Sequel: Battle Symphony
Status: This story is complete! If you liked it, be sure and read the next installment! (Coming soon)

Breaking the Habit

New Life And New Lies

Three Months Later..

-Michelle-
I was standing in the backyard, watering the flowers in my garden, while Chester mowed the grass.
The morning was warm, the air just a little bit humid, with a breeze.
I reached down, tugging at my shirt again, trying desperately to keep it down over my enormous stomach.
“Babe, can you bring me that hose?” Chester called.
I walked over to him with the water hose in hand, “Hot?” I asked, holding it up to his mouth for him to drink.
“Extremely.” He sipped the cool water before splashing some on his face, neck and the top of his head.
“You don’t lack much to be finished.” I told him, looking around the yard.
“I know. Why don’t you get inside out of this heat? It can’t be good for you and the baby.” he said.
“I’m almost done watering, and I’ll go in. I don’t want my flowers to die.” I told him, turning to walk back across that yard.
“Nine months pregnant, and you’re still drop dead gorgeous.” he called behind me, making me smile.
“Yeah, because being a damn planet is sexy.” I retorted, shaking my head.

My due date was in three days, and we were anxious.
Of course the whole baby daddy situation was nerve-wracking, but on top of that, we were beginning to wonder if she was going to make her due date, or if I was going to be pregnant forever.
It had been smooth sailing the entire pregnancy this time around, and for that I think we were all thankful, now we just couldn’t wait to meet her, although apparently, she was in no hurry to meet us.
I rested a hand on my belly, drumming my fingers, “Little angel, when are you going to come out?” I asked sweetly.
In response I got a kick, and she stretched, as if I’d awakened her from her sleep.
I could feel the sweat starting to bead on the back of my neck, and I ran the water over my hand, splashing it on the back of my neck and face.
Again, baby girl kicked.
I smiled, “We’re just waiting so patiently for you, dear. You can’t stay in there forever, you know.” I patted my belly.
Behind me, I heard the mower stop.
“Sweet little girl.” I drummed my fingers on my belly again.
Again she shifted, but this time I felt a pain in my lower abdomen.
I dropped the water hose in the grass, and yelped.
The pain subsided and I picked it back up, going back to my watering.
But again, there was pain, and I felt something warm running down my legs.
I couldn’t look down, so I reached down, and touched my leg.
It was wet, and immediately, I knew what was going on.
“Chester!” I called, turning around.
“Yeah?” he was laying on the ground untangling a weed from the mower blades.
“My water just broke!” I called.
He rolled over quickly, and looked at me, “Are you sure?” he asked.
I took a step and felt a rush of liquid run down my legs, “I’m sure.” I nodded, holding my stomach.
He got to his feet and sprinted over to me, “Come on, I’ll get the car seat, hospital bag and the diaper bag, you just grab your purse.” He put his arm around my shoulders and guided me into the house.
“Have you started having contractions yet?” he asked, throwing a towel under my feet.
“Not really. I had a couple of small pains right before my water broke, but nothing since then.” I told him.
“If they start, let me know, okay? I’m going to get the bags.” he left me standing against the doorway in the kitchen, soaking the towel and the floor.
I felt the baby moving, and put my hand on my stomach, “Okay sweet girl, we’re going to the hospital, just hold on.” I told her.
Chester came back up the hall with my hospital bag, the baby’s diaper bag and the car seat, “Let’s go baby.” he nodded me ahead.
I grabbed the car keys, shut and locked the back door, and followed him out, shutting and locking the front door behind me.

I waddled down the sidewalk, pulling my phone out of my back pocket.
“I’m calling Kayla.” I told Chester.
“I’ll call Chauntelle, get in.” He shut the trunk, and went around to secure the car seat to the base in the back seat.
I threw a new towel down on the seat and got in the car, as I dialed.
Chester started the car, threw it in reverse and skidded out of the driveway.
“Babe, calm down, I’m not even having contractions yet, and the hospital is like ten minutes away, we have time.” I told him.
The line rang a few times, “Hello?” Kayla asked.
“KK, it’s Michelle.” I said.
“Hey girl, what’s up?” she asked.
“My water broke, I’m in labor and we’re heading to the hospital.” I told her.
“Hold on, what?!” She asked.
“My water broke, Kayla. I am in labor.” I repeated.
“Oh my god, MIKE!” She cried.
“Meet us at the hospital, okay? I gotta go.” I told her.
“Okay hon, we’ll meet you there, bye.” She hung up.

“Hey Chaun, it’s Chester.”
I felt the baby shifting, and an intense pain ripped through the lower half of my body.
I cried out, both hands on my stomach.
“Yes, she’s in labor. She just had her first contraction.” he said, focusing on the road.
The pain lasted a minute, then subsided, and I relaxed again.
“Yeah, we’ll see you there, bye.” he dropped his phone in his lap, “Are you okay Mickey?” he asked, reaching over to squeeze my hand.
“I’m fine sweetheart.” I assured him, breathing heavily.
“Chauntelle and Derek are going to meet us at the hospital. She’s calling your dad.” He told me.
“Mike and Kayla will meet us there too.” I replied.

