphy walking in.

"What's wrong?" Nolee questioned worriedly as Murphy approached her with a sigh, his hand rubbing her hip.

"It's nothin' love, just Roc bein' a complete fuckin' idiot."

______

Anxiousness had lingered in the air as Connor and Murphy had waited around the apartment for any word of Rocco. A bad feeling had seemed to settle in their stomachs thinking about the Italian and his devotion to the Italian mafia. Nolee had also been able to suspect that whatever happened at the hotel was clearly made to set up Rocco as well, she bit her lip hoping nothing had to her favorite shaggy haired man either.

"I'm sure he's okay Murphy." she whispered to the dark haired male seeing his fingers twitch impatiently, her stomach churning at seeing him so bothered. Her hand covered his and slowly his frustration began to diminish feeling her gentle touch.

"I just don't want his dumb ass gettin' hurt because of those bastards. He might piss me off, but he's still me friend." Murphy whispered back not wanting to imagine the possibilities of Rocco getting further tied up into trouble, knowing how desperately Rocco had become trying to prove he was worth more than just a package boy. Nolee sighed caressing his tattooed finger knowing the term of loyalty had run strong in the brothers' blood. Briefly glancing over at Connor she could tell he was dealing with the same internal battle.

The three adults had continue sit at the kitchen table waiting until suddenly their had been rapid knocking on their door, making all three jump up in their seats.

"I killed them all oh jesus, I killed them all!" Rocco cried out making the three adults' eyes widen.

"Just calm down!" Murphy and Connor had replied in unison. "What happened?"

"NO!" Rocco shouted frantically.

"What ta fuck is wrong with ye Roc?"

"The motherfucker sold me out!" Rocco replied walking in circles while Connor and Murphy had shared a brief glance each other before Murphy diverted his gaze to Nolee. Unsure of what to do she looked at Murphy whose expression implied he would prefer if she didn't partake in the conversation.

"I'll umm go check on Ruby." she softly said to him as he gave her a grateful smile before retreating to their bedroom.

"Didn't I tell ye Roc? Did they pull on your first?" Connor questioned anxiously.

"What am I doin'? In the middle of the Lakeview?" Rocco lamented instantly causing Connor's facial to stretch in bafflement.

"Lakeview ta Deli, Roc?!" Connor gasped astonished Rocco would do such a thing in a public place.

"Looks like we got us a new fuckin' recruit." Murphy chimed in half amused at the situation.

"Those rat fucks! All of them we're laughin' at me man."

"And ye sure ye killed them Roc?"

"Fuckin A-right I did! I had a goddamn turkey shoot over there!" Rocco replied going on to explain how he went to confront two of Yakavetta's men at the deli. It was then very apparent Rocco had indeed been set up and how Vincenzo had made no effort to keep it a secret to the other men. Now aware of how little Rocco had been thought of and would not get the respect he had worked so hard to achieve, he was unable to control his gust or rage. Pulling out the gun that had been in the trenchcoat Rocco had shot the men as well as the deli owner who even he had seemed to know about Rocco's set up.

"Listen did anybody see ye Roc?" Connor questioned.

"Man I might as well have gone around posting flyers, right out in public man!" Rocco replied aware in hindsight his actions to kill the men were very foolish to do in a public place.

"Liberatin' innit?" Murphy smirked unable to help himself while Rocco shrugged before lifting his head up in thought.

"You know...it is a bit."

After Rocco had finally calmed down from his adrenaline rush, the three men began to talk about what needed to come next now that Rocco had ultimately decided to join them on their crusade.

"Vincenzo!" Rocco shouted. "He's the one who set me up, then he went around telling everybody I was good as dead. He goes to the Sin Bin every night at 10:00 pm and jerks off on the same dancer."

"Yeah so?" Murphy replied indifferent.

"So? Let's kill the motherfucker! I mean that's your guys' new thing right?"

"Yeah well..."

"Oh what the hell! Who makes the cut, is there a raffle or something?"

