Forever Yours

1 April 1835

Dear Frederick,

I miss you terribly, and I am overcome with guilt knowing the role I played a in your departure from Langford Academy. I am told you left by your own choice, but I am no fool. I know you’ve been sent away in an effort to protect the school’s reputation and my own.

I may never forgive myself for being so foolish. We were doomed to be discovered from the very beginning. Try as I might to change it, I am the sort of man that will forever be in the public eye. I am cursed to always be noticed, and to never have my secrets kept. You told me once, back when we first met, that you hated your hometown of Whitehall Bay because it was so small you could never keep a secret. That, my friend, is the way my life has always gone, and no new school or large city will change that.

The realization of this has broken my heart, my dear Frederick, because it comes alongside the realization that I am in love with you. It pains me to know I never had the chance to tell you in person. Sin as it may be, I love you with all my heart.
When I was confronted by my father about my relationship with you, he struck me so hard my ears rang. He is usually an even-tempered man, my father, and never once raised a hand against me as a boy. I suppose this was a disgrace worthy of such a break with precedence. Even so, I carry on loving you.

Without you my world has gone dark. I never knew the light that was missing from my life before you stumbled into it, and now that it is gone I feel I cannot carry on. Please, Frederick, answer me if you can. I know our situation is precarious, and I know the odds that we shall soon, if ever, be reunited are tragically low, but if nothing else, I need to know what became of you. I need to know you are safe and well, that you have a plan to carry on. I cannot bear to live with this uncertainty.

I had our friend Charlie mail this letter for me, as I’m watched rather closely at the academy. You know the address of his tavern. Send your reply there and he can forward it to me.

Affectionately yours,
Robert
♠ ♠ ♠
Welcome to the first chapter of my cheesy gay love story. More to come soon!
~ Celia