We arrived at the hospital, and he helped me into a wheelchair, wheeling me into the maternity ward.
“My wife is in labor.” he told the nurse.
“Okay, I’ll take her back.” she replied.
“Babe, I’m going to go park the car, I’ll be back in a minute, okay?” He kissed me.
“Go ahead love. I think it’s still going to be awhile before she comes anyway.” I replied, just as another contraction started.
I groaned, and squeezed his hand in mine.
“She’s going to be fine, sweetie.” the nurse told him, smiling.
Again, the pain subsided, and I looked up at him, “She’s right, go on. I’ll see you in the delivery room.” I told him.

The nurse turned me around and wheeled me back to the delivery room, helping me change into a gown and starting an I.V in my arm.
“So, are you going to want the epidural?” she asked, propping my feet up in the stirrups.
“No, I can do it, thank you.” I replied.
“Okay. Dr. Burns is on his way right now. Hang tight sweetheart.” she smiled.
Chester rushed in, “Are you okay?” he asked.
“We’re fine baby. The doctor is on his way.” I told him.
Just then, the door opened and a man with gray hair walked in, “Good morning everyone, my name is Dr. Terry Burns, I am the obstetrician on staff today, and I’ll be ensuring that you have a smooth delivery and a healthy baby.” He shook both of our hands, then retreated to the end of the bed, where he scooted a rolling stool, up and flipped on a light.
“So, what are your names?” he asked, casually flipping my gown up.
“Chester and Michelle Bennington, sir.” I replied.
“Nice to meet you both, looks like you’re dilated to a two, and only 10% effaced, so you still have a ways to go, is there anything I can do to make you comfortable?” he asked, switching the light off.
“No thank you, I’m fine.” I replied.
“Alright sweetheart, well I’ll be in and out checking on your progress, and when it’s go time, we’ll have ourselves a baby. Do you know the gender?” he asked, putting his hands in his pockets.
“It’s a girl.” I smiled.
“Girls are wonderful, I have three of them myself. Carlie, Kellie, and Chloe. The teenage years were rough, but now they’re all off to college, and I miss them every day.” He smiled.
I opened my mouth to reply, when another contraction hit, and I squeezed the bedrail until it passed.
I sighed and looked back up, “I’m the youngest of six, I have two sisters and three brothers.” I said.
“I’m the middle child of three. Older brother, little sister.” Chester added.
“Well, sounds like you both have quite the support system behind you.” He said.
“Well, my three oldest siblings and I haven’t been on speaking terms for about two years now, and my mom hasn’t been in my life since I was a kid. But my dad and my brother and sister are very supportive.” I said.
“Well, that’s what really matters.” Dr. Burns smiled.
“I haven’t talked to my family since my mother passed away three years ago. My dad doesn’t even know that I’m married, let alone having a baby.” Chester said.
“Maybe.” I reminded him.
He nodded, “Right, maybe.”
Dr. Burns cocked his head to the side, “Maybe?”
I was breathing through another contraction, that lasted longer than the last, “Well, we had a hiccup earlier in our relationship, and I was with someone else for a little while. So, we’re not entirely sure of the paternity of the baby.” I fibbed a little.
“Well, these things happen. Has the other gentleman been notified?” he asked.
Just then the door opened, and Mike walked in, “Hey sweetheart, how are we doing?” he asked.
“I’m doing fine. Mike, this is Dr. Burns. Dr. Burns, this is Mike, the gentleman we were just speaking of.” I said.
Mike shook his hand, “Nice to meet you sir, where are we at?” he asked.
“Well, about ten minutes ago when I checked, she wasn’t very far along, but we’ll give her another forty five minutes or so, and we’ll check again.” he said.
“Great.” Mike nodded.
“So, if you’d like, we can perform a blood paternity test as soon as the baby is born.” Dr. Burns said.
“Yes please, we’d really like to know.” I smiled.
“Certainly. While you’re waiting, the three of you can fill out the necessary paperwork.” He nods, and leaves the room.

