Status: Currently being written

A Light to Call Home

Prologue

Two Years ago

Ziva David settled her one and a half year old daughter into her crib for the night. She brushed Tali’s curls out of her face and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. She was the most precious gift she’d ever gotten.

“Tomorrow is a big day Tali. You and Ima are taking a trip to meet your Abba,” she said feeling guilty as she always did when she thought of Tony. When she first discovered she was pregnant she wasn’t ready to return to the United States. She was still struggling with the choices she’d made for her life and Tali was such an unexpected surprise she needed time to process.

As her pregnancy progressed it was just easier to do everything on her own. She knew Tony would have been on the first flight if he knew she was pregnant and she didn’t want to disrupt his life. The moment Tali came into the world, her perfect miracle Ziva regretted that decision. She knew as the nurse settled her daughter into her arms that she would give her daughter everything in the world she ever needed and that included her father.

The problem was the longer Ziva waited to tell Tony the harder it actually got to do it. He was going to be angry and she wondered if he would be able to forgive her for keeping Tali from him for so long. A week ago she bought tickets deciding Tony had already missed his little girl’s first steps and her first words. She couldn’t live with herself if he missed anymore. Tali’s bag was packed with all her favorite things and Ziva only a few things left to pack in her own.

Ziva rubbed her daughter’s back until she drifted to sleep. She marveled at how much the little girl looked like her father. She leaned over and pressed another kiss to daughter’s cheek before walking out of the room and closing the door. Ziva headed to the other side of the farm house where she slept. By the time she heard the muffled movements and realized someone was in her house it was too late and everything went dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe.