Status: Complete ♥

Be My Valentine?

1/1

Every year on Valentine’s Day, Amelia would watch as all the popular girls gushed over the number of cards and gifts they’d received from the boys at the school. This year was no different in that respect, but there was a change to the usual run of events and Amelia was currently staring at it with a frown.

On February 14th, select students were chosen to deliver Valentine’s cards that were dropped into a pink post box and collected just before lunch. Amelia always received one from her best friend, Kaylee, but this year she was handed two cards and a cute chocolate teddy bear lolly that had ‘be my valentine’ on it.

“Who’s the other stuff from?” Kaylee asked for the fifth time, causing Amelia to roll her eyes as she put the lolly to one side and opened the card.

The card was of a simple heart design, but it was the message inside that caught her attention and brought a small smile to her face.

‘You, me, popcorn, two-liter Dr.Pepper, and a movie. You in?’ Corey xxx’

Glancing over at where the football team was sitting, Amelia found Corey watching her closely and gave him a nod in response to his question. She wasn’t naïve, of course, the thought that it was all just some huge joke crossed her mind and that was what worried her.

The rest of the school day seemed to drag, but finally, the bell rang and she headed to her locker to find Corey waiting for her.

“Hey,” he greeted with a smile.

“Hi,” Amelia replied, collecting her books and putting them into her bag.

“So, I was thinking that I’d come over to your house about five and we could hang out there?”

“That’s fine by me.”

“Cool, I’ll see you then,” Corey told her, earning a nod from Amelia and walking away to catch up with his friends.

Arriving home, Amelia found that she was home alone once again and threw the note from her parents in the bin. Five o’clock soon came around and Amelia opened the door as someone knocked, letting Corey in.

“I haven’t ordered the pizza yet,” Amelia said after a long silence, putting on the movie that he had brought with him and sitting down on the bed.

“That’s fine,” Corey replied with a shrug, “This isn’t the first time we’ve hung out, why are you so nervous?”

“I’m... this time is different and I’m waiting for you to tell me that it’s just some horrible joke.”

“Why would I do that?”

“I don’t know, because you’re mister cool dude who plays football and I’m just...”

“Funny, creative, smart,” Corey finished for her, “The one person that never fails to make me smile, that has the biggest heart of anyone I know and is always there when I need her. This has nothing to do with anyone at school, being here has always been about you and how I feel.”