‹ Prequel: Vengeance Is Mine
Status: updated as much as possible!

Welcome to the Family

To The Days When Nothing Mattered

(Bradley aka Lennon's POV)

When I awoke a few hours later, we were finally in California. Thankfully the bus driver was super helpful to us and drew up a map with the different train and bus lines that would take us straight to Huntington Beach from here. It was going to cost a little more money but at this point I didn't care if I went broke trying to get there. Nova had began to hyperventilate the minute we had gotten on the train when the realization had finally hit her that she was soon going to be face to face with her idols. Vinny thought she was overreacting, stating that they weren't that great, but deep down inside I knew he was as nervous as I was to meet everybody. Out of anyone, I should have felt the most scared, but I actually wasn't. I wasn't mad or resenting like I thought I would feel. I was actually super excited to finally get to meet my birth parents again. Sure, I had tons of questions for them, especially why they had even given me away in the first place but I'm sure their answer as to why they did it was probably much more complicated than that. And I understood, they both were only seniors in high school, and according to the papers I read, neither of them had the means to take care of a child at the time. So being angry with them wasn't at the top of my list. "It says we'll be arriving in twenty minutes, Len."

I could feel my hands begin to shake dramatically as I had heard Vinny say that. The reality that I was soon going to be face to face with them was only growing more closer. The only issue with our plan now was that we really didn't even have an exact address as to where we were even going but I figured it wouldn't be that hard to figure out, they were famous after all, I'm sure someone had to know where they lived. Although I guess it would be sort of strange for a total stranger to give a group of teenage kids claiming to be their relatives their address, I had to remain positive through it all, it was the only glimmer of hope that I had left. "I really hope they like us, I mean, we are your best friends. Oh, especially Brian, I can't wait to meet him." Nova gushed as she clutched her bag tightly to her chest. It was kinda funny to say it now, but my basically family's picture was sewn in to the fabric. To say that time passes by when you least expect it is a total understatement, because the moment I looked up from Nova's gaze, we had arrived in downtown Huntington Beach. "Holy shit, we're here! We're actually here!" I try my best to hold back my laughter as Vinny is the first to rush off of the train with Nova and I trailing closely behind him. "Hang on, Vin! Wait for us!"

My heart was pounding in my chest as we raced through the train depot and out to the parking lot where hundreds of people were gathered trying to navigate their own ways. When we finally did catch up to Vinny, the look on his face as the hot sun beamed down on him was priceless. "Oh God, who the hell wants to live here?! It's just as bad as the desert!" He flings himself dramatically onto a nearby bench that is sheltered from the rays and groans loudly. Nova and I sit beside him, looking out at the crowds of people that passed us by. "So what now? How do we get to your parents house from here?" I shrug my shoulders, letting out a sigh. I had no idea where to even go from here, I really had no idea where I even was. "Excuse me, you three aren't by chance lost, are you?" I look up slowly, seeing a man with scruffy facial hair and short black hair staring down at us. I was always told not to talk to any strangers but I figured I could make an exception in this case. "We are, actually. We're looking for my friend's mom, her name is Zephyr King. Do you know her?" I didn't want to flatly point out that I was looking for my own mom, because that would be odd although the more I think about it, everything I had said sounded pretty fucking weird all together. The man smiles at us before turning to yell loudly at another man who was a few feet away from him. "It's them!"

Nova's facial expression said it all about who I was talking with and who was coming closer towards us. "Oh-oh my-God." I had recognized him from the many pictures and posters littered all over her walls, it was their singer, who I swear was named Matt. "Oh my God, you look so much like her and Zack!" When he stepped closer to me and stared into my eyes for a few seconds, I could tell that I had made the right decision to come here. "M-Ma-Matt." Nova stammered and stuttered in complete shock as indeed, one of her idols, was standing right in front of her in the flesh. "Uh, is she okay?" He asks with a slight chuckle as he turns to look at her now. I put an arm over her shoulders before bringing her close. "Well you see, she's a really big fan of yours. And I'm not exaggerating when I say a big fan, she's practically an expert on you guys. She's just a little in shock that I'm actually considered family to you." He grins wickedly before giving Nova a soft pat on the arm. "Well I'm flattered but we can talk about that more later. Right now, we have to get you guys back to the house fast, the police are looking for you three about running away." I wasn't the least bit surprised that my parent's had called the cops and more than likely snitched off Vinny and Nova too. But what mattered most to me now, was that I was on my way to finally see and meet my real parents.

The man who had spotted us beforehand turned out to be named Jason Berry and he was a very good friend to my parents and the entire band. The ride was excruciatingly short but definitely not quiet. Matt had asked plenty of questions the entire fifteen minutes and I was running out of answers fast, so I simply handed him the adoption order that I had found. By the time we had pulled into a driveway that was connected to a fairly large mansion style house, I was pretty sure that it had answered most of them. "It really is you, but honestly, I knew it was you the moment I looked at you. Oh man, they are gonna be so shocked to see you. Your mom has been having dreams about you since the day she had to say goodbye to you." A single tear had slipped out of my eye and rolled down my cheek but I still smiled all the while as we started our walk to the front door. I wasn't used to just walking inside someone's house without being invited, but according to Matt, this basically was my own home. Vinny, Nova, and I all sat our bags down by the front door while we waited for him to come back from upstairs. "I-I can't-believe-I-am-I'm in-Zacky-Vengeance's fucking-house." Nova continued to stutter and pretty much hyperventilate the entire time she looked around.

Vinny nudged her in the side, begging her nicely to please shut up, because the real reason we were even here was all because of me. "I know that, I'm not an idiot Vincent." She snapped at him suddenly which makes him flinch in his seat some. I quickly shoot them a glare, signaling for both of them to shut up. "Oh my God, is that her?" I whip my head to the side now, seeing a younger looking blonde woman standing beside Matt as they walked down the stairs approaching us. She comes straight to me, putting a soft hand to my face. Her smile was gentle and warm as she just looked deeply in my eyes. "It is her, Matty. I can't believe it's actually her, after all these years! I'm your aunt Val." She immediately hugs me tightly which is a little unexpected but completely welcomed. Once she lets go, she instantly asks who my friend's were. I then introduce Vinny and Nova whose showed that she already knew who she was. "You-You're-Val Sanders! Oh my God!" I apologize in advance for her, repeating the same speech that I had given to Matt earlier at the train station. She laughs lightly before walking over to Nova and giving her a tight squeeze, which only succeeds in making her practically faint right there in the middle of the living room.

"Woah, easy there! Hey Nova, you can't keep playing dead in front of my relatives, it's really embarrassing." With the help of Vinny and Matt we help sit her down on the small love seat as she just smiles innocently. "I have no idea what you're talking about, Len." Matt and Val look at me confused as they hear what she calls me, I guess it's time to explain some more. "My adoptive parents changed my entire name I guess after they had gotten me so I wouldn't question anything when I got older because I didn't look anything like either of them. So I've been called Lennon my entire life, as far as I know, but I guess my real name is Bradley, and that's what you all know me as, so you can call me whatever makes you guys feel comfortable." They both nod with understanding smiles on their faces until the sound of the front door opening drags away all of our attention. I'm suddenly faced to faced with a man and woman whose gazes widen drastically once they meet mine. I feel like if I'm staring straight into a mirror as we don't say one word to each other. These must be my parents, Zack and Zephyr. "Bradley, is that really you?" Zack speaks up first and the sound of his voice makes my heart break into a million tiny pieces. I'm staring at my twin, I have his same green eyes and dark black hair but my facial features resemble her a bit more.

I'm not sure whether to run up and hug them or just stand there awkwardly but my gut instinct kicks in and I pretty much go with the first option. They both hug onto me as tight as the possibly can and call me crazy but I can feel like somehow a giant void that's been hanging over me for so long had finally been filled. "My daughter has finally come and found me. God, you don't know how long I've been dreaming of this moment." Zephyr, or should I say, my mom says with tears running down her face as she continues to look at me. "How old are you now? Sixteen?" I shake my head, sniffling. They hadn't seen me in sixteen almost seventeen years. Of course these reactions were to be expected. "There's no denying or even trying to say that she isn't her. I remember those same green orbs staring up at me the day she was born. That's my niece alright." A stronger voice comes from behind us and before anyone can get a word out, the sound of Nova's body dropping to the floor as she faints once again steers our attention her way. "Uh, is she alright over there?" The voice belonged to none other than her love of life, Brian Haner aka Synyster Gates. I put my hand to my forehead, sighing deeply. This was going to be one long reunion if she keeps doing that. "Oh she's a huge fan, you'll hear all about it when she becomes conscious again in a few minutes." Vinny interjects which only makes the entire room start to fill with laughter now.

"My baby is home, everyone. She's finally back home." I'm caught of guard by that statement but none the less accept it as I only hug onto her and Zack tightly once again. "I'm home, Mom. I finally am home."
♠ ♠ ♠
A filler if you will, but definitely much needed. This sequel is a lot harder to write than I had originally thought seeing as it is the first of its kind that I have ever done! BUT fear not, I promise it'll get better from here on out! Thank you so very much for all the love and support, I appreciate it greatly. Love to you all! xx