‹ Prequel: Vengeance Is Mine
Status: updated as much as possible!

Welcome to the Family

I'll Be With You Here Until The End

(Bradley aka Lennon's POV)

Instantly, my parents instruct the three of us to book it into the backyard and up over into the neighbors yard. I found it rather odd but they insisted no one would mind as the owners weren't home. Nova grabbed onto my arm as we ran fast down the flight of stairs with Vinny trailing close behind us. I didn't dare stop to look towards the front door where I knew probably two officers were waiting to take us back. When we reach the wall there's a planter that's actually as tall as the fence so it's pretty fucking easy to scale over. Except we each land with a thud onto the hard grass below as there wasn't anything to step onto on the other side. My heart is racing and my hands are shaking violently as I can hear people talking, it had to be my parents and the cops. We inch closer to the back gate to listen in better. "I'll gladly let you in to search our home, officers. Because I can assure you, they aren't here and they haven't been." That was my dad's voice. "Sure, let's take a look for ourselves about that."

We keep ourselves ducked lowly, not wanting to make any sort of noise or movement as I can tell the entire property was being searched with a fine toothed comb. I only hoped they were able to stash our bags away someplace they weren't able to be found. "Fuck, I don't wanna go back home, this is my dream come true." Nova huffs with a pout. I put my finger to my lips in a shushing tone hoping that she would catch the message. Thankfully she did and not another sound was made. I could hear rustling through the bushes and the sounds of feet on the pavement, they were looking through the backyard. Thinking on our feet, we ran to the opposite side of the house as to not be seen in case they decided to look over the fence. Which they in fact did. "I don't see anything, Joe. Neighbors are away on vacation and I highly doubt they would even be over there. Let's head back and tell them we didn't see any sign of these kids. Keep a close watch on the home, leave a unit out front." Fuck, that definitely wasn't good.

It feels like a fucking eternity before I finally hear a familiar voice calling out to us. "Guys, come on, hurry up!" It was my mom this time and I wasted no time in hurling myself back over to the house. She hugged each of us tight, saying that the police were gone for now but they were going to be back. I felt a tremendous amount of guilt as we headed back inside. It wasn't their fault that we were here, it was mine. It was all my idea to even come here and look for them in the first place. I wasn't thinking of the consequences, I just wanted to get some answers. But now I wasn't so sure that any of this was even worth it anymore. "Well, they'll be back and they'll be staking us out for some time. The only option is to act normal and not raise the alarm. Meaning you three will have to sleep in the basement tonight. That ok?" Nova is of course, the first to agree to anything. She was just glad to be here at all, she didn't care about anything else besides the now. I just shrugged my shoulders in response, I didn't even know what to say anymore. "Vin, let's leave Len-I mean Brad alone to talk to her folks." And with that, she's pretty much dragging him down the stairs.

"I am so sorry for causing all this drama for you guys. I didn't mean to, I just couldn't help myself after I found that stupid paper. I wish I had never found it, I wish I had never even came here in the first place." I'm sobbing like a goddamn child again but it obviously doesn't bother them any as I'm soon enwrapped in their arms once again. Damn, they sure were fucking loving people, weren't they? "Don't talk like that, kid. We're more than happy that you're here and you know if you weren't, you wouldn't have come here either. You would have stayed put and didn't think twice about that paper you found. Am I right? You wouldn't have gone through the trouble of asking your friends to help you put the pieces together either. So just try to relax a bit, it's going to be ok, we promise. No one will let anything happen to you, not without a fight at least. As for your friends, I think at least maybe Vinny should see if his parent's have caught wind of anything. But look, we'll figure that out in the morning, it's already late, let's get you guys to bed." I don't argue or put up a fight, I just let them whisk me away down to the basement where my friends were anxiously awaiting my arrival.

