Animal in Me

More days to come, new places to go

I walk into the greenroom and I’m instantly assaulted by this horrid smell. It was like a mixture of of weed and crack with a dash of vomit. Which of course is coming from the man that stopped and decided to projectile vomit in front of me. He’s so lucky he didn’t get anything on me.

In one corner of the room, I see Tommy taking shots and trying to get Mick to “lighten up”, in the other I see Vince chatting up the redhead that nearly jumped up on stage and fucked him. And Sixx was nowhere to be seen, per usual.

“You know, you aren’t getting paid to be their babysitter, that’s my job.” Doc jokes as he comes up to me. “Why are you so worried about him?”

“I’m not worried about anyone.” I tell him. “I’m just doing a mental role call. I figured you’d need a hand wrangling them in tonight. Tonight was a very successful show; they’re gonna want to celebrate all night.”

“You’re a journalist, not their babysitter.” He repeats himself. “You don’t have to worry about these assholes; that’s my job.”

“I grew up in this life, worrying has become second nature.” I tell him.

“Worrying about these guys will make your go gray early, especially worrying about Sixx.”

“Why especially him?” I ask, raising an eyebrow.

“That boy doesn’t know when to stop and probably never will.” He shrugs. “He didn’t have a great upbringing so he acts out and craves the attention he gets from that. Worrying about him will guarantee you an early grave.”

Before I can say anything, Nikki walks out of the bathroom with a blonde in front of him fixing her red lipstick. He looks at me and instantly, a smirk forms on his lips as he walks over to me and Doc.

“Enjoying the party?” He asks, smirk never leaving his lips.

“I see you found your ego boosting blonde, huh?” I ask, pointing to the girl who is now chatting up one of Ozzy’s roadies. “And it looks like you were just the opening acting and to a roadie nonetheless.”

Nikki rolls his eyes in annoyance. “Please, I’m sure I was better than he is.”

“Jealousy isn’t a good look on your Nikki.” I say, smirking at him. “Besides, roadies have to be in somewhat of a decent shape. I’m sure he has stamina that could clearly bypass yours.”

“Why are you being a bitch?” He questions me. “Why do you gotta ruin my fun?”

“Someone has to keep you in check besides Doc.” I reply, shrugging. “Besides pissing you off makes my job so much more fun.”

“If you aren’t here to drink and have fun, why are you here?” He asks. “I know there is no alcohol in that cup.” He points to the red plastic cup in my hand. “Am I right?”

“I don’t know, try it.” I say, pushing my cup of Jack and Coke in his hand. He sniffs it first and with an appreciative smirk, he takes a sip. “I’m not always a wet blanket, Sixx. I just don’t go crazy like you.”

“One of these days, I’ll get Aria Summers to let down her hair and actually go crazy.” He announces to a room that doesn’t care. “By the end of this month, you’re going to get shit faced drunk and do stupid shit with us; I promise you this.”

I can’t help but to laugh, “whatever you say Sixx.” I chuckle. “Keep my drink, I’m heading back to the hotel. I’ve gotta get my beauty sleep.”

“Let me walk you back.” He says, earning a look from me. “What? I may be what you call a “pig”. But I’ll be damned if a pretty girl is going to be walking unknown streets by herself.”

“I don’t want to tear you away from another potential lay.” I tell him as he grabs his leather coat and my arm; slowly guiding me out of the party.

“They’ll be here when I get back.” He shrugs on his jacket. “Your safety is more important right now.”

“You’re impressing me right now, Sixx.” I tell him, smiling. “Didn’t think I’d see this side of you. Especially since you use and abuse girls so much.”

“You’re just not any girl.” He admits as we get outside. “You’re under our protection, I’m sure Rolling Stone would have our heads if you get one of their writers killed.”

“That wouldn’t be the kind of publicity Motley Crue would want.” I chuckle. “But thank you for being so protective of me, especially since you think I hate you.”

“I know deep down in your ice heart you like me.” He gives me a cheeky grin. “I just need you to admit it and we’ll be golden.”

“And give up this banter between us? Never.” He just chuckles as we continue the walk to the hotel talking about random shit. It was nice to see this side of him and it’s only day one. I can only imagine how the rest of this tour will go...
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Rock You Like a Hurricane by Scorpions.

Already have the ending of this story planned out, is that sad?