Play with Fire.

Can't help myself got secrets I cant tell

“You need to get the fuck out of town.” Marco states as he barges into my apartment. “There is no way in hell I’m letting you marry Baby Face.”

“So according to you, my only other option is leaving town.” I roll my eyes. “That’s not happening big brother. I’m not the type of person to run away with my tail between my legs.”

“Bad things happen to Gambino women. The women any Gambino man marries is cursed. They die horrible deaths.” My brother sighs, running fingers through his hair. “You know how Franco’s mom died, don’t you?”

“Car bombing.” I reply. “The bomb was meant for Franco’s dad. It was a tragedy that she died instead. But that doesn’t mean she was cursed.”

“Do you know how Franco’s grandmother died? His Aunt? Or the woman his cousin married? They all died horrible deaths, Stacey. I don’t want that to happen to you.”

“And it won’t.” I assure my brother. “The guards dad is placing to guard me won’t let that happen. They know better than to go against a Jamison.”

“I know you’re going to the plantation today. Please stay there.” My brother begs. “Don’t come back to San Fran. Get far away from Baby Face as you can.”

“Marco, I’ve got to do this.” I sigh. “My life isn’t the only life on the line. Dad needs me to marry Franco in order to unite our families. We need our families united in order to take down The Triad. Once those bastards are out of the picture, Baby Face will be out of my life. Don’t worry.”

“I don’t want to see you get hurt, baby sis.” Marco sighs, running his fingers through his hair. “I’ll kill whoever I have to if you ever get hurt.”

“Scary thing is, I know you’re not joking.” I let out a chuckle before going up and wrapping my arms around my brother’s torso. “I’ll be fine. You taught me everything I need to know about protecting myself. Besides, I deal with scarier shit on the daily than Franco Gambino.”

**

I head to the airport that’s currently the home of my dad’s private jet. I notice a few suvs on the runway and when I get closer, I notice a very familiar face leaning up against the jet. I grab my bags and get out of the Hummer causing the man in front of me to remove his dark Ray Bans and a smirk appears on his lips.

“Heading to Colombia so soon?” He asks.

“Don’t you have bigger fish to fry Special Agent Thomas?” I question the man in front of me. “Like The Triad perhaps?”

“Never heard of them.” He states. “If they aren’t on my radar, I don’t care about them. But your family is always on my radar; especially when you guys are smuggling drugs and doing dealings with the Gambino family.”

“I’m going to Colombia to oversee our next shipment of coffee beans from our plantation.” I inform the DEA agent. “And the Jamison family doesn’t deal with the Gambino family or have you forgotten?”

“Then why were you seen talking to Baby Face Gambino several different times these last couple weeks?”

“You really need to stop stalking me, Agent.” I chuckle as I close the space between us. “There are easier ways to keep tabs on me. Or do you not have my cell phone number anymore?”

“Why were you talking with Gambino?” He growls, his eyes darkening which tells me he’s not in the gaming mood.

“Look into The Triad then we can talk.” I inform him. “Now I’ve got a flight to catch. So please search my plane and my person for any drugs. I can promise you, you’ll never find any. If you aren’t going to search me, call off your dogs and leave.”

He makes a hand gesture signalling his boys to board the plane in search for something he knows he’s not going to find. He gets closer to me and starts patting me down, earning a smirk from me. “What’s with the smirk, Jamison?”

“You’re getting pretty handsy, aren’t you Thomas?” I chuckle. “You just want to search me for drugs because this gives you a reason to pat me down, which you know you shouldn’t be doing.”

“And why shouldn’t I be doing this?”

“Because I could easily call sexual harassment and make your life a living hell.” I inform him. “Lucky for you, I think you’re cute and I’ll let this slide. Now are you done? I’m serious about having to make my flight.”

Special Agent Thomas stops patting me down and looks at me with concern. “Why are you going to leave this life? Seriously?”

“I didn’t choose the coffee bean life, it chose me.” I smirk, causing him to chuckle. “Call off your dogs. I’ve got to go.”

“Alright, finish up.” He yells prompting his team to quit searching. “I’ll look into The Triad.”

“And you’ll see that my family and Gambino family are the least of your concerns.” I smile. “I guess I’ll see you in a week? When you come to the warehouse with your drug smelling dogs?”

“See you in a week.” He smiles as I move past him to board the plane and continue my journey to Colombia.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Play With Fire by Sam Tinnesz