Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Cabin By The Sea

“I think I prefer this over going out.” Natalie states as she pours herself another glass of wine before climbing back into the king size bed all of us are in. “It’s not noisy and it’ll be easier to control you guys.”

“This is actually worse than us going out.” I inform her as I pry myself from Rami’s arms. “We are fairly well behaved in public because we have to be. In private, it gets a lot worse. Right boys?” I turn and look at Ben and Joe. Both of them are giving me their most innocent looks.

“You’re just as bad as we are.” Ben counters, defending himself. “You get just as drunk and just as reckless. Rami told us about the wrap party for Need for Speed”. I turn to myself and narrow my eyes at him. He just throws his hands up in the air and a smirk appears on his lips.

“They drug it out of me, I swear.”

“I leave and you tell my secrets, I see how it is.” I get out of bed and head over to pour myself some more wine. “Besides, I could easily turn around and tell them even crazier stories from that night as well.”

“You wouldn’t dare.” He narrows his blue eyes at me.

“Please tell us!” Ben and Joe exclaim.

“No,” I tell them. “It’s because I’m a nice girlfriend.”

“Bitch!” Again in unison Ben and Joe yell.

“This is why Gwilym is my favorite.” I tell them as I walk over to the Welsh actor, putting an arm around him. “He doesn’t call me a bitch.”

“You’re far from a bitch.” He says, earning a kiss on the cheek.

“Was filming like this?” Natalie asks. “It’s amazing how close you guys are all.”

“They had no choice but to be close with rehearsals and shit.” I tell her. “But yea, filming was a lot like this. It was a lot of fun, nothing can beat this.”

“Not even your new project?” Joe asks. “I’ve seen your instagram posts. It looks like a lot of fun.”

“It is.” I tell him as I head over and sit back down next to Rami. “My costumes are nothing but short shorts and bikini tops. Good music is constantly playing and…”

“And the fact you guys practically smoke weed all day.” Natalie adds, laughing.

“What!?” All four men yell at the same time.

“We just did a movie were most of your characters were heavily into drugs and orgies and my character being a stoner is a shocker?” I question them. “Besides I know for a fact all of you know I have a medical marijuana card. So this isn’t a fucking shocker.”

“I didn’t know you had a card!” Ben says. “I don’t feel like I know you. Next thing you’re gonna tell me is you didn’t go to college to major in acting.”

“I didn’t.” I tell him. “Far from it. I have a Bachelors in Anthropology and Classical Civilization from NYU.” I laugh. “I also minored in Hellenic Studies and Dramatic Literature. How did you not know that?”

“I didn’t even know that.” Rami defends Ben, laughing. “Why the hell are you acting and in a band?”

“Because making music was more fun.” I shrug. “The acting came later but it’s just as fun. I only went to college as a backup plan. Besides can you picture me at sites of ancient civilizations digging around?”

“How come you never told us this?” Gwilym asks. “I feel like I really don’t know you now.”

“I thought you guys knew, honestly. It’s not a hidden fact or anything. It even says it on my wikipedia and IMDb.” I laugh. “Not my fault you guys don’t know how to google.”

“Besides if you’re around our parents long enough you’ll hear them talk about their daughter and her useless degree.” Natalie chuckles. “I’ll be the next one they’ll talk like that about. Our brother Brad and sister Vanessa are the only ones they’ll ever be 100% proud of when it comes to careers.”

“And that’s because those kissasses decided to become veterinarians like mom and dad.” I rolled my eyes. “Their youngest two refuse to follow suit and yet somehow we’re the disappointments.”

“You do have a useless degree.” Natalie points out. “I just decided not to go to college. I’m still in my grace period of deciding on what I want to do with my life.”

“Hopefully it’s something better than being your sister’s little bitch forever.” Ben states.

“I get to hang out with you assholes so it can’t be all that bad.” Natalie shrugs.

“Anyway, what’s your new movie about besides your character being a stoner?” Gwilym asks, changing the subject back to the movie.

“It’s called Cabin by the Sea and it’s about these group of friends that rent this cabin every year. They’ve gone through hell and back with each other. Love, loss, happiness and misery; they’ve seen it all with each other. This yearly vacation is their one chance to escape their worlds.”

“It sounds...sweet actually.” Joe notes. “I thought it was like a stoner comedy or some shit.”

“Seth Rogen didn’t write or direct any part of this movie.” I laugh. “It is really a sweet story about friends and how friendship can overcome anything.” I dramatically lay back onto Rami, not spilling my wine at all.

“How are The Vixens handling being on hold again?” Ben asks.

“The Vixens are on hold for the foreseeable future.” I admit frowning. “And it has nothing to do with my shooting schedule.”

“What’s wrong?” Rami asks. “When I went on tour with you guys, everything seemed fine.”

“Things are never exactly how they seem.” I vaguely say. “All of us want different things. We’ve been in the band since Freshman year in college. It was time to let The Vixen sleep for a bit.”

“You okay?” Rami asks, looking very concerned about my happiness.

“I’m fine.” I put on a smile. “Things like The Vixens need a break, that’s all. At this point, the band was just a hobby for us.”

“Just making sure your happy.” He says moving enough so he can easily place a gentle kiss on my lips.

“I’m happy, promise.”

“Okay let’s get this party fucking started!” Ben yells. “Let’s play Bad People!” The rest of us, minus, Natalie, groan at the mention of the card game. Tonight is going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?