A contraction came, and I laid back against the pillow, gritting my teeth and squeezing Chester’s hand.
“I know it hurts baby, I’m here.” he petted my hair, kissing my forehead softly.
“It’s all worth it. I just want her here.” I replied, breathing heavily.
“She will be, soon.” Mike said, putting his hand on my shoulder.
“Moment of truth will be here before we know it.” I sighed, looking down at my stomach.
“And no matter what happens, we will all love her very much.” Chester said.
“Are you sure? Now that it’s really happening, are you both really sure about that?” I asked.
“Yes baby, we’re more than sure. It really doesn’t matter who’s baby she is, we’re all going to love her just the same, as if none of that had ever happened. Michelle, we don’t have to find out if you don’t want to, it’s not a big deal.” Mike kissed my cheek.
“I want to know. You both deserve to know.” I said.
“It’s not going to change how much we both already love this baby girl.” Chester said.
The contractions got closer together, and more intense after that, and a little while later, Dr. Burns returned.
“Let’s have a look at what we’re working with, here.” he scooted to the bed again, flipping his light back on.
“Alright, well you’are dilated to a six now, and about 60% effaced, so we’re moving along great, but we still have a little ways to go.” he flipped the light off and scooted back.
“How much longer?” Chester asked.
He shrugged, “That all depends on Michelle, and how quickly her body progesses the labor. At the rate she’s going, I’d guess another hour or two, and she’ll be ready to push, but I can’t give you a for sure answer.” he said.
I sighed, and another contraction started.
“Well, it does seem like they’re getting closer together and lasting longer, so that just means that she’s progressing at a fast rate, and the baby should be here around my guessed time.” he sat down and looked again, while I was still breathing through the long and intense pain.
“Oh wow.” Dr. Burns said.
“What??” Mike and Chester asked at the same time.
“Well, as of right now, she’s dilated to an eight, and 80% effaced. Another couple of contractions like that, and we’ll be ready to have a baby girl.” he said.
“Wow, that was fast.” Mike said.
“Well, it appears your daughter is ready to get out.” Dr. Burns said.
“Well darling, I wanted you out, but I wasn’t rushing you.” I rubbed my stomach.
“She’s impatient and stubborn, neither of which are attributes that run in my family.” Mike gave Chester a look.
“We’ll see.” Chester laughed.
“We’d better get prepared, because at this rate, go time will be soon, and we need to be ready for her.” Dr. Burns stood up and tossed his gloves in the trash.
I looked at both the boys, “Are we ready to have a baby?” I asked.
They looked at each other and smiled, “We’re ready. We’ll both be by your side.” Mike said.
“Okay Denise, I’ll need the scale, blankets, a cap and a diaper on hand.” The doctor was telling the nurse.
Another contraction started, a harsh one.
I was holding both their hands at the time, and I squeezed hard.
“Ow, ow, ow, ow, fuck!” I cried, falling back againt the pillow.
“Dr. Burns, Denise, please excuse my language.” I apologized, breathing heavily.
“Not to worry dear, we hear it all in this delivery room. We’re not easily offended.” Denise smiled.
“That’s a relief.” I sighed.
“Let’s have a look, shall we?” Dr. Burns sat back down.
“Well, just as I suspected. Dilated to a ten, and 100% effaced. We are ready to have a baby.” He grabbed a mask, putting it on his face and nodded to Denise.
“Okay Michelle, the contractions are going to be a constant repetitive from here on out, they’re going to be extremely painful, but with each one, we’re going to have you push. From what I can see, the baby is already in the birth canal, so the good news is, this shouldn’t take long, but it is probably going to hurt.” he said.
I took a deep breath, looked at both boys and sighed, “I’m ready. Let’s do this.” I nodded.
Dr. Burns smiled, “Alright, here we go.” he flipped the light on, and scooted up close.
“Okay baby, squeeze as hard as you have to, you’re not going to hurt us.” Chester said.
“It’s going to be okay, Michelle.” Mike kissed my hair.
“Here comes another contraction Michelle. One, two, three, push.” he told me.
I took a deep breath and pushed as hard as I possibly could, despite it hurting more than anything I’ve ever felt in my life.
“Relax a minute.” Dr. Burns told me.
I laid back against the pillow, “Damn it.”
“And again.” Dr. Burns said.
Squeezing the boys hands, I bore down and pushed again.
“Keep going, keep going, I can see the head.” Dr. Burns called.
“Okay, take a breather, and here we go again, one, two, three, push.”
I pushed, and the pain multiplied by a thousand.
“OH MY GOD!” I cried.
“Boy does that sound familiar.” Chester chuckled.
I whipped my head around, “SHUT THE FUCK UP.” I snapped.
“Sorry honey.” he looked down.
“Michelle, we are up to the shoulders, so give me another good push.” the doctor said, looking up.
“You’re doing amazing, Michelle.” Mike smiled at me.
“It’s almost over sweetheart.” Chester said.
“Ready? Push.”
I squeezed their hands and pushed.
“Keep going, here she comes.” Dr. Burns called excitedly.
“Oh my god, I see her.” Chester said.
“Here she is guys, your baby girl!” he held up the baby, while Denise suctioned out he rmouth and nose, then she began to cry.
Dr. Burns laid her on my chest, as I sobbed tears of joy, “Hi baby girl.” I kissed her head.
“You did great Michelle, she’s beautiful.” Dr. Burns took off his gloves.
The baby looked up at me, and I smiled, “Hello sweet baby.” I said.
“What’s her name?” Denise asked.
I looked back down at the baby, “We’ll just call her baby girl, for now.” I looked at her.
The nurse nodded and took the baby to be weighed, measured and cleaned.
Chester leaned down and kissed me, “You did sob good babe, she’s perfect.” He said.
I sniffled and looked at Mike, “And now we wait.”

They took blood samples from all three of them, and sent them off.
I was moved into a room, and the baby was brought to me.
She was dressed in a diaper and a pink hat with a bow, swaddled in a receiving blanket.
“Hello my precious little girl.” I cuddled her against my cheek.
She grunted and began to fuss.
Mike and Chester were on both sides of me.
“Maybe she’s hungry.” Chester said.
“You can try nursing her if you like.” Denise smiled, walking out of the room.
I unbuttoned my gown, put her against my chest.
She latched on, suckling hungrily.
I chuckled, “Pretty girl.”
“She is very pretty.” Mike smiled.
“She squishy.” Chester commented.
“She’s brand new.” Mike laughed.
I smiled back down at her, falling asleep, “So, do you guys think she looks more like a Brynlee or a Zaeda?” I asked.
“Hard to tell.” Chester said.
“I just think she’s perfect.” Mike said.

