Hime

The Awakening

A sudden gasp tumbled from her lips, as she flew up in her bed, clutching at her chest. She was bathed in a warm, golden hue that made her feel as if she were floating, even though she was firmly seated in her bed. What's going on?! she wondered, incredulously. She had jolted awake from a crazy dream that seemed too real to be something her brain had just conjured up. She closed her eyes tightly and tried to conjure the images back up, like replaying a movie. She had no trouble, as the scenes flashed vividly in her mind. No, this wasn't a dream... this was remembering.

She saw a man clad in dark armor, with a flash of black hair, and beautiful dark eyes. He was smiling down at her, and she felt accepted, protected. His name... What was his name? Endymion. She felt familial love towards him... sibling love. And she loved him with everything that she had in her. But she also felt trepidation... he was leaving; leaving her behind once again. She wanted to help him so badly, but she needed to be protected. Why? What from? She pictured brainwashed, distorted humans, humans that would kill her without a second thought about it. And Endymion needed her to stay safe, to protect the Earth while he was away.

Moon Kingdom. He was going to the moon. Princess Serenity. The woman he loved. He was going to see her, even if was 'forbidden'. But he was also trying to find allies, to align the Moon Kingdom with the Earth, and protect it from those degenerated humans, who threatened to kill everyone on their planet, and establish reign over the Earth. She was scared, but she understood. He was going to unite his golden crystal with the silver crystal, and restore peace in the galaxy. Together, the moon and the Earth were going to banish this evil that fed on human's energy. They were going to save the solar system.

Save for a few others, she was the only one who knew about his affair with the moon princess. And she swore to take it to her grave. But her anxiety turned to excruciating pain, when she realized her brother had been killed by Metalia, and Queen Beryl, along with the moon princess, Serenity. Grief took over her senses, and she fled from her protected hiding place, trying to do whatever she could to avenge her brother, so his efforts were not in vain. As soon as she made it out into the open, she was attacked by a barrage of toxic energy. But that same warm glow that she was feeling now, burst forth from her, protecting her, and turning her into a sailor senshi.

With this newfound strength, she was able to fight back, protect her people, and save her planet from destruction. But this was the downfall of the Moon Kingdom. To prevent the earth from suffering the same fate, she went underground, and using her own rose-gold crystal, entered a state of stasis, enveloping the world in her love, and power. The queen of the moon was able to seal the darkness away, in grief, after losing her only daughter. But before the queen could seal Metalia and Beryl away for good, one of Beryl's soldiers found her hide-away, disguised himself as one of Endymion's advisors, and plunged a dark sword her back. She died from the dark power that the sword of imbuged with, but not before she could eliminate him, herself, as her last dying act.

There was a name on her lips, as she slowly opened her chocolate brown eyes, staring at her room in a new way. She was never going to be the same again. She wasn't just Katrina Roun anymore. She was so much more than that. She had powers, she could help people, save people. She was powerful, but she also wasn't alone anymore. Her brother was out there, somewhere, not too far away from her tiny studio apartment in Hakone. But he was in trouble. The world was in trouble, once again. She had no choice. She had to act. But she had to do it in a way so as not to attract too much attention to herself. With one of the earth's guardians in danger, she was all the planet had left. Or so she thought.

With a deep breath, she opened her mouth, and whispered her new identity, "Sailor Earth."