The Heart I Call Home

t w o

As I lay on the ultrasound table out of the corner of my eye I see my boyfriend, the father of my child looking nervous as I'd ever seen him his knee bouncing up and down, it was just the two of us in the room and it was clear Grayson needed someone besides me.

"Gray, go get Ethan out of the waiting room, I know you need him, it's okay," I said softly as I watched his body shift and stand up.

"I'll be right back, don't let them start without me," he said as he pressed a kiss softly to my forehead as he walked out, returning moments later with his older brother trailing in behind him.

"I wish mom didn't have that meeting this morning for work so she could be here," Ethan said as he smiled at me putting his hand comfortingly on his brother's shoulder.

When the technician came in she was a friendly, older woman who just instantly made me feel comfortable in the most nervous time of my entire life. She had me lift my shirt up below my breasts and put a towel tucked into the top of my snug jeans. She applied the gel and Grayson stood up walking over standing closer to the monitor taking my hand as Ethan held the other.

"You've got a good support team here, huh, honey?" she asked turning the monitor on

"I really do, daddy over here and uncle over here," I said identifying which was which to the woman, she greeted them both and went back to the monitor observing it for a moment before looking at the three of us.

"It looks like twins run in the family because looking here and here," she paused a moment labeling each baby A and B. I could feel my pulse go up but naturally, I played it cool.

"Congratulations, you're about ten weeks which could explain if you've felt recently that maybe your clothes are fitting a little tighter, you start to get a belly with twins about this time," she explained as Grayson just stared at the monitor and Ethan having a little shocked expression on his face.

yes you two imagine how I'm feeling is all I could think as the technician printed out some of the images, cleaned off my abdomen, gave us a DVD so we could take it to show Lisa. Once I stood back up I was quiet. I thanked the technician as we walked out, Grayson's hand laced with mine and Ethan's hand on my back as we walked back to the jeep.

"Well, that just happened didn't it?" Ethan said starting up the vehicle "On the plus side, now we get to take you to get some new clothes for your cute little bump," he said as we began to head home, the reality had yet to set in.

--- a little time jump ---

When we came back home Lisa was there, ready to hear all about the ultrasound, see the pictures and Grayson was happy to show her. Meanwhile, I showered and changed into a pair of my shorts and one of Gray's old shirts. I sat on the bed I shared with my boyfriend and that's when the tears began to spill, falling quickly from my eyes down my cheeks. I was so busy focusing on my own sadness I didn't hear Grayson come in the room until I felt his strong arms wrap around my small frame.

"Hey, baby, what's wrong?" his normally loud voice asked softly as his arms pulled me into his body, my head just instantly falling to his chest.

"I'm so scared, Grayson, we're so young, you are at the top of your career and now we're gonna have two babies, not just one and it's scary, I'm having so much self-doubt," I sniffled as he kissed my hair.

"I'm scared too, it's okay to be scared, I think all parents are scared shitless when they find out they're going to be parents regardless of how many babies they're having." Grayson paused as laying down bringing me down with him, one of his hands gently tracing shapes in the middle of my back and on the rested carefully on my hand engulfing mine.

"Look at us though, we've got settled roots, we've got amazing jobs, sure we're young but we've got it better than some do. Plus we've got Ethan and my mom moving her roots now that she's about to have grandchildren," Grayson said with a laugh grabbing a tissue from his nightstand dabbing my cheeks.

"Babe, it would seem we've got it made," I said softly as I took the tissue wiping the tear stains from my cheeks.

Grayson's hand moved to my abdomen rubbing over it a little bit, he lifted up the shirt crawling down to place gentle kisses all over my bare skin.

"I really can't wait to meet you, my two beautiful creations," Grayson whispered softly as I ran my fingers through his soft hair, his head resting on my abdomen. As I looked at Grayson in this moment, I knew right then and there that maybe everything was going to work out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dear readers,
First of all, thank you for reading my fanfiction! I am by no means a professional author, I do writing out of pure fun and as a something that sends me into distraction when I’m feeling like things are too much and it eases my anxiety as it is a distraction. If you don’t like it you don’t have to read it but please do not be rude in the comments about the way I write or how I choose to write the characters in my story out. Also as I stated before I’m not a professional by any means so that that include sometimes I don’t proofread but I do my best with the help of Grammarly. Anyhow, I’m rambling, thank you for reading! xo