There was a knock on the door.
“Come on in.” Chester called, after I rebuttoned my gown.
Kayla, holding Milo walked in, followed by Chauntelle, Chris, Joe, Brad, Rob and Dave.
“Oh my god she’s gorgeous.” Kayla smiled.
“Thank you.” I replied.
“What’s her name?” Chris asked, hugging me.
“She doesn’t have one yet. We’re waiting on the results of the paternity test, and then we’re going to name her.” I said.
“Right now, she’s just baby girl.” Chester said.
“Oh she’s so sweet.” Chauntelle whispered.
“Would you like to hold her?” I asked.
“Of course!” She grinned.
“She weighed six pounds, 8 ounces and was 17 inches long.” Mike said.
“Well you are just precious. Hi sweet girl, I’m your Aunt Chaun.” She whispered.
“Don’t hog her, Chaun. I want a turn.” Chris said.
“Oh pipe down, I just got her.” Chauntelle said.
“So when will you know?” Kayla asked, sitting on the end of the bed.
Milo crawled into my lap, hugging me.
I put my arms around him, and squeezed him, “A few hours, they said.” I kissed Milo’s hair.
“I’m worn out, Mi.” I told him.
He smiled up at me and wiggled next to me on the pillow.
He pulled my head toward him, laying it on his chest and patted my hair.
“Aww sweet boy. Are you gonna let Aunt Mickey take a nap on you?” I asked.
He smiled and nodded.
Movement caught his eye, and he looked up, spotting the baby moving about in Chauntelles arms.
“Baba.” He pointed.
“Yeah buddy, that’s a baby.” Mike told him.
“That’s MY baby.” I added.
He looked curiously at me, then to the baby, who started to cry.
Chauntelle handed her back to me, and Milo’s curious eyes followed.
I put a pacifier in her mouth and bounced her gently, humming.
Milo watched closely, as I changed her diaper, and dressed her in a yellow onesie complete with matching bow and socks, reswaddling her.
She fell fast asleep, and I put her up on my shoulder.

Someone knocked softly on the door.
“Come in.” I called.
Dr. Burns came in, followed by Denise.
“We got the results back. Would you like to read them?” He asked, holding up the envelope.
I looked between Mike and Chester, then back at the doctor, “Sure.”
I handed the baby to Mike, and opened the envelope with shaking hands.
As I slid the paper out, I closed my eyes.
I took a deep breath, opened them, and read.
My eyes filled with tears as they read the paper, and I put my hand over my mouth.
“Baby, what is it?” Chester asked.
I put the paper down and wiped my eyes, then I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him, “She’s yours babe. The baby is yours.” I whispered, crying.
He gasped, and hugged me back both of us sobbing joyfully.
“Oh my god.” He whispered, holding me tight.
I kissed him, “I love you, baby.” I whispered.
“I love you too, Michelle.” He replied.
Mike wrapped his arms around both of us, “I love you both, and I am so incredibly happy for you.” He said.
“That means her name is Brynlee Faith Bennington.” Kayla smiled, joining the hug.
“I’ll get the paperwork for the birth certificate.” Dr. Burns smiled.
“Thank you.” I smiled back.
“Of course, and congratulations.” He and Denise left the room.

Chris, who’d been holding the baby, handed her to me.
Chester and I looked at each other and down at the baby, “Hello sweet Brynlee.” He whispered, smoothing her hair down.
I sniffled, “Our baby girl.”
She slept soundly.
“I’m so glad she’s finally here.” He said.
“You and me both.” I sighed.
“We’ll leave you two alone with your little angel, and we'll come visit again later on.” Chauntelle hugged us both.
“Just call me. Or him. We both have our phones on us.” I glanced over.

Soon after, everyone departed and we were alone‍.
Dr. Burns returned with a stack of paperwork.
“Well, as is customary with a new baby, there’s lots of paperwork. Just fill it out, and I’ll be back by to get it in a bit.” He smiled and left the room.
“I can’t believe it. I’ve spent the last nine months mentally preparing myself for her to be his, but she’s mine. I can’t believe I made that.” He ran his fingers across Brynlee’s soft hair.
“You did. We did.” I laid my head on his shoulder.
Brynlee stirred and sneezed.
“Bless you sweetheart.” I used a tissue to wipe her nose.
She fussed and started to wake up.
“I’ll bet she’s hungry again.” I said, smoothing her shirt.
She opened one eye and peered up at me, still whining and fussing.
“Okay princess, I hear you.” I handed her to him and unbuttoned my gown.
I took her back and cradled her against my chest.
She quieted down and started to eat.

