The Blinding Light

Its Coming Together

I get home feeling better than ever. "Mum!! mum i won tickets to Elliot Minor!!!" "Thats great! who you going to bring with you? do Suzie and Gemma have their tickets?" "Yeah .. but i have someone in mind" "OK well ask them and if they cant go you can always take your cousin Amanda". I grab the house phone with a snap and run upstairs.
I give Suzie a call first. "Hello?" "Hey Suzie its Margi Oh my God guess what?" "Oh hi Margi, Whats the big news?" "I won two tickets to Elliot Minor!" "Wow!! Margi your so lucky!! thats so cool! who you going to bring though?" "Well.. you and Gemma have your tickets so i was thinking about.. maybe asking Jamie Jones" Jamie Jones has been my crush since i started school, hes such a dream. "Yeah Margi you should!! that would be awesome!" "Ha ha yeah, will you spread the word to Gemma for me? I think ill go up to his house and see how it goes" "Yeah sure! good luck!" "Thanks Suzie! Cya tomorrow".
I hang up the phone and run to my wardrobe, I have to look my best for Jamie. I put on my best black skinny jeans, my dark purple Elliot Minor T-shirt and my black converse. I do my hair and make up, have a fast glance in the mirror and I'm on my way. I get to Jamie's house and as i walk up the footpath I feel my heart skip beats. I ring the doorbell to see Jamie walk out, my eyes glued to his fine deep black hair and his mouth twisting a smile. "Oh hey Margi, what brings you here?" I stand in shock, but then realize i need to answer. "Oh sorry, hey .. yeah Jamie I won two tickets to an Elliot Minor gig and I was wondering if, well, would you like to come with me? I stand still and wait for an answer frightened of him saying no, it feels like hes taking forever to answer when i hear his soft voice reply. "Sure Margi, that would be great!" I feel like jumping with joy, screaming my head of, but i keep it cool. "Thats great! so ill see you around then?" "Sure! thanks for stopping bye! later". As he closes the door I remain in my spot, shocked, in love.
I get home and dive towards the laptop. I sign into MSN and tell Suzie and Gemma how it all went. They're just as excited as me.