Hime

Unbreakable Bond

As if being pulled by an invisible source, Katrina found herself walking right through the Juuban downtown district. At this time of day, people were just getting off of work, and there were throngs of people all around her. It felt strange. It wasn't nearly this populated in Hakone. Her eyes widened slightly as she realized her destination. A small park. It was beautiful. Japan's aesthetic never ceased to amaze her, even though she'd spent all her life there, and had only ever left the country once, to visit a famous zoo in Europe, where she was sorely disappointed with the architecture, and especially the food. She had been a young teenager then, but she didn't feel any urge to leave, now. Could it be that she was drawn to this country for the same reasons she was being drawn to whom she sought out? Was this all part of her... reincarnation, or whatever this was?

She was lost in thought, when there was a sharp tugging at the peripheral of her vision. Her head snapped up and her eyes widened. Oh my god... There he was, just sitting on a bench in the shade, reading a thick book.He looked so studious in his black t-shirt and olive cardigan with a pair of impeccable blue jeans, and some deep-brown Doc Marten's. She watched him for what felt like an eternity. Sucking in a deep breath, she strode across the perfectly manicured grass, between all the bonsai trees, like something about of Studio Ghibli movie or something. Her heart was pounding so wildly in her chest, she could faintly make out her heartbeat through her shirt.

"Eh... Endymion?" she whispered, so quietly that she had barely even heard herself. His head snapped up, and he stared at her with trepidation, before they turned steely and unfeeling.It hurt her. From what she remembered, her brother never looked at her in that way before. She'd seen the look on face his a thousand and one times before when dealing with unsavory people. It was a scare tactic, but also self preservation. If the enemy couldn't see past your first line of defense - your eyes - then they couldn't find a chink in your armor.

After a pregnant pause, he spoke lowly, his voice calloused. "Excuse me?" His voice was sharp, cutting her to the bone. Again, he had never taken that tone with her, no matter the battle waging outside. He was always warmth, protection, love, and comfort with her. But this... this couldn't be him, could it?

"I'm sorry, I completely mistook you for someone else. Gomennasai." She turned quickly to leave, but a strong hand grabbed her by the elbow, holding her in place.

"How do you know that name?" he said, lowly, trying not to cause a scene.

She swallowed the lump that had been gathering in her throat. "Oh, you know, one of those silly things that must have come to me in a dream! S-Sayonara!" She tried pulling away, but he wouldn't budge, therefore, neither would she. She licked her lips (when did everything become so dry?) She glanced wearily over her shoulder at the man's smolder. She couldn't talk now, even though she so badly wanted to. She had a million questions for the man before her, yet she dared not say his name out loud again, for fear, with how tightly he was gripping her upper arm.

At that moment, it was as though he had finally broke through a thick fog, that blinded and choked him. His eyes turned sharp, as though seeing her for the first time. He slowly released his grip, and she quickly made space between the two of them, not wanting to experience that indifference from him again. Where's my brother? Where is Endymion?! she wanted to shout at him.

"Tell me about your dreams," he demanded. She knew that she could trust him, if there was any part of her brother that was still in there. She glanced around them, around the park. She didn't know why, but she didn't want to tell him about this whole secret life she'd been living, this tale of reincarnation, these powers... in front of other people. But it was a weekday and the park was sparse. She could see why he came here to read. He didn't seem to be waiting for anyone.

"Can I..." She swallowed, thickly. "Can I show you?" She suddenly felt shy, which was probably one of the last words someone would use to describe her. His eyes narrowed, but at the same time, his demeanor seemed to soften just a little bit. Her breath caught in her throat. There he is. There's my brother! With a new, hardened resolve, she reached up, and touched his temples. She breathed out slowly, as she closed her eyes. Her fingertips glowed a warm rosy hue, and she pictured her dreams, her memories, letting her energy merge with his. Somewhere, in the peripheral of her senses, she heard his breathing, it quickened with the memories. When she finally pulled away from him, his deep blue eyes were looking at her with a mix of awe, and what she'd most hoped for - recognition.

"Kat," he breathed her name, enveloping her in a tight embrace. She was taken aback and tears sprung to her eyes.

"E-Endymion..." She wrapped her arms around his broad shoulders and let out a small cry. She still wasn't comfortable showing much emotion in public, and she hadn't been entirely sure how he was going to respond to her. This was more than she had hoped for.

"I'm so sorry I never came back for you, Katrina. I'm so, so sorry." He moved his hand to the back of her head, soothing her like he used to.

"You couldn't help it. You had to be with her, you had to save Serenity!"

"M-Mamo-chan?" An unsure voice came from behind them. They pulled away from their embrace, and Kat gasped when she saw the petite female looking at them, quite confused, almost hurt.

"Serenity?" Kat looked quickly between the princess and her brother. He smiled sheepishly, and reached out for the small blonde.

"Usako, this... this is..." He took a deep breath, unsure of how to explain his sister reincarnate to... his princess reincarnate?

Katrina bowed deeply to the other female. "I'm Katrina. I'm Endymion's sister."

"Endymion?" she repeated slowly. The pieces seemed to be slowly coming together for her. That's right, she had called him by a different name. "You're Mamo-chan's sister?"

"Princess Serenity, I heard all about you, but I never dreamed that I would ever get to meet you." The blonde smiled at the other blonde.

"M-Me?" She looked shocked, her hand touching her chest lightly.

"Usako, I never told you about Kat because... well, because I couldn't. For her safety, I couldn't ever tell anyone about her. And then... I didn't remember," he said, full of remorse.

"It's not your fault E..." she trailed off, not sure what his name in this life was.

"Mamoru," he offered her. "Chiba Mamoru. This is..."

"Tsukino Usagi!" the blonde offered, instantly bubbly, offering out her hand, in greeting. "I'm Mamo-chan's-"

"Fiance," he finished for her, smiling. The smile touched his eyes, just like it always used to, when he talked about his princess.

"Roun Katrina. It's a pleasure to meet you, Usagi." Kat happily took her hand. She was so warm, and comforting. Katrina was instantly soothed, though she didn't know she even needed to be. This girl was purity personified, just like her brother had always described her. She surely didn't fall short of her expectations. "I can't believe we're finally meeting. I... after I lost Endymion, and I heard that you... Well, I never thought I would ever have the chance." She smiled. "It's truly an honor."

Usagi blushed. "What... What did Mamo-chan say about me?" she asked, hesitantly.

"Here." Taking, both of the smaller woman's hands in hers, Kat closed her eyes, sharing her memories with Usagi. When she stepped back, she had to laugh. Usagi's mouth had fallen open. She looked up at Mamoru, and then back to Katrina. Then a single tear fell down her cheek.

"Your story, it's so... tragic." Usagi instantly enveloped Kat in a hug, squeezing with all of her might.

Kat chuckled. "I can't say yours fared any better than mine."

"But you had to hide away all of that time! Weren't you so lonely?" Usagi stepped back, her big blue eyes peering into Kat's.

Kat swallowed. "Well... yes... but..." She wasn't sure what to say to that. Of course she was lonely. Her brother was all that she had. Aside from the shittenou that stood bravely by Endymion's side, and hers, by proxy, there was really no one that was allowed close to her.

"Well, you don't have to be lonely now! You have me, and Mamo-chan, and oh! You have to meet my friends! Mamo-chan and I were just going to meet them for parfaits and cake at Crown! Will you come with us? You have to come with us!" She instantly linked arms with her and Mamoru, tugging the two of them along, with such strength from her tiny little frame. Kat laughed, she liked this girl. She liked her a lot.