While she ate, I helped Chester fill out paperwork, and when she was done, she started fussing again.
I laid her on my legs and changed her diaper, while she looked around the room curiously.
“I wonder if her eyes will be blue like yours or brown like mine.” Chester asked.
“I don’t know, we’ll have to wait and see.” I said.
“How long does it take?” He asked.
“Like six months or something?” I shrugged.
“She’s so little.” He smiled at her.
“I know.” I replied.
Brynlee grunted and fussed.
“What is the matter with you now, kid?” I asked.
She started crying again, and I picked her up, putting her on my shoulder
She stopped crying.
“What’s she doing?” I asked.
Chester peered at her, “She’s just looking around with her thumb in her mouth.” He smiled.
“Hi baby.” He kissed her forehead.
I patted her back, bouncing her slowly, “Brynlee Boo.” I sang.
She started to wiggle, and I chuckled, “She’s dancing.” I kissed the back of her head.
“After everything we’ve been through, and the last nine months of not knowing, she’s here. OUR daughter is here, and she’s healthy.” he tickled Brynlee’s foot.
She pulled it away, and grunted.
“Don’t make her mad, I’m trying to get her to sleep.” I smiled.
“Sorry Brynn.” he told her, turning back to the paperwork.
I continued bouncing her for a few minutes, until someone knocked on the door.
“Come on in.” I called, laying Brynlee on my legs.
The door opened slowly, and three people I didn’t recognize walked in.
“Hello.” I smiled politely.
“My goodness, look at you.” the man was older, and looked very familiar.
Chester looked up, and his eyes grew, “Dad? Peter? Christy?” he asked.
The younger man smiled, “It has been a very long time, little brother.”
He stood, hugging all three of them.
“Michelle, this is my dad, Charles, my brother Peter, and my sister Christy. Guys, this is my wife, Michelle, and our daughter, Brynlee.” he walked over and I handed him the baby.
He stood next to his dad, and I realized why he’d looked familiar before, Chester looked exactly like his dad, just a younger version.
“She is beautiful, son. Looks just like you did when you were born.” He reached out and touched her hand.
“Thank you. Hey, how’d you guys find me? It’s been so long now.” Chester asked.
“Well, Mike thought it would be nice to have us surprise you and your lovely lady here.” he smiled.
“I tried to tell him to call you guys a while ago, but we ran into several obstacles that preoccupied our attention.” I explained.
“It’s all right Michelle, you don’t have to explain anything to me, you’re both adults. We’re just glad to see Chester truly happy and doing better. Last time we saw him, we were afraid it would really be the last time we saw him. He was in rough shape.” Charles said.
“We’ve been through a hell of a lot to get ourselves here. It has not been an easy road by any means, but it has definitely been worth it.” I said.
“She’s so beautiful.” Christy said.
“She’s our whole world.” Chester said.
“So, not to pry or overstep, but did you suffer from the same affliction as my son?” Charles asked me.
I nodded, “I suffered from several afflictions, he and I just shared a couple. And getting through them has made us and our marriage stronger.” I replied.
“Maybe one day we can sit down and tell you all the whole messed up story, because believe me it is very messed up.” Chester laughed.
“I believe that, but it doesn’t matter now. All that matters is this sweet little baby.” He smiled down.
“She is perfect.” I said.
“Your mom would be so proud of you, son.” he had tears in his eyes.
“I know dad. I wish she could meet Brynlee.” He sniffled.
“She would’ve been smitten with her from the very first time she saw her.” Charles said.
“Where are your parents?” Christy walked over to me.
I crossed my legs, allowing her to sit on the end of the bed.
“Well, my dad is a musician, he travels a lot. Right now, he’s in Germany until Saturday, and my mom, well she hasn’t been in my life since I was thirteen years old. She was an awful person, and I’m better off without her.” I shrugged.
“Do you have siblings?” She asked.
I nodded, “Five. I’m the baby.” I replied.
“Oh wow. My parents had a hard time with the three of us.” Christy laughed.
“Yeah, it was definitely a challenge. My three oldest siblings and I haven’t been on speaking terms since I left Chicago and got addicted to just about everything you can get addicted to. They weren’t even at my wedding, nor did the come to visit during the short time when I moved back to my dad’s. They’ve just cut me out completely.” I shrugged.
“Well, you’ve got me, dad and Pete now, we’re your family now.” She smiled.
“I really appreciate that, Christy.” I hugged her.
The baby started to cry.
“I think someone’s hungry.” Charles handed me the baby.
“She probably is.” I grabbed a blanket, draping it over my shoulder.
Chester’s dad, brother and sister all turned around while I got the baby latched.
“Okay, you can turn back around now, I’m covered.” I said.
“So, this your first, Michelle?” Charles asked.
I looked at Chester, who looked down.
“Technically, no. She’s not our first.” I said.
“What? You have another child?” Peter asked.
“I got pregnant shortly after Chester and I met, with a little girl. We were going to call her Bailee Jade, but unfortunately, when I was six months pregnant, I had an accident, and I lost her. Two months later, I got pregnant with Brynlee.” I explained.
“Oh wow, that’s unfortunate, I’m sorry.” Charles said.
“We’ve moved past it, and we’re okay now. It was difficult, but we made it through, not without setbacks and obstacles of course, but we made it.” I smiled at Chester.
“Well, that’s good to hear. We always hoped he’d find someone that could handle him. He was in turmoil after Susan and I got divorced. We both managed to go to his first wedding, and that poor girl didn’t know what she was getting herself into.” Charles shook his head.
“She was never very patient, nor understanding with me. She was well-adjusted and normal, and I was the complete opposite.” Chester said.
“How long did that last?” Christy asked.
“About six months before we split up, and a year before we got divorced. I hit the shit even harder after that.” Chester admitted.
“And don’t think he got clean when he met me, because that wasn’t the way of it, at all.” I said.
“No?” Charles asked.
I looked down at the scars on my arms, “Not at all. At first, it was all fine. We’d have a little to drink now and then, and when I got pregnant, we stopped drinking, but he was still using without me knowing. It wasn’t until he overdosed and almost died did I find out about it. After that is when things started getting rough for us.” I said.
“She left and moved home, and for three months without her, I drank and used every day. Until she finally called me and I begged her to come home. Then I flew out to Chicago and drove her all the way back to LA.” Chester finished the story.
I looked down at Brynlee, sound asleep now.
“Things got worse from there. We got married and the day after the wedding he left for rehab and I..”
“Michelle, don’t.” Chester said.
I continued as if he hadn’t spoken, “I had an affair.”
Charles’ face changed and he looked at Chester, “How did you take that news?” He asked.
“Not well. But I will say that I coped without relapsing. After we got through that, we lost Bailee, and we separated for a few weeks. We lived separately, and she started dating someone else, but we both relapsed at the same time. We continued to sleep together and use together until her boyfriend found out, at which time she chose to end things and get back together with me. Shortly after, she found out she was pregnant with Brynlee.”
“Which was worrisome, because until a couple of hours ago, we weren’t even sure who Brynlee’s father was.” I added, wiping the baby’s mouth.
“You’re right, it has been quite a ride.” Christy said.
“But we’re here and we’re together. We’ve put the past behind us now.” Chester kissed my cheek.
“Well I suppose that is good.” Charles said, giving me a disapproving look.
“When did Mike even call you? We didn’t know if I was the baby’s father until today.” Chester asked.
“He called two days ago. Said that he thought you needed to see us. Didn’t say anything about a baby, though.” Charles said.
“Well this would’ve been a lot more awkward if it had turned out that he was the baby’s father.” I said.
“Wait, you dated Mike?” Christy asked.
I nodded, “He was the one I had an affair with first, and during that time he developed feelings for me. So when Chester and I separated, I started dating him, but the entire time, I was still sleeping with Chester and doing heroin with him behind Mike’s back. When he found out he was extremely upset and we broke up, so Chester and I picked up where we left off, went on our honeymoon to Italy and that’s where we found out I was pregnant again.” I explained.
“Wow, you two have been through a lot.” She replied.
“More than most couples, and it’s only been a little over a year since we met. I’ve told him a few times that if the rest of our lives are this eventful, we might not make it another decade. Jokingly, of course.” I said.
Brynlee grunted in her sleep, and I looked down.
“I’m just glad baby girl is here and safe, finally.” I sighed.
“She truly is beautiful, and we’re really happy for you.” Peter said.
“Thank you Peter. Like we said, we’ve come a long way to be here.” Chester said.
“Let’s hope everything settles down for you now.” Christy said.
“We’re really going to try.” Chester said.
“We sincerely hope that you two can make things work. I don’t think I’ve seen Chester this happy in ages.” Charles smiled.
“We should let them enjoy their newborn, dad.” Christy said.
“Oh nonsense, we’re all family here, you’re more than welcome to stay if you like.” I commented.
“We can come back and visit. We just got off a plane, and we’d really like to get to our hotel room and get a shower and some food, get settled in.” Charles smiled.
“Chester will take you, I was going to have him run home and grab a couple of things I managed to forget in the rush last night.” I said.
“Of course I’d love to. I haven’t seen you guys in so long, we can catch up.” Chester stood up.
“What about your wife and baby?” Peter asked.
“Peter, we will both be just fine. It has been too long since you three have seen him, I want you guys to catch up.” I insisted.
Chester leaned down and kissed me, “I’ll be back later, okay babe? Just call me if you need me.” he said.
“I’ll be fine. Just please stop by the house and grab my phone charger and some diapers, the hospital’s diapers are starting to give Bryn a rash.” I said.
“Sure thing babe. I love you.” he smiled as he followed his family out and closed the door.

