Sequel: Battle Symphony
Status: This story is complete! If you liked it, be sure and read the next installment! (Coming soon)

Breaking the Habit

Going Home.

-Michelle-
When I woke up again, it was 11 am.
I sat up, stretched and yawned and Bailee stretched too.
I got up off the bed and went into the kitchen to get some orange juice.
I looked over my shoulder, and my dad’s bedroom door was open, but there was silence throughout the house.
In the bedroom, I heard my phone ringing.
I picked it up, “Hello?”
“Good morning baby.” He sounded cheerful.
“Good morning.” He said.
“I was just thinking about you.” I said.
“I’ve been thinking about you all night. I miss you like crazy.” He said.
“I miss you too, babe. I just got up and I was about to start packing up.” I said.
“When are you leaving?” He asked.
“It shouldn’t take more than an hour or two to get everything packed, and then I’ll be heading to the airport.” I said.
“Well I can’t wait to see you.” he said.
“Believe me, Bailee and I can’t wait to see you either.” I said.
“I’ll get up and clean the house up before you get here.” He said.
“I have a question.” I interrupted.
“Sure, what is it babe?” he asked.
“When was the last time you used?”
He fell silent for a minute, “About ten minutes ago.” he finally answered.
“No wonder you’re in such a great mood. You fucking anyone?” I asked.
“Now that’s just unfair, you know that I’m not. I know you’re coming home.” he said.
“Have you fucked anyone else since I’ve been gone?” I asked.
“No. In order to hook-up with women, I’d have to leave the house, which I haven’t done very often. The only time I leave the house is to get liquor or my fix. I promise on Bailee.” he said.
“You know you’re going to have to leave to go to treatment, right?” I asked.
“I know. And I’m not looking forward to it, but I know that I have to do it for you and Bailee. He sighed.
Someone knocked on the door.
“Hold on babe, someone’s at the door.” I struggled to my feet and headed for the foyer.
I opened the door, and it was William.
“Hey, your dad told me you were going home, so I thought I’d stop by and wish you luck, and say goodbye.” he said.
“Honey, I have to call you back.” I said.
“Is it your mother?” he asked.
“No, it’s some of my friends from school, came to say goodbye. I’ll call you before I board the plane.”
“Okay, bye baby. I love you.” He said.
“I love you too, bye.”

I let William in, “Thanks for coming by, I was just packing.” I said.
He sat on the couch, “Would you like some help? You don’t need to over exert yourself.” he said.
“You don’t have to unless you want to. I’m only taking mine and the baby’s clothes and stuff.” I turned and went into my bedroom to pack my stuff.
He followed, “Man, I remember this room. Lotta memories here.” he chuckled.
“How could you forget, you deflowered me in this room, on this bed.” I laughed, turning on the closet light.
“I must not have been that bad, you kept sleeping with me for another four years.” he picked up my suitcase and laid it on the bed.
“We didn’t break up because the sex was bad with you, we broke up because the sex was good with someone else.” I reminded him, laying a stack of clothes on the bed.
“Bygones, Michelle.” he replied, taking the clothes off the hangers and placing them in my suitcase.
“I know, I’m just saying. We had a lot of good times in here, we had a lot of good times together in general. If things hadn’t fallen apart, this could’ve been your baby.” I said.
“Well, it wasn’t meant to be. Your meant to be is waiting for you in California.” he replied.
“Yeah, and I can’t wait to get home. I’m going to miss Chicago, but you know I’ll be back to visit. Which reminds me, I have to tell you who stopped in for a visit last night.” I started packing baby clothes.
“Who?” he sat on the bed.
“My mom.” I replied, not looking up from the clothes I was folding.
“Your mom?! As in, Marie, the monster that tormented you throughout childhood?”
I nodded, “That’s the one. She asked for my forgiveness and wanted to make amends.” I said.
“And?” he asked.
“I said no. I told her I’d forgiven her a long time ago, but that I wasn’t making amends, because I didn’t want her to have any part in mine or my daughter’s life, and she left.” I said.
“Well good, you don’t need her. You’re doing better and it’s all on your own.” he said.
“Yeah, now that I’m grown and beyond fucked up, she wants to come back into my life and be grandma. Well fuck that.” I packed the last of my clothes into the suitcase and shut it.
“Want a ride to the airport? I can drive you.” He picked the suitcase up.
“No, I’ve got it.” I said, reaching for the suitcase.
He stepped back, “You’re still not carrying this by yourself, it’s heavy and you’re five months pregnant.” He said.
“Six, and I can handle it.” I crossed my arms.
“Nope, I’m not letting you. I’ll carry this AND I’m driving you to the airport.” He said, smiling.
I sighed, “Why do I choose stubborn men?” I turned around and picked up my phone, putting it in my pocket.
“Because a weak man couldn’t handle you.” he shrugged, opening the bedroom door.
I rolled my eyes, “You’re lucky I’m not your problem anymore.”
He laughed, “Yeah, because YOU were the problem in our relationship.”

