Status: I hope you enjoy! Any and all criticism is appreciated!

Gangland

Prologue

Maya Denten had a lot of things on her mind.

First and foremost, she wondered where her life had gone wrong. The dead body at her feet kept fighting for attention with the gun being held in her face. She was vaguely aware of the cop holding the gun yelling for her to get down on the ground. The dead man's blood was splattered across her face and body.

As she lowered herself to the ground and found herself being cuffed she briefly mourned the just purchased zip of marijuana stuffed into her pants pocket. A full ounce of pure gas, making her nearly 200 dollars poorer, was going to end up in some evidence locker, or worse, smoked by someone other than Maya, all because this guy had the poor graces to get shot in front of her, while a beat cop was getting a coffee refill from the convenience store across the street.

The cop hauled her up and the feel of the dirt and grit sticking to her white tank by way of some rando's blood caused her mouth to dry out.She contemplated licking her lips but the fear of getting this guy's blood in her mouth, any more than what already had, made her gag. The cop threw her in the back of his car and waited for the backup he had called when he heard the shots. Maya watched the body through the window half expecting, hoping, he would hop up and this all would be some kind of foul joke. She sighed when he did her the great disservice of staying dead and gazed at the roof of the squad car.

"Yep,"she said to herself, "this is not my night."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanx for reading. First of many I hope. Let me know how you feel!