-Chester-
“So, how have you guys been?” I mashed the button on the elevator.
“We’re getting along okay. How are YOU doing?” Dad asked.
“Dad, I told you, I’m good. Happier than I’ve ever been. She’s the love of my life.” I smiled.
“She’s beautiful son. Her and the baby. But she betrayed you, with someone you considered a very close friend, and you’re ready to just move on like it never even happened?” he asked, following me into the elevator.
“Dad, she made a mistake. She loves me, and I love her.” I replied.
“Love aside, betrayal is not the way you want to start a marriage, Chester.”
“Dad, she just had my child, are you suggesting I fucking leave her?” I asked.
“No, I’m asking why you didn’t leave her in the first place when it all happened.” he crossed his arms.
“I did, initally. But after cooling off and thinking about it, I realized that she was alone, and she was scared. I felt bad for her, because I had to leave her ot get help for a problem that I shouldn’t have still had. I felt like the one at fault in a roundabout way, and it felt wrong, misplaced to punish her for that. She sought comfort and protection from him. What perspired between the two of them wasn’t something they planned, it just happened, and Michelle did feel guilty about it, but she craved the safety and concern he showed for her, so she continued to do it.” I explained.

Dad looked at Christy and Pete, then back at me, “Chester, I only wish you could hear how ridiculous you sound right now. If she felt so bad about it, and regretted it, why was it not enough to make her stop? Why did she run right into his arms when things went south? Why did she go right back to him after she dumped you? She’s not a good person son, and not one that I want in this family. You have to do what’s best for you and for that baby girl.” he said.

“Dad, even if I did leave her, she’s still the mother of my damn child, and she’d have to be in my life AND this family. There’s no taking that back now. And in case you missed the memo, I fucking love her.” I snapped.

“Well all she’s going to do is continue to fucking hurt you. I want the best for you son, and she is not it. We’ll be at the hotel six, just call your sister. See you.”
Without another word, he got in the taxi and closed the door.
Christy wrote her number on a piece of paper and handed it to me, hugging me before she and Peter got in the car and were gone.

I sighed and put my sunglasses on, walking to my car.
I peeled out of the parking lot, and hit the highway, cursing my dad under my breath.
I remember now, why I hadn’t spoken to him in so long, he was a judgemental asshole, who liked to meddle in my life too much.
I decided to tell Michelle that they’d had to leave town early, just so she wouldn’t have to be subjected to his suspicions or abuse like I had been for too long.

