Status: Very Active Updates..

The First Boy

Chapter Nine

One thing that Noah and Jesse Carlo were good at, besides football, was planning a great party. The whole senior class among some juniors were at his house, and everyone was having a blast. Like all high schools, the cliques stayed together, but everyone was always welcomed in the Carlo home. The best part of the Carlo’s having parties was that you did not have to worry about the party getting busted by the cops since Mr. Joey Carlo was a NYC police officer.

Joey Carlo was Noah and Jesse’s uncle, and their dad’s brother. He was famous in our Italian neighborhood and everybody loved him. He was kind and compassionate towards everyone and was truly our town hero. He has done so much for the community and helping others that he was awarded a bench on Main Street. He was a good guy, but you also knew not to mess with him.

A long time ago, before I existed, my dad’s sister, Enza, used to date Joey. They were together for years, but Zia Enza couldn’t stop herself from exploring and living her life. She wanted to be free and didn’t want to be tide down to a family. She moved to Italy to be with my grandparents and explore Europe. Either Enza or Joey have been married. I still think that they love each other but will do nothing about it.

It was 10:45PM and everyone was pretty much drunk at this time. People kept on walking in and out of the house without a worry in the world. It was a sight to see everyone you went to school with drunk. I didn’t like to drink a lot, but Noah kept on feeding me vodka club drinks. According to him, it would help with the pain in my ankle. I didn’t believe him, but I kept on drinking anyways.

The best part about the party so far was the Lina Divo was nowhere in sight, and neither was her side kick, Nikki. I have to say, this kept me feeling a little sane knowing that I didn’t have to deal with her or Nikki. I kept on taking welcoming sips of the cool vodka so I didn’t want to argue or fight with anyone. Especially when I was drunk. I just wanted to be close to Noah and get to know his world a little bit better.

Noah was sitting on the couch next to JP and his other good friend, Leo. I didn’t know Leo very well, but he seemed like a pretty decent guy. He always had something to say and was pretty loud. Typical Italian, can’t blame him for who he is.

I was standing next to Stella and Cassie when Noah put his hands on my waist and pulled me down onto his lap. I started to giggle and fall back onto his chest. He pulled my luscious hair to the side and started to kiss my neck. I closed my eyes and welcomed his kisses. I then tried to pull away, but he was too strong for me to get out of his reach. I wasn’t used to getting treated like this by Noah, but I definitely did not mind it.

“You are so beautiful,” he says whispering in my ear.

I turn my head, so I am now looking into his eyes. They can tell me so much. I see how happy he is again. I never thought I would see Noah happy without Lina. He seems kind in a sense that he will do anything for me if he ever needed too. I saw hope for a future for us, a future I knew we both really wanted.

“Come on,” he says helping me up “I want to show you something.”

I get up and take my crutches as he walks me towards the kitchen that leads to his beautiful backyard. Noah’s backyard was so big that it feels like if you didn’t know your way around you could get lost. He has big, bright lights that lead you to the fire pit that is burning bright in the night. No one is around in the yard besides us two. There is a warm, evening blanket with a smores kit and Corona’s. If I was a guessing woman, I would believe that Noah planned this for the two of us.

“Did you do all of this?” I say as we get closer to the fire pit.

I sit down and take a seat. My arms and left side of my body are tired from standing so much. Noah takes the folded blanket and puts it on my lap. Even though it’s still summer, the fall chill has taken over the night and a blanket is definitely needed around a fire. Noah sits in the seat next to me as he puts a few marshmallows on a stick so he can roast them. I sit and stare at how perfect the night is, and how perfect the man next to me is as well.

“So? Is this better than the cafeteria thing?” He says a little nervous. I know he is scared for my reaction.

“Noah,” I say as I try to choose my words carefully “I am not Lina.”

“Belly,”

“Let me finish,” I say as I take his hand. “I know that this is a fling, and one day we are going to laugh about it, but for now, I need you to know that I don’t like the attention on me. Ever.”

“Why do you keep on doing this?”

“Doing what?” I say even though I know exactly what he means.

“Why are you insisting on pushing me away?” He says hurt.

That breaks my heart.

“You just broke up with Lina. Not even a couple weeks ago Noah. Doesn’t that scream ‘fling’ to you?” I say in my serious tone. These words sting to say as much as it for him to hear.

“Lina and I may have seemed to be perfect for each other, but you have no idea how toxic that relationship was Belly,” he says giving my hand a tighter squeeze.

“Oh come on,” Lina says “it wasn’t all that bad, baby.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is a short chapter, but I really wanted to add one more for you guys ! I hope you enjoy it !
D