Postcard Burnt in Flames

Full Steam Ahead

Ville joined me at my breakfast table and ordered a coffee for himself.
“Thank-you for bringing the dildo back,” I said.
“No problem, what will you do with that thing?” he asked as he took off his blazer. I noticed for the first time, the tattoos that covered his arms.
“Me? Well it’s Jac’s dildo. Might keep her company tonight,” I said bluntly as Ville coughed in shock.
“You don’t beat around the bush, do you?” he asked.
“Never. What you see, is what you get,” I said and leaned over the table. I knew this angle exposed my cleavage and I caught him glance down quickly before he looked up at him again.
He shifted in his chair.
“I’d certainly say so,” he replied as his coffee arrived.
“Have you got any plans for today?” I asked as he stirred his coffee.
“Nothing on the agenda today except meeting up with some of my bandmates,” he answered.
“I don’t think you came here just to bring a dildo back,” I ventured trying to get some truth.
“Not entirely,” he admitted and paused.
“Will your cousin be joining you? Maybe I should grab an extra chair?”
“No, she’ll probably take another nine hours to get out the door. She was quite tired yesterday and is probably dying of morbid embarrassment right now.”
Ville raised his eyebrows. I hesitated with explaining that she was a fan. I was a bitch, but that not much of one.
“Ah yes, the t-shirt,” Ville said as if had had an a-ha moment.
“It’s mine, we swap clothes occasionally,” I offered as an explanation. She owed me.
“So you’re a fan then?” he asked.
“Well no-yes, no,” I stuttered as I looked around for the waiter. I needed more caffeine.
“Which one is it?”
“I am not a huge fan,” I clarified and finally motioned that I wanted another hot coffee.
“Ouch,” Ville said grabbing his heart in a mock charade. I laughed. “Which part of the music or the band don’t you like?” he asked genuinely.
“I’m not as well versed in all of your musical history. If you represent the band, I imagine I could get along well with the rest of them. But you, you I think are alright,” I said deviously staring at his eyes which were more lighter green today.
“Just alright? You’re killing my ego slowly,” he said jokingly. I saw an opportunity and grabbed it.
“It could change you know. I’ve got the day free and if you’re not busy until later, you could change my mind,” I offered as I held my breath. He seemed to mull it over in his mind.
“Okay,” he said slowly and looked around again.
“Are you waiting for someone?” I asked following his gaze around the café that was thinning out.
“Should we wait for your cousin?” he asked. I shook my head no.
“She’s probably sleeping off her hangover or changing her outfit repeatedly,” I shrugged and pushed back my chair. “Give me ten minutes to change and I’ll be right down again.”

I left him at the table before he could suggest otherwise and headed to the elevators. I skipped my floor and went straight to Jac’s. She answered on the first knock, her brunette hair wet and slicked back.

“I am heading out for the afternoon-“
“Did he leave?” she asked standing on her tiptoes to look past me. Her face was flushed.
“Yes, he was only here to drop off the dildo,” I lied.
She exhaled heavily.
“You ok?” I asked her.
“Yeah, I just- that was embarrassing,” she explained and pointed to the tee that now lay discarded on her hotel floor.
“Are you interested in him?” I asked her point blank.
“Why?” she asked with a caution.
“Remember what I said yesterday?” She nodded before looking at me.
“I am a fan yes so of course I am a bit undone by meeting him, but I could tell he was very into you yesterday. He even kissed you!” She said the last part with a nervous laugh.
“So you have no intention of trying to or wanting to see him again?” I pressed further, conscious of the time.
“Of course not. I mean, it would be cool to under normal circumstances but it’s Ville Valo, I could never-“
“Okay then,” I said cutting her off. I only had a few minutes to shower and change again.
I started to exit when I turned around.
“Are you positive J?” I asked.
“One-hundred percent,” she said before asking what I was doing again.
“Just going out to see sights and do some browsing,” I said which wasn’t a complete lie.
“Okay have fun! I’ll text you to meet up later,” she said as she closed her door.
“-and maybe to do a certain Finn,” I added under my breath. I had no shame.