Sequel: Devil with Angel Eyes

Starry Eyes

I love you more than I can ever scream.

I pause the movie just as the escort leaves the restaurant. I turn to Douglas and punch his arm, earning a confused look from not only him but Colson.

“What the fuck was that for babe?” He questions, rubbing the spot where I just punched him. “Any reason you punched me?”

“I can’t exactly punch Harry now can I?” I question, motioning to the TV. “He’s a fictional character but the person that plays him is sitting right next to me. Why didn’t you tell me Harry Villiers is a total asshat?”

“It thought you knew!” He defends himself.

“You said he wasn’t that bad.” I counter, narrowing my eyes at him. “I know the girl was an escort but he didn’t have to treat her like she’s lessen then. If she’s so fucking bad, what does that make him? He called her.”

“I love how you’re supporting a fictional character’s way of life.” Colson chuckles. “Do you also support strippers?”

“I seriously have a shirt that says I support single mothers and it has a silhouette of a stripper on a pole.” I shrug. “Besides my dad’s whole career is about sex, drugs, booze and strippers. I’d be a hypocrite if I didn’t support that.” I turn my attention back to Douglas. “Please tell me there are no more scenes where I want to punch Harry.”

“You’re not going to like the scene coming up.” He admits, looking away from me. “It involves Lauren.”

“What did those assholes do to her?” I question, feeling protective of a fiction character; a character I’ve grown to love.

“Just watch.” He sighs. “But keep in mind, we aren’t like our characters.”

“I’m not going to like that scene, am I?” He shakes his head before pressing play on the remote.

**

“I need to get out of here.” I say quickly, flustered by the scene I just watched. “I need a cigarette.” I quickly get to my feet and head outside with a pack of cigarettes and my lucky white bic lighter in tow.

After a few drags of my cigarette, I feel my nerves calming down. Douglas must have sensed this because I hear the door to the courtyard open and shut. I look up and see my sweet, Britist boyfriend standing there with his hands shoved into the pockets of his sweatpants.

“Holliday, the girl that played Lauren, said that we were so convincing as actors that she didn’t want any of us to touch her after that scene.” He tells me in attempts to make me feel better. “None of us liked filming those scenes, trust me.”

“I know you, you’re such a sweet and caring guy.” I begin. “And I’ve seen enough interviews with Sam that I can gather he’s such a down to earth guy as well. It’s hard to watch you guys play such fucking assholes. The scary thing is that, people like Harry and Alistair exist. And even scarier than that, I’ve dealt with guys like them.”

“You were like Lauren, weren’t you?” He asks, softly. I only nod in response. This causes Douglas to instantly pull me into a comforting hug. “I’m so sorry, love. I didn’t know.”

“Not many people do.” I reply, pulling away from him. “I went to private schools from kindergarten through high school. I’ve dealt with entitled pricks. Nothing prepared me for the entitled pricks at NYU. I wasn’t even in the same major as most of these guys. We just encountered each other and parties. But those business school assholes, never really took no for an answer. Not even when you said you had a boyfriend waiting for you at home. Lie or not, they should have respected that.”

Douglas puts a hand on my cheek and slowly fills in the space between us and places a soft kiss on my lips. “I’m sorry you had to deal with assholes like Harry and Alistair. As long as I’m alive, I’ll make sure you won’t have to deal with them again.”

“You’re amazing, you know that?” I smile. “What did I do to deserve you?”

“You deserve the world, Nik.” He smiles. “You’re an amazing woman. I love you so much.” I can’t help but to blush. “You know, you never told me what your major was in school. You’ve mentioned college a couple times now.”

“What do you think my major was?” I ask.

“Music.” He replies. “I know you’re trying to make a name for yourself in the music world. So yea, I’m going to say music.”

“You’re actually wrong.” I chuckle. “I didn’t get into music until after college.”

“So what was your major then?”

“Dramatic literature.” I reply, smiling. “I was a drama club, theater kid until after college.” I chuckle, earning one from Douglas. “I’ve been in drama club since the beginning. I’ve done countless plays and wanted to be a theatrical actress for awhile.”

“What changed, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“Honestly, I have no idea.” I chuckle. “Something just switched in my brain and made me want to focus on music more. I think it could have been the countless auditions that I’ve failed or maybe the casting directors only wanted to cast me as the blonde bimbo. Or maybe, I’m playing into what the media expects of me. I’m Tommy Lee’s eldest spawn, I’m destined for music.”

“Are any of your brothers interested in music?”

“Dylan, yes. Brandon, no.” I reply. “Brandon is more into modeling and wants to get into acting.”

“He has the genes for modeling.” Douglas chuckles. “All three of you are ridiculously good looking.”

“Are you admitting my brothers are attractive?” I raise an eyebrow.

“Not as attractive as their sister though.” He smiles before placing a kiss on my lips. “You ready to head back in there and finish the movie?”

“Honestly? Not really.” I chuckle. “But we can go back and watch another movie. I honestly have no desire to finish The Riot Club.”

“What movie do you want to watch next then?”

“I honestly don’t care at this point.” I reply. “Dealer’s choice. As long as I can snuggle up against