When your worlds at an end find a vampire to start it again

5

Layla's POV

I woke up on a strange couch in a room I didn’t recognize. The room was dark but huge, and the couch was really comfortable. I don’t know how long I had been asleep for, it hardly mattered to me. I had a pounding head ache and loud angry voices coming from beyond the only door in the room weren’t helping at all. I recognized Lee’s voice shouting at some one else.

“WELL SHE CAN JUST GET OVER IT THEN!!” He roared at some unseen person.

“Are you KIDDING!!! Clytemnestra will kill you! Just suck her dry and all our problems will be solved. Here I’ll even do it for you.” shouted a voice I vaguely remembered from somewhere. I saw the door knob rattle but it stopped suddenly. Next I heard something like two trains colliding and a cry of pain. It scared me as memories from the night before floated back. Lee was a vampire and I had trusted him… that was a mistake.

I walked over to the door and started to open it to try and see what the noise had been.

“DON’T!!!” I heard Lee yell as soon as I put my hand on the door knob. His words where so sharp I could do nothing but obey. I took a step or two back from the door as I heard a lot of yelping and strangled yelling. I stood back waiting for something terrible to happen. But after a few seconds it went quiet. Then the door started to open again and I held my breath waiting for what ever was coming threw the door.

The door opened and to my relief it was Lee dragging a guy by the collar of his shirt with one hand. I now recognized him as the guy that had given me that last bottle of whiskey the night before.

“Did we wake you?” Lee asked looking a little scruffy but not nearly as beaten as the guy he had dragged in.

“Yes, who is that?” I asked Lee.

“Oh this is Ridge.” Lee said shaking his head at the guy. Ridge looked up at me with a smile.

“Oh THAT’S why you wanted to keep her.” He said with a laugh. Ridge had this smile on his face that made him look mysterious like he knew more then the both of us. Lee frowned and shot him a look then went back to talking to me.

“Did you sleep well?” he ask ignoring whatever Ridge was implying.

“Sort of, how long was I out for?” I asked still eyeing ridge nervously.

“About eight hours I think.” He said. I blinked as reality finally caught up to me. I remembered why I had passed out.

“Is... She’s dead isn’t she…I- I killed her.” I whispered. I could feel my knees start to shake under me as I stood there threatening to give way at any moment.

“No I saw her breathing after I caught you.” Lee said quietly as he looked at me.

Why didn’t he save her? Why didn’t he just let me go? I have nothing…I am nothing…what is there left for me? I thought, but on the outside I grinned at both of them.

“Can you take me to see her?” I asked. I didn’t really want to see her again. In fact I could go the rest of my life with out seeing her face again or Josh’s for that matter. But at my words the smile on Ridge’s face disappeared.

“You can’t go anywhere. You have to stay right here until we figure out how to fix this mess.”

“Ridge I told you Clytemnestra is just going to have to deal with another woman in the house. At least until she’s finished the Frock anyway.” said Lee. He had a condescending tone even thought Ridge looked at least a year older then him. Ridge’s eyes where wide with a mix of shock and horror at his words.

“She knows? Why did you tell her what we are? You’re the biggest IDOT I’VE EVER MET!” His voice slowly got louder and louder as he talked.

“Ridge I didn’t tell her anything she figured it out on her own.” Lee said in a calm tone.

“Oh…well… well you know what this means then… for her and you anyway.” Ridge said clearly taken back by Lee’s answer. Lee just sighed. I looked confused back and forth between the two of them. What are they talking about? A frock is like a coat isn’t it? I thought.

“Yes she has to spent one year with me before she can be released or turned.” He said. His eyes where averted to the wall as if he was thinking.

“Wait…WHAT!!!” I screeched at the top of my voice. “What’s going on?”

“You know too much. It is customary that any human that knows about our secret can’t be bled; we call it the “Rule of the Knowledgeable”. But they also can’t just go off into the world on their own and run around telling all their friends about us. So you have to survive one year with vampires before you will be allowed to leave. That time is called the “Frock”. If you can do that then you must swear an oath that on pain of death you will never tell a soul about our world. That or you can just become a vampire. I picked the second one.” Said Ridge sizing me up as if he wasn’t sure if I could handle either option.

“So I have to spend a year with you or become a blood sucking freak?... What a choice…” I said…
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you liked it =D