"Well ta tell ye ta truth those first sort of fell into our laps..." Murphy admitted referring to the Russians.

"We haven't really got a system of decidin' who Roc."

"ME!" Rocco replied eagerly. "I'm your guy! I know everyone! I know their habits, who they hang out with, who they talk to! I got phone numbers and addresses! We could kill everyone..." Rocco added as his eyes widen at the realization of the damage they could do to the mafia with his connections.

"What do ye think?" Murphy asked his brother pondering the idea.

"I'm strangely comfortable it." Connor answered honestly earning a grin from Rocco. A plan had then officially been made to stake out Vincenzo at the strip club later that night. The boys had been apprehensive at Rocco accompanying them, but ultimately they deemed it necessary in their goal to weed out the Yakavetta family.

Nolee bit her lip seeing Connor and Murphy prepare their bags, knowing another mission was about to take place. Not sure how to feel knowing Rocco was now involved with his new distaste for the Italian mafia.

"Where are you going now?" Nolee whispered appearing behind Murphy seeing him stiffen a bit as he turned around to face her.

"It appears as if the Sin Bin could use our business."

"Sin Bin...as in the strip club?" Nolee replied raising her eyebrow while tilting her head.

"Aye lass, ye know we're not going there on our own accord. Roc's got a score ta settle." Murphy explained.

"Well how do I know you won't end up getting persuaded into a lap dance by big fake boobied strippers?" Nolee reasoned childishly while Murphy rolled his eyes but faintly smirked.

"Come on love, ye know me better than t'at. Besides...there's only one lass I'd like ta see strip and I'm lookin' at her right now." Murphy replied with a wink causing a blush to spread across her face.

"Stop it." she warned softly.

"Stop what?" Murphy asked smiling while approaching her.

"Stop being charming I hate when you do that." 'Because I can never say no to you.'

"What do ever do ye mean lass?" Murphy egged her on as his face turned into a smoulder. Nolee's breathing hitched a bit staring into his face, his eyes always managing to pull her in like a magnet.

"Damn you!" she cursed him unable to keep herself together making Murphy only smile victoriously.

"Just admit it love, ye can't resist me. Ye never could." he liked to remind her often.

"Yeah? Well...so." Nolee retorted crossing her arms over her chest.

"Come here fun size." Murphy added pulling her into his arms. "I don't know when I'll be home, but don't stress okay?" he told her going back to being serious. He could see her face had gone back to frowning but didn't seem to object as his hand caressed her hip. Murphy appreciated she had been ultimately been supportive for the most part of him and Connor.

"Okay..." she replied quietly, it was easier said than done. Hesitant to let him go off once again on their new hobby, Nolee thought about Kira's words earlier.

"Call me crazy, but I have my faith in them. Besides, Boston could do without less mafia bullshit. I mean how bad can their vigilantism be anyways?" Deciding to abide by the taller girl's words Nolee held up her pinky, understanding this was their new life. Murphy had wrapped his own pinky around hers before kissing it.

"I love ye little one."

______

Connor and Murphy lurked in the dark shadows of the alleyway scouting out the strip club waiting for Rocco to give the signal that Vincenzo had arrived. It didn't take long before a white car had slowly parked in front of entrance, an overdressed pompous Vincenzo exiting the car with an excited smirk.

Once Rocco had given the brothers the signal to strike, Connor and Murphy gave a nod to one another as all three of the men swiftly made their way into Sin Bin without being detected through the back entrance that led to the "fun room" where paying customers had gotten a little more 'bang' for their buck. Slipping their black ski masks on the men searched further into the large room before they were spotted by a stripper. Letting out a surprised gasp Rocco had quickly grabbed the woman hostage putting a hand over her mouth.

"You scream, you're dead! Now which one is he in, and don't make like you don't know who the fuck I'm talking about!" he shouted at the shaking stripper who whimpered under his grasp pointing a finger at the booth Vincenzo was in. Peeping into the little hole of the booth while still holding the stripper hostage Rocco scoffed in disgust.

