Status: Complete ♥

The Devil

1/1

The doors to Hell stood tall before her and inscribed within the dark wood were pictures of the damned souls that dwelled there, but this did nothing to deter Elizabeth. She’d tortured people and reveled in the feeling of their blood on her hands without one ounce of remorse, after all, why should she feel guilty for something that made her feel so alive?

Stepping inside, she looked around and grinned as screams filled her ears. Pain; a sound that she had heard repeatedly and had become somewhat addicted to. Lava flowed like rivers either side of the concrete walkway, leading her deeper into the high roofed cavern and closer to the being that she had often prayed to.

A burning sensation on her wrists soon caught her attention and she looked down to find red hot shackles around them, but the binds didn’t alarm her. Everyone had said that she would go to Hell for what she did, but no one seemed to understand that the threat of Hell excited her and only pushed her to continue her killing spree.

The path seemed to go on forever, but eventually, Elizabeth found herself standing on the edge of a deep abyss and stared down into the pitch-black void. Catching movement from the corner of her eye, she immediately took a few steps back and felt excitement stir within her as a mighty beast rose up.

“You are real,” she said, observing the beast in wonderment and moving closer, “I knew you were.”

“I am what people make me,” the beast replied, causing Elizabeth to frown and tilt her head in confusion.

“If you are him, why do you hide in darkness?” Elizabeth inquired, hissing as the shackles grew hotter, “Tell me who you are?”

“He is like you,” came a voice from behind her, causing her to spin around and face the newcomer.

“Like me?”

“Too evil even for Hell,” the heavily built man explained, keeping his distance and continuing, “You feel no remorse, your crimes in the upper world do not torment you and there is only one place for someone as wicked as that to reside.”

“I killed those people for you, they were worthy sacrifices...” Elizabeth mumbled, “Their blood was spilled in your name.”

“Their blood was spilled for your satisfaction,” the man snapped in reply, stepping forward as chains broke through the stone and attached themselves to her wrist shackles, “As lord of this domain and king of Hell, I sentence you to an eternity of darkness.”

“You can’t do this,” Elizabeth shouted in anger, fighting against her binds and dropping to her knees in defeat.

There were no screams heard from that moment on, only silence and over time Elizabeth gave up fighting. Imprisoned within the walls of the insane asylum, she aged as the years passed and eventually passed away without ever having muttered another word.