Status: ALL CHAPTERS FROM APP ARE LOADED UP HERE AND FIXED IN SOME SPOTS :)

Run From the King

Chapter 15

It was still dark out when Klaus woke. Her hand still laid in his. Looking over her face kept him at ease. She was so beautiful. He carefully grazed her cheek with his fingertips before the sun began to peek through his windows. A ray of light through some curtains shone a warm sunny glow across her face.

He watched as she crinkled her face before opening her eyes to him. The sun's light glistened in her eyes.

He dreamt of this for years. This moment...

"Eliza.."

He spoke softly to her now.

She kept her eyes on him. Careful, unsure of how long he had been watching her.

Suddenly...a thought crossed Klaus' mind...

How many times had someone else woken up to his princess laying beside them?

He envisioned another man looking over Eliza in bed.

Admiring those blue eyes..her soft skin..those pink lips...

No...no...

Klaus let go of Eliza's hand as he moved them to cover his eyes, trying to erase what his imagination was forming in his mind.

Eliza noticed Klaus close his eyes as if in pain.

"Klaus?"

Her voice is concerned as she sits up and looks down at the now writhing Klaus. His hands held the sides of his head, as he started hollering in pain.

"Oh my god, Klaus! What's happening! Klaus?!"

"NO..NO!"

Klaus roars ferociously as he falls to the ground from the bed. Still holding his head, his mind started to work against him, showing him images of a faceless man, holding Eliza, kissing her, laughing with her..waking up to her.

Klaus stands from the ground and turns to Eliza. She shudders from the bed looking up at him.

His shoulders hunched over as he breathed heavily now. His eyes had lost their honey-green warmth and were replaced by black steely ones. His breath was loud and ragged.

The sunglow was soon replaced with darkness.. as a formidable storm cloud began to rumble in the distance.

Klaus yells out again in pain as he grabs his head once more and drops to his knees.

Eliza watched him carefully, noticing the sound of his cries were sounding more and more like terrifying roars..like a beast.

Klaus suddenly reaches for the leg of his nightstand and picks up the entire thing with ease and hails it over the bed, flying above Eliza's head and crashing It into pieces against the wall.

Eliza screamed, terrified. She had never seen Klaus so..monstrous.

The storm had grown and a loud pouring followed after a breathtaking crash.

"Klaus, please...Please stop."

Klaus clenches his fists as he looks over her now.

"Who was He?" His voice was deep and unnerving.

Eliza swallows hard before rising. She's confused at first but then realizes what he was asking. She stands on the other side of the bed now. Her hair had tumbled down her small shoulders, as the pale blue dress hung loosely on her now as she stood straight. She gripped the end of the bed cover as she quipped the nerve to answer the beast.

"Klaus..there wasn't anyone. It was just me. Alone."

"Liar!"

He roars as a strike of lightning hits one of the trees in the royal courtyard. Eliza sees it happen from the window view.

"Oh my god, Klaus...What's happening? Are you doing this?"

Klaus starts to make his way to her side of the bed as she shakes her head nervously, pleading."

"..please..please don't.."

Eliza backs into the wall behind her and looks up at Klaus, powerless as his height towers over her.

His fists hit the wall on either side of her head as she shrieks in fear.

"WHO IS HE?"

He yells so ferociously in her face, he's nearly foaming at the mouth like an animal.

Eliza shakes her head, her eyes glistening up at his dark, cold black stare.

"Klaus, please. It's no one. I just.."

Klaus yells in pain again as he drops to his knees in front of her. She looks down at him holding onto his head as he fights with his demons.

She almost felt sorry for him.

Warning Bells started to ring outside.

"What the hell is happening?"

*Knock Knock*

Before Eliza can respond, Ruby comes rushing in.

"Klaus?"

Ruby's voice was concerned. She sees the broken nightstand and makes her way to Klaus on the ground.

"Oh, Klaus.."

She lowers herself to his level and puts her hand carefully over his. Eliza watches the girl touch the Prince with ease. She narrows her eyes as the girl leans into Klaus' ear and whispers something to him.

Klaus, looking down, nods as his fists clench and face the cold hardwood floors.

