Sequel: Devil with Angel Eyes

Starry Eyes

One hand on the trigger, the other hand in mine

“Why are you so nervous?” I chuckle as I watch Douglas pace back and forth in his trailer; Nikki Sixx clothing and wig are still on. “It’s not like you’re meeting my parents.”

“I wasn’t this nervous meeting your dad.” He admits. “But these are your brothers, I know their opinion on me means a lot to you.”

“To be fair you met my dad before me.” I laugh as I get up off the couch and walk over to him; stopping him from pacing. My arms wrap themselves around his neck and I just smile at him. “Sure my brothers’ opinions do matter but not as much you and they think. As long as you have my dad’s, Nikki’s and Gunner’s approval, you’re golden. Having Brandon and Dylan’s stamp is just bonus at this point.”

“Why isn’t this helping me?” He lets out a nervous chuckle. “I’m usually never this nervous. I don’t know what’s wrong.”

“I think this is seriously the cutest thing ever.” I tell him with a smile. “Usually all the guys I’ve dated were so cocky when it came to meeting my dad, it backfired. This is a nice change. Besides you’re freaking out over nothing. Again, Brandon and Dylan are harmless. They think they are big and bad but that’s only because they feel like they have to act like that.”

“They feel like they have to act like Tommy Lee.” He muses. “That’s understandable.”

“We’ve got a rep to uphold.” I chuckle. “But honestly, none of us are as bad as we allow people to think we are.”

“Thank God.” He smiles before leaning in for a kiss, causing me to pull back. He just rolls his eyes. “I know I’m dressed like Nikki and it’s weird.”

“And you have to be on set soon anyway.” I smile before leaning up and kissing his cheek. “This’ll have to wait til tonight.”

“Til tonight.” He repeats before kissing my forehead, causing my cheeks to heat up. “You’re so adorable when you blush.”

“Me blushing doesn’t leave this trailer, got it Booth?”

“Got it Lee.” He smirks. “Come on, let’s get out on set before they start thinking we’re doing something we’re not.”

I unwrap myself from him and take his hand before heading out of the trailer and towards the set.

“Did you know your dad and Nikki were coming?” Douglas asks as we near the set and see my dad and brothers talking to Colson as Nikki and Gunner talk to Iwan and Daniel. “This isn’t doing anything for my nerves.”

“You’ll be fine.” I assure him. “But no, I didn’t know. This is news to me. But don’t worry, you got this.”

“Our relationship isn’t the only thing I’m worried about being under the microscope.” He sighs, looking very nervous. “I wasn’t prepared for them to be on set.”

“Babe, you’ve got this.” I reassure him. “You’re an amazing actor and are a pretty amazing Nikki Sixx. You’ve got this. Relax. Breathe. You’ll be fine.” I lean up and kiss his cheek. “I’ll kick their asses if they think otherwise.” He just chuckles before placing a kiss on the top of my head. “Come on, let’s get this over with.”

“Princess!” My dad yells as we near him. “How is everything going? They’re doing us justice.”

“Colson is literally you.” I chuckle. “But everything is going great. Even Michelle thinks so. You missed it yesterday. They filmed my favorite childhood story.”

“Ozzy snorting ants?” My dad chuckles. “I have no idea why you love that story so much.”

“I have no idea either.” I laugh. “But yea, it made me so happy for some fucked up reason.”

“You were always the weird one.” Brandon laughs before looking over at Douglas, who has an arm around my shoulders. “I don’t think we’ve met. I’m Brandon and this is my younger brother Dylan, we’re…”

“Nik’s baby brothers,” Douglas finishes. “She’s told me so much about you.”

“Hopefully all good things.” He smiles. “You better be treating her right. Bad things happen to guys who break my big sister’s heart. And I’m not talking about facing the wrath of our old man and Nikki.”

“Yea bad things.” Dylan adds, causing me to roll my eyes; especially when I feel Douglas tense up aside me.

“Bran, Dyl; you guys are about as vicious as a box full of kittens. Lay off.” I tell my brothers. “The speech as been given by both Dad and Nikki; let’s not beat the dead horse okay?” They glare at Douglas but their looks soften when they get to me.

“Only for you.” Brandon says before walking over and kissing my cheek. “Love ya Nik.” Dylan falls suit and kisses my cheek as well.

“Seriously, we do love ya Nikki.” Dylan says. “We’re sick of seeing you get hurt.”

“I love you punks too. And don’t worry, I don’t think this one is gonna hurt me.” I assure my baby brothers. “Besides, he know how protective the men in my life are.”

“You told him about the time me, Dyl and Gun kicked the shit out of your college boyfriend?” Brandon asks.

“Oh yea, she did.” Douglas replies, laughing. “You guys don’t have to worry, I swear I’ll never hurt your sister.”

“Good, I don’t want to hurt you. Nik will seriously kill me if I harm another boyfriend.” Brandon states. “And she scares me more than jail.”

“Damn straight.” I smile. “Come on, Douglas and the guys need to be on set. Let’s see movie magic happen.” I usher everyone to the set and away from starting another faux threatening conversation.

“You like him don’t you?” Gunner whispers as we watch them film the current scene they are working on. “Like really like him, don’t you?”

“I think you know the answer to that.” I smile. “He’s so different than any guy I’ve dated. He’s not pressuring me into bed or anything like that. The last guy I dated like that was you.”

“If he does break your heart, I will kill him.” He warns me. “I’ve never seen you this in love with someone in awhile. You’ve fallen for him completely, which means your heart break will be greater and you don’t deserve that. You deserve the world, Nik.”

“I’m not worried about him hurting me, Gunner.” I assure my best friend. “I’m worried about me hurting him…”
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Cupid Carries a Gun by Marilyn Manson

Image
Image

who would you rather have? Douglas or Ashley?