He drove me to the airport and carried my suitcase in, putting it on a cart, while I went to the counter to buy my ticket.
“One way ticket to Los Angeles, please.” I said.
“Oh I’m sorry, we don’t allow pregnant woman to fly after sixteen weeks gestation. It’s a safety concern.” She said.
I sighed, “What if we pretend I’m sixteen weeks with a giant baby?”
She chuckled, “Unfortunately, I can’t allow you to fly.”
I turned around and walked over to William, “I can’t fly. They don’t let pregnant women fly after sixteen weeks. I’m 24 weeks. It’s a no go. I’m going to have to drive.” I sighed.
“I don’t think you need to drive that alone, that’s like a 30 hour drive.” he said.
“Well I don’t have a choice.” I shrugged.
“Yes you do, call him and have him fly out here, and you can drive back together.” he said.
“He’s in no condition to fly either, trust me.” I sighed.
“Then I’ll drive you. You’re not going alone, there’s no way in hell I’m letting that happen.” he crossed his arms authoritatively.
“He’d kill me if I showed up with you.”
“So call him and tell him what’s going on, explain that this is the only way you’re getting home.” he said.
I glared at him and took my phone out of my purse, dialing Chester’s number.
“Hey babe, you boarding?” he asked.
“No. They won’t let me fly. They don’t allow pregnant women to fly after 16 weeks.” I sighed.
“Well shit. What are you going to do?” He asked.
“I’ll have to drive it.” I shrugged.
“Not alone. Where’s your dad?” he asked.
“Vienna, Austria until next week.” I answered.
“Fine, then I’m flying out and I’ll drive you back. You’re not doing it alone. You’re pregnant and I’ve already almost lost you once.” he said sternly.
“You cannot fly, they won’t even let you on the plane in your condition, and that is a four and a half hour flight that you won’t be able to use.” I said.
“Fuck that, I’m quitting anyway, I want my girlfriend back, and my daughter. I’m willing to do whatever it takes.” he said.
I sighed, “If you’re so determined, I’ll wait at the airport for you. But do NOT try and bring any of that on the plane, they’ll have you arrested.” I said.
“I won’t, I’m not stupid, Michelle.” he said.
“Then I’ll be here waiting for you. I love you.” I said.
“I love you too, baby. I’ll see you in a few hours, and then we’re going to spend the next day and a half together, alone. Lots of time to catch up.” He said.
“Good, I’ve missed you.” I replied.
“I’ve missed you too, I’ll be there soon, sit tight.”
I put my phone back in my purse, “Upon his insistence, he’s flying in and driving me himself. He’ll be here in a few hours.” I said.
“Well, I’ll wait with you.” he said sitting next to me.

We sat on the terminal, talking for the next four hours until we heard, “FLIGHT 143 FROM LOS ANGELES ARRIVING AT GATE 2.”
“I’d better take off before he gets off the plane. I’m not up to a fight today, and you don’t need the frustration. Take care of yourself and your little girl, okay?” he hugged me.
“I will. I’ll let you know next time I’m in Chicago, we’ll get coffee.” I said.
“Okay great, take care Michelle.” He replied, walking away.

I walked over to the gate, waiting.
I saw him before he saw me, and I rushed over, throwing my arms around his neck and kissing him, “Hi baby!” I cried.
He hugged me back, “Oh my god look at you! You’re so beautiful, oh my little girl!” He kissed my stomach, hugging me.
“I’m so happy to see you.” I whispered, kissing him again.
“I’ve missed you so much.” he whispered.
“We’d better go rent a car and make a snack stop, we’ve got a LONG drive ahead of us.” I kissed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys, I was going to post this earlier but I’ve had a busy day today.
I hope this makes up for making you wait.
It’s a happy chapter so maybe you won’t hate me anymore lol.
Let me know what you guys think, and thanks for reading!
-Nikki