"Oh that is one sick motherfucker!" Rocco added keeping his gun aimed at the stripper to keep her silent while Rocco and Murphy had looked at each other before stepping up to the booth.

'And shepherds we shall be. For Thee my Lord my Thee...'

Before Vincenzo had seen it 'coming' he was already on his way to meet his maker. The poor stripper had fainted from it all, her top ironically coming undone. Rocco's eyes had widen upon noticing a bare breast. Unable to help himself and the fact that Donna had been long gone leaving him lonely, Rocco's hand had slowly reached out to cup the mound. Connor and Murphy looked on at the Italian half amused.

"What ta fuck are ye doin!" Connor yelled purposely with a slight smirk startling Rocco back to reality as he threw his hands up.

"I'll tip her!"

Having used silencers on their guns Connor and Murphy had managed to alert the other customers. Peeping into the holes of the other booths Connor grimaced at the men unabashedly pleasuring themselves.

"It's like a scumbag yard sale in here." Connor noted.

"We should come down here once a week and clean house." Murphy suggested equally disgusted more eager to eliminate the rest of the filth around them.

"You guys gotta let me do these guys. I'm such a moron I gotta make up for that tit thing." Rocco offered.

"There's no way Roc." Connor replied instantly rejecting his proposal.

"Oh come on." Rocco begged.

"Come on Con, give the guy his chance." Murphy chimed into his twin sympathetic to Rocco wanting to make his mark. Connor thought it over briefly before letting out a sigh before looking at Rocco.

"It's ta real deal Roc. Evil men," he replied cocking his gun. "Dead men."

________

"Goodnight my sweet Ruby Hope." Nolee whispered as she placed the sleeping baby in her crib gently placing a kiss on her forehead. Carefully walking out the room to not wake Ruby up again Nolee swiftly exited the room like a ninja. Breathing a sigh of relief to have it made out undetected she made her way to the living room and her hands hand reached for the television remote. Anxiously she couldn't help but turn on the news, it seemed like that had become her nightly ritual now.

"The victims were found at a local entertainment parlor. These murders, coupled with the three suspected mob-related killings that occurred at this local Boston deli earlier this afternoon, brings the death toll to six, just today. There is no doubt that all victims have been criminals. Perhaps this explains why a public outcry to have these crimes stopped...has not been heard."

Nolee sighed to herself as her mind thought about the brothers. She seemed to shock herself as a part of her couldn't help but feel satisfaction hearing about the men at the strip club getting eliminated. Her eyes widened in surprise at herself appearing to become more convinced at the justifiable vigilantism. The criminals were being taken of and so far it seemed as if Connor and Murphy were really succeeding here. Maybe they did have something legit going on, maybe just maybe Boston would become a better city to live in.

Nolee bit her lip inevitably succumbing to supporting the brothers fully. Perhaps it really hadn't been such a bad thing Connor and Murphy were out there taking care of Boston's filth.

But by now Nolee should've known...nothing comes without a price.

_______

*Somewhere across town*

A disturbed Yakavetta paced around the room nervously. It obviously hadn't taken long for him to be informed about Vincenzo and his other men being gunned down at the deli. A weird feeling settled in his stomach as he couldn't help but think this was all related somehow all because of Rocco. Feeling as though it was time to seek out further advice, Yakavetta had made his way down the hall to a distracted Augustus Distephano. His attention had shifted to the younger man upon noticing his presence. A brief expression of annoyance spread across his face.

"Fuck you." he told him knowingly as Yakavetta sighed.

"Augustus, I need your help." Yakavetta explained to the retired elder. "I have a serious problem here. I am not screwing around." he added feeling his anxiousness rise as he knew there was only one solution to the shitstorm brewing around him. Yakavetta leaned in to Augustus with a mix of desperation and determination to bring forth the only person he knew they needed.

"I need...Il Duce."
♠ ♠ ♠
there's only 6 chapters left. I didn't want this story to drag on too long and seeing as the events in the movie happened fairly quickly from one another, this story will follow suit.