Sequel: Devil with Angel Eyes

Starry Eyes

It's the beat my heart skips when I'm with you

I walk into the police station flanked by both my dad and Nikki. The guard escorts us to the drunk tank/holding cell area. Once there I see all my boys plus CC and Ashley in there; covered in blood. Brandon spots me first and his eyes go wide.

“Did you seriously bring them with you?” He groans. “I can’t believe you got dad involved.”

I just smile before turning my attention to the guard. “I’ll take those two.” I say, pointing to Douglas and Colson before turning to my brothers and best friend. “You three can plead you cases to your dads. I’m done bailing your asses out, especially for fighting an ex.”

“Nikkole Athena, how could you?” Gunner questions. “Bros before hoes.”

“It’s so very easy, Gunner Nicholas.” I smile as I walk closer to the bars. “I told you three to behave and what the fuck did you do? You got into a fight.”

“Ashley started it.” He scoffs. “He was saying shit to try and rile Doug up. He was saying nasty shit. So Brandon and I did what we had to do.”

“Don’t get into any more fights because you want to “honor” my already shitty reputation.” I tell them. “Okay, I don’t need you to be my white knights all the time. Please be good for now on?”

“Can’t make that promise.” Gunner smiles, before grabbing my hand from behind the bars. “Your my best friend, my terror twin. I’m going to be getting my ass in trouble for you until the day we die. Now get your boy and his costar out of here. We’ll deal with the actual set of terror twins.” I smile before backing away enough so the guard can set Douglas and Colson free.

“Thanks for bailing me out, Nik!” Colson exclaims once we’re out. “But now I must leave you. Pete and I are going to enjoy the rest of our weekend off. We’re hitting up more bars.”

“Clean up the blood from your nose first.” I chuckle. “Also don’t get arrested tonight. I’m not bailing you out again.”

“Can’t make any promises.” He smiles before kissing my cheek and running off.

“So I guess that leaves us two.” Douglas says as he arms come from behind and wraps around my waist before pulling me closer to him. “What ever shall we do?”

“I have the townhome completely empty because Nikki and dad are taking their asshole sons with them for the rest of the weekend.” I say before turning around in his arms. I frown at the blood under his nose and the black and blue bruises that’s slowly forming under his eye. “Your beautiful face. Come on, let’s get you cleaned up first and then we’ll decide how to finish our night.” He just kisses my lips before pulling away. “Come on.” I grab his hand and guide him away from the police station.

**

“Your beautiful, beautiful face.” I say as I push him gently on the couch and straddle his lap so I can clean up the dried up blood. “Are you going to tell me what happened or did Gunner sum is up perfectly at the police station.”

He sighs. “Gunner summed it up perfectly.”

“Care to elaborate?” I sigh. “Doug, was whatever Ashley said worth getting in a fight over? The makeup team is going to bitch at me because they’ll have to work harder to cover up your black and blue marks as well as Colson’s.”

“He was just saying shit to get a rile out of me.” He sighs as his hands find themselves on my lips. “He was saying all sorts of shit about you and kept bringing up every detail of your relationship with him.”

“He brought up the sex tape didn’t he?” I ask him, earning a nod. “And let me guess, he was shocked when you said you already knew about it.”

“Yea and he got mad when he saw that I accepted it.” He shrugs. “Then when he mentioned that you were going to cheat on me like every other boyfriend, I started seeing red and I just acted without thinking.”

“So you threw the first punch?” I ask, a smile appearing on my lips. “I don’t think a boyfriend has ever tried to protect my honor. It’s always been Gunner and my brothers. Boyfriends just tend to listen to Ashley’s lies.”

“So Gunner is seriously the only boyfriend you ever cheated on?” He asks, earning a nod from me. “So nothing Ashley was saying about you was true?”

“Most of the shit Ashley says about me to current boyfriends tend to be lies and his way to manipulate me into coming back to him.”

“Why did you keep going back to him then?”

“He was one of the few people that understand the life I grew up in.” I shrug. “Plus I thought I loved him and he loved me. Now I realize I was stupid. Now I know what true love is like.”

“What made you change your mind?” He asks, but the look in his eye tells me he knows the answer to that question.

Without answering, a smile appears on my lips as I lean in and place my lips on his. What starts out as a sweet, innocent kiss quickly turns heated when one of his hands comes to the back of my neck, pulling me closer to him.

As I come up for air, Douglas’ lips find their way to my neck, biting and sucking every inch of skin as he can. He’s marking me up and for once, I don’t care.

“Bedroom?” I pant, trying to pull away from him.

“Bedroom.” He agrees. With that, I get up off of him and drag him upstairs...
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Crazy in Love by Sofia Karlberg (I like this version better sue me)

comment&subscribe?

Image
This is Nik's contact picture for Douglas. Just saying.