Sequel: Battle Symphony
Status: This story is complete! If you liked it, be sure and read the next installment! (Coming soon)

Breaking the Habit

Michelle hasn't had it easy in life, coming from a broken home, an absentee father and abusive mother, she wasn't really set up for success in life, and struggles in relationships, battling addiction, self-harm, and depression.
She hasn't been sober for more than a couple of weeks since her engagement to her high school sweetheart fell through three years ago, and after a black out bender with her friends, she ends up going home with a man she's never met.
When she wakes up, she remembers nothing from the night before, but can't help but be enchanted by the handsome stranger that greets her.
Unsure of what she did, or who this person is, she's cautious and afraid.
But she doesn't realize that she's met the one person in the world who actually understands her, who's been through similar situations and battles similar demons.
How will things play out?
Will these two strangers revel in the previous night's events?
Or will she do the walk of shame, and forget about him, like she has all the others?
Give the story a chance, and find out
  1. I'm Not Sober Anymore
    Michelle wakes up in a strange place, and tries to piece together the events of the night before, that got her there, and who the stranger in the bathroom is.
  2. Like The Feeling Of Being In Love
    After the introductions and explanations, Chester and Michelle start thinking that maybe this could be more than just another one night stand.
  3. Family Doesn't End In Blood, Sometimes It Ends With Blood
    After making the decision to attempt a relationship, things go South, as Michelle's overprotective father tries to tear her and Chester apart, bringing Michelle to decide to cut ties with her family, and live for herself, finally.
  4. Speaking Her Body Language
    After making another big decision, things get hot and heavy (MATURE CONTENT: READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED)
  5. I'll Love You For A Thousand Years
    Now completely separated from her family, Michelle embraces a new family, and a bright future with the man she loves.
  6. Say Something, I'm Giving Up On You
    Just when they thought the worst was over, and they thought they were finally going to be happy, life has to remind them of how fragile and vulnerable it truly is.
  7. And Then There Were Three.
    As hard as it is for Chester to see at this moment, there is a light at the end of the dark tunnel that has become his life, and now he has to prepare for a new challenge, all while living in suspense of Michelle's fragile and ever-changing condition
  8. When The Other Shoe Drops..
    Just when they think the worst is over, and things are looking up, the tragedy does a 180, leaving the future of this happy couple hanging in the balance. What's going to happen next?
  9. And Time Stood Still.
    The days are running together, and hope is quickly fleeting. But like they always say, it's darkest before the dawn.
  10. Wake Me When It’s Over.
    Life has seemingly returned to normal for Chester and Michelle, but as always, darkness lurks just around the bend.
  11. The Heart Wants What the Heart Wants, Right?
    Michelle gets used to being back in Chicago with her dad, while Chester spirals ever downward in her absence. Both are living in regret of the decisions they've made, but will they be able to repair the rift in their relationship and move on?
  12. Going Home.
    It’s been a long few months, and Michelle is as ready to be home as Chester is to have her home. But like with everything so far, the trip home isn’t going to be easy for either of them.
  13. Chicago In The Rearview.
    Though happy to have each other back, Chester and Michelle are in for a very long and challenging drive back to California, let's hope their relationship can survive the trip.
  14. I'm On My Way Home Sweet Home.
    The long road trip is winding to an end, and Los Angeles is getting closer, plans are being made, laughter is had, and all is as it should be, again.
  15. Till Death Do We Part...?
    Michelle is finally home where she belongs with Chester, and it's all happiness and bliss. That is, until he has to leave to go to treatment for six months, leaving her all alone. Will she seek comfort elsewhere in his absence?
  16. Playing With Fire.
    Michelle is having a difficult time living with herself and her choices after Chester's departure to treatment, but why can't she stop?
  17. I Think I Like It This Way.
    Mike and Michelle have come to recognize the weight of their mistakes, and just when we thought things were going to turn around, everything goes to shit, again. Michelle is falling apart, in the worst way possible.
  18. The Aftermath.
    Michelle has learned her lesson, and things should be looking up for her, but as usual, more problems start appearing, and we're left to wonder exactly what's going to play out next.
  19. It's Gonna Get Worse Before It Gets Better.
    In the midst of all the drama, Michelle is doing her best to keep it together for herself, the baby and Chester, who is going back and forth between anger and resentment and gratitude and happiness. They're still not out of the woods yet, but are the
  20. I Don’t Belong Here
    Things just keep getting worse, one tragedy after another, and finally the biggest tragedy yet for Michelle and Chester. Is their relationship strong enough to survive this? Or will they fall apart?
  21. Golden Ring On A Silver Chain
    Michelle is trying to navigate this new life she's chosen for herself, but old habits die hard, and so does old love. She's making reckless choices and digging herself deeper into a new hole, with Chester not far behind her.
  22. Karma Is A Bitch
    Like they always say, what comes around goes around. And Michelle is learning that for herself the hard way. She knew there would be consequences for her actions, but now she’s got herself in real mess. What is she going to do?
  23. There's Nowhere To Go But Up.
    With the big news, Michelle now has to sort out the confusion, and make some life changing decisions, while Chester is learning to deal with them. Let's hope the odds are in favor of our favorite happy couple.
  24. Two Steps Forward, Twelve Steps Back.
    Just when they thought they were going to get ahead, things have to go wrong again. Will their relationship survive?
  25. New Life And New Lies
    Babies are a miracle, and this time is supposed to be a happy one for new parents, but you know these two can't have anything normal. Of course there's going to be drama. What is Chester going to do next?
  26. These Things I Wish I Didn't Know
    Pain, Anger, Lies, Truth, Insults. Nobody is holding anything back anymore. Could this really be the end of our happy couple?
  27. New Beginnings And A Perfect Ending.
    After everything that has happened, there is finally peace among our troubled lovers. There is finally happiness and honesty. This story comes to a close, but their tale isn't over yet, there's still many adventures they've yet to embark on. I think