Nova and Vinny were sitting on the small futon sofa while everyone else was sporadically spread out inside. Not exactly what I was expecting but I guess they all were just as concerned about what was going to happen. I sat down beside Matt and aunt Val who wrapped a gentle arm around my shoulder. "Well, we obviously knew this was going to happen one time or another but I just didn't think they would get here so fast. The local PD is leaving a car out front to keep a close watch on us, so we'll all have to keep our cool and go home like nothing is going on. The kids will sleep down here until we know we're in the clear to move around the house without a watchful eye. I can't just close up all the windows and curtains because then they'll be even more suspicious. But it's been agreed, Vinny, you'll call your parents and check in. They aren't expected back until next week anyway, so they might not really be too worried about you lying about where you are anyway. As for you Nova, I know you said your parent's probably are too strung out to even realize the phone is ringing but I still think you should keep your phone off." Everyone just sort of nods or answers with an 'Ok'.

After that, everyone takes their turns hugging and saying goodbye to us. Val seems to hug onto me for the longest while Nova downright refuses to let Brian go. Hard to believe a while ago she wasn't even able to be near them for even a second without passing out. "Ok, come on Nova, I think my aunt Michelle wants her husband back. Let go." I'm resorted to having to pry her hands from off of him and pretty much drag her away while she stomps and groans in defense. "Hey, don't worry you'll be seeing us again soon, promise." He flashes her a warming smile and I can tell it just about killed her. "Oh no, not again." Vinny sighs as indeed, Nova does pass out. "We are seriously going to have to start carrying around an inflatable mattress for her to fall on. I'm going to feel really bad if she ends up breaking a leg or something." I laugh rather loudly, causing everyone to sort of stare at me a little puzzled. "Oh sorry, just if you've been around her long enough like I have, she only does this at the absolute worse times. Anyway-I want you all to call me Bradley, that is my name from here on out." I quickly change the subject, trying to draw the attention back on the important subject, me.

"Of course, whatever you want sweets. We'll see you all in the morning kiddos, goodnight." Aunt Val says as she gives me a soft pat on the back and follows everyone else out to the living room. Finally, a moment to be alone with my friends. Well ok, more like a moment to finally be alone with Vinny. We sit together on the floor and I curl up in his lap, resting my head against his shoulder. I was so thankful to have him throughout everything. Sure, I knew he was in love with Nova and vice versa, but it felt good to be able to have someone to fallback on every time things got rough. "So what do you think? Is it worth it being here?" He asks in a hushed tone while wrapping his arms around my waist. I let out a small sigh, trying to process all of the thoughts that were flooding my brain. Of course I thought it was worth it. I don't think I could ever in my right mind leave this place and these people that all care so much about me. It's not about the fame or the money or anything like that either. It's genuinely to me, all about the love I feel. I know I sound like a broken fucking record because I keep saying that but its true, I have never in my 16 years of life ever felt like this before.

He kisses the side of my face before tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ear. "You don't have to answer that, I can just tell by your body language. I like it here too, I really wish we could stay with you." There's a hint of sadness lingering in his voice and I know exactly what he's thinking. There was no way in hell my parents could take on the responsibility of harboring two extra runaway kids. Although to be fair, Vinny didn't actually run away and Nova's parents hate her anyway. But that's not the point! They're already taking a super huge risk having me here, I couldn't handle having them or my friends getting into even more trouble as it was. "I love you Vin, I always will. You and Nova are my best friends in the entire universe, I wouldn't have been able to make it here without you guys. I don't want you to go back to Vegas without me but I know it's going to have to be that way and I'm really sorry. But this is my only chance to be set free from Danny and all the bullshit that's haunting me back there and you know that. So please don't be mad at me for wanting to stay, please? This is for the best." I'm pleading at this point and the tears are already coming. He doesn't saying anything, he just continues to hold onto me tightly. "I'll be here with you until the very end."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah thank you so so much to everyone who is here! I am trying to keep a steady update a day type of habit but tomorrow will be my break until friday! so for now, enjoy and let me know what you all think! Love you all! xo