Ruby pulls a small needle from the pocket in her dress. A black liquid swirled in the tube.

"W-what is that?"

Ruby ignores Eliza as she crawls to kneel behind Klaus. She slowly and carefully lifts his shirt from the back. His muscles were defined as he breathed raggedly. Eliza also noticed little dots, all over his back. Like little red and black pricks. There must've been hundreds, some still healing, some scarring. She watched as Ruby found a spot of skin untouched. She bit her lip before pulling her hand back.

"Poison."

Ruby finally answered Eliza's question.

"What?!"

Ruby stabs the needle into Klaus. He groans, but immediately, his breathing began to slow down. His body seemed to shrink as his shoulders began to slump. Eliza dropped to her knees pushing Ruby off Klaus.

"YOU GAVE HIM POISON? How could you? Get off of him!"

Eliza pulls the empty needle out of Klaus back but it's too late. He slumped over and fell to his side.

"Klaus!"

Eliza panics as she turns Klaus on his back to look him over. His eyes were shut, his skin, ice cold.

"KLAUS!"

She shrieks his name.

Eliza grabs onto his shirt bunching it in her fist, desperate. She shakes him with all of her strength. The storm outside begins to settle now. The thunder ceasing and the rain had now become a light drizzle.

"KLAUS! NO!"

Ruby shoves Eliza off Klaus.

"Will you stop that?"

Irritated she stands to slap the folds of her dress straight.

"He'll be up soon."

Eliza looks up at her confused.

"What are you talking about? YOU JUST POISONED HIM!"

Eliza cries out as she stands, holding the needle in her hand now, poised to stab Ruby.

"Traitor."

Ruby scoffs at Eliza,

"Oh, I'm the traitor am I?"

She rolls her eyes,

"Unbelievable."

Eliza looks at her confused.

Before she can answer, Klaus stirs on the ground. Eliza's eyes widen. She drops the needle and crawls to his side.

"Klaus...Klaus are you alright?"

He has trouble focusing on Eliza. He tries to raise his arm to her cheek. His arm shakes with weakness. Eliza didn't understand what was happening. She took hold of his hand and helped him raise it to her cheek and held it in place.

He didn't speak. But his warm honey green eyes had returned.

Eliza hadn't realized how desperately she needed to see those eyes again.

Two men appeared at the door and tapped lightly at the door.

"Erm...Is the Prince ready?"

Ruby turned to the servant at the door.

"Go ahead, take him."

She answered as she crossed her arms, looking over Eliza and Klaus. Her eyes were envious of his affection for her. It had been her who had saved him. She always had been there for him. But that didn't matter, she thought. She wanted so badly to stick that little black needle in Eliza.

"Take him where?"

The men at the door quickly made their way to Klaus and helped raise him. Eliza stood as he was raised, inquiring again.

"Where are you taking him?!"

The man looked over at Ruby who quickly turned and walked out of the room without answering.

"Sorry miss, we need to take him to..to the darkroom."

"The darkroom?"

"To expel the poison. Quite painful miss."

"Wait that's actually poison in him? How is he alive?"

Eliza looks over Klaus as she follows the men towards the bedroom door carrying him out.

"Course it's poison."

The second man who had stayed quiet till now answered.

"Prince can't die. Everyone knows that."

"What? What do you mean he can't die?"

Klaus' eyes were shut now as his body began to shift in the arms of the two men.

"Oh no, probably making its way out soon.."

Warned the first man.

They carefully stepped out of the bedroom. As Eliza began to follow, Ruby reappeared in front of her. With a quick shove, she pushed Eliza back into the bedroom.

"Nuh-uh-uh...The prince's last orders were for you to be in bed. And so that's where you'll be."

She slammed the bedroom door shut and before Eliza grabs hold of the knob, she hears a click of the lock.

"Hey! Let me out! I need to go with him!"

"I'll take care of him. Don't you worry."

Ruby chuckles as Eliza hears the clicks of her heels hit the marble floor walking in the direction Klaus was led.

Frustrated, Eliza turns to the bedroom and looks over the mess Klaus had made.
♠ ♠ ♠
edited 5/2/2020