I unlocked the front door, and headed down the hall to the bedroom.
I leaned down and grabbed her phone charger, then turned to grab a box of newborn diapers off the dresser.
I put them in the car and went back in to use the bathroom.

I heard a car door, and a voice, “Hello?”
I opened the bathroom door, “Chauntelle?” I asked.
“Hey, I saw the car and though maybe you guys were already home.” She said.
I shook my head, “No, just me. I had to stop by and get some diapers and Michelle’s phone charger. I’m headed back to the hospital.” I turned off the bathroom light.
“Oh, how’s Michelle and the baby?” she asked, tucking her hair behind her ear.
“They’re fine. We’re just getting used to the baby.” I went into the kitchen and got a bottle of water out of the fridge.
She followed, sitting at the table.
“Are you okay?” she asked.
I nodded, “I’m good. Just uh, a lot to think about.” I replied, downing the water.
“Need to talk to someone?” she asked.
I looked up, smiling, “I guess it couldn’t hurt to vent to somebody.” I said.

We migrated to the living room, sitting on the couch.
“What’s eating you, Gilbert Grape?” she teased.
“Mike thought it would be a nice surprise to invite my dad, brother and sister to visit, because it’s been a long time since I saw them, and because of Brynlee. What he didn’t realize, is there’s a good damn reason I haven’t talked to him in so long.” I started.
“Why is that?” Chauntelle asked.
“Because, he wants to butt into my business and tell me how to live my life, and who I should be with, and I don’t need that from him. Or anyone.” I said.
“You and my sister are so alike, it’s scary. That sounds just like the disagreement she had with our dad when you two first started dating. Listen Chester, your dad can give you advise as to who he thinks you should be with, but at the end of the day, you’re going to make your own choices and do what makes you happy. If my sister makes you happy, then there’s nothing he can do about it, and he’ll have to accept that and move on.” She put an arm around my shoulders, smiling.
“I don’t think my dad can accept that. He’s made up his mind about your sister, and believe me when I say, there is not changing it.” I sighed.
“Look, in his defense, I can’t really say that I blame him. I mean yes, Micky is my baby sister, and I love her, but what she did and has been doing to you, is wrong and fucked up on so many levels. You went to that hospital today not knowing if you were going to be a daddy or not, all because she can’t keep her god damned legs closed. I wouldn’t want my son with someone like that, but if he chose her anyway, I’d have to accept it and move on. Besides, she’s your baby mama now. Can’t get rid of her that easily.” She laughed.
I looked up, smiling, and my eyes met hers.
In that moment, something happened.
Something strange.
One second later, I leaned in and I kissed Chauntelle.
She kissed back, wrapping her arms around my shoulders.
I pulled her shirt over her head, “You can NEVER tell your sister.” I whispered, kissing her again.
“Why not? She’s had her fun.” she smiled, unzipping my jacket.
“Because, in my mind, this is revenge, but she can never know about it. This is for me. Getting even.” I tugged her shorts off, pinning her down on the couch.
“I’ll do whatever you ask, as long as I get to see what all the fuss is about.” She smirked, going for my belt.
“Oh baby, you’re going to do more than see it.” I kicked my pants off, and slipped my boxers down.
She looked down, a huge smile stretching across her face, “God damn, she wasn’t lying.” she pulled me bak into a kiss, locking her ankles around my hips.
I slammed into her, both of us moaning loudly.
“Oh fuck!” She whined, biting her lip.
“That’s right baby, the rumors are true.” I kissed her neck, nibbling on it gently.
“She doesn’t deserve you.” she whispered, digging her fingertips into my back.
“Shh, just take it.” I thrust against her harder, making her legs jerk and a loud cry of ecstasy escape her lips.
“I’m gonna fucking cum, Chester.” she whined.
I kissed her, gently squeezing her neck with my hand, “Cum for me.” I breathed.
Her body shivered and she moaned at the top of her lungs, “Yes Chester, fuck me!” She begged, staring up at me.
“Take it baby, take it all.” I smiled against her lips.
She shivered again, and I felt her muscles tense up.
It felt good, and in turn, set me off.
“Fuck baby, I’m gonna cum.” I breathed in a quivering breath.
“Cum inside me baby, fuck that bitch.” she whispered, caressing my face.
I moaned again, and before I could think too much about it, I came, releasing deep inside of her.
“Fuck Chauntelle!” I cried, gripping the couch cushion in my fists.
“Yes baby, yes!” She kept digging her fingertips deeper in my my biceps.
I slowed to a stop, panting.
“So,” I kissed her again, “Worth all the hype?”
She smiled against my lips, “And then some. God you’re so fucking amazing. She’s fucking stupid for ever wanting to fuck someone else when she had this in the bag.” She replied.
“Oh I’m not finished yet. Turn over.” I whispered, smiling.
I stood up, and she turned around, bending over the couch, wiggling her ass, inviting me in.
I took the invitation and slammed back into her pussy, so hard that her knees buckled and she screamed.
“Easy baby girl, I haven’t een started yet.” I whispered, brushing her hair out of her face.
She shuddered, “God, you’re going to make me fall in love with you too.” she breathed.
“If Michelle can do this shit and get by with it, why can’t I?” I slammed into her again, not wasting a moment pounding her.
“We don’t have to keep this a secret, you know.” She bit her lip, then moaned.
“For now we do, love. Just until the time is right.” I ran my fingers down her spine, causing her to get goosebumps.
She moaned, “Fuck me harder baby.”
I licked my fingers and reached down, rubbing her clit while I fucked her harder.
She writhed under me, and screamed loudly.
I felt her cumming again, so I moved her hair off her neck and nibbled on it, “You know, you look just like your sister, only you’re a way better person than she is.”
She chuckled, “Oh contraire. I wouldn’t be fucking her husband if I wasn’t anything like her. But revenge is a dish best served cold, so when in Rome.” she replied.
I pulled her hair, “Well, let’s just see how much like your sister you REALLY are.” I whispered.
I slid out of her pussy and immediately slammed into her asshole, “She LOVES having her tight little ass fucked and filled with cum.” I whispered.
Chauntelle came almost instantly, throwing her head back, “Oh god!!” she cried.
“Yeah baby, you Kennedy girls just love being fucked like little sluts. You must get that from your mother, don’t you?” I whispered.
She smiled, “Would the woman have had six children if she didn’t love to be fucked?”
“Hmm, that’s true.” I slipped two fingers into her pussy and began finger fucking her hard and fast, making her quake and whimper as she came.
“Thatta girl baby, take this cock.” I slammed her harder, tossing my head back.
I groaned loudly before shooting my load deep in her ass, my fingers squeezing so tightly that my nails tore the skin.
She shivered once more, and went limp, falling face first onto the couch.
“You know, another thing I have in common with her is, I love sucking cock.” She panted, turning around.
Peering up at me through her eyelashes, she sank to her knees, taking the entirety of my cock in her mouth, she sucked it hard, head bobbing quickly.
I grabbed her hair, “That very well may be all your sister is good for, sucking cock and fucking.” I smiled.
She gagged, and smiled.
“But not you, right baby? You’re a good person. Better than her, anyway.” I whispered, stroking her hair.
She nibbled on the head a little, smiling up at me, “I like to think so, anyway.” she whispered, shoving it back in her mouth again.
I bit my lip, feeling my orgasm building.
“Tell me Chauntelle, do you spit, or swallow?” I asked.
She looked back up, “You’ll find out, won’t you?”
At the same time, I came, and she sucked even harder, slurping every drop until I was done.
I pulled her to her feet, and kissed her, “God I love the Kennedy’s.”

After our tryst, we got redressed and made out for a little while, before I realized how long I’d been gone.
“I gotta go back to the hospital, she’s going to be looking for me.” I whispered.
“We keep this between us, just for now.” She kissed me.
“Just for now, baby.” I whispered, smiling.

I drove back to the hospital, guilt setting in as soon as I left the house.
At the same time, I felt satisfied with mysef for getting back at Michelle, but I realized that it made me just as bad of a person as her, because though I thoroughly enjoyed fucking her sister, it was meaningless revenge sex, not to be confused with love or anything of the like.
Just like her fucking Mike was for her own peace of mind, for safety.
I tried not to think too much about it, but being me, I did anyway, and found myself upset.
I stood in the hallway outside Michelle’s hospital room for half an hour before I had the guts to go inside and face her.

When the door opened, she brightened up, “Hi baby, have a nice visit with your family?” She asked, bouncing the baby.
As soon as I saw my daughter, I lost all of my nerve and forced a smile, “Yeah, it was good catching up with them.” I lied.
“Good, you needed to.” She smiled.
I leaned down and kissed the baby’s soft hair, “Hi beautiful.” I whispered.
She looked up at me.
“She just finished eating, do you want to hold her?” Michelle asked.
I looked up, noticing that our faces were merely inches apart.
I kissed Michelle, “I just want you to know, I love you so much.” I whispered.
“I love you too, Chester.” She smiled, kissing back.
In a second, the guilt took over and I felt tears on my eyelids.
I sat on the foot of the bed, “Which is why this isn’t easy to say.”
Her face changed instantly, and I felt even worse.
I sighed, “Babe, I fucked up. I did something terrible, and I wanted to keep it hidden, but I can’t do it.” I said.
“What did you do?” she laid the baby on her legs, looking down.
I opened my mouth to confess, when the door opened.
“Hey sis.” Chauntelle was grinning as she hugged her sister.
“Hi Chaun. Chester, what were you going to say?” Michelle asked.
Chauntelle’s head whipped around and she gave me a look.
I sighed, “I drank. While I was at home, I was thinking about the new baby and everything else, and I guess I freaked myself out, because before I knew it, I’d taken three shots of whiskey.” I sighed.
She gave me a look of sympathy, “Oh baby, it’s okay. We can get through this like we did everything else. Everyone falls off the wagon sometimes.” She reached out and touched my face, smiling.
I smiled back, momentarily remembering why I’d fallen in love with her in the first place.
“Thanks for being so supportive baby. You’re the best.” I felt confident in my lie, and I kissed her again.
I glanced over to see Chauntelle giving us a look of envy and lust.
“I’m your wife, sickness and health, rich or poor, remember?” Michelle’s warm hand on my neck, paired with the look of love and gratitude on her face made me feel bad again, but I knew that there would be a time and a place for that confession, so I just smiled again.
“That’s why I love you.” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cluster update! Sorry to do this all at once, guys! Hope you're liking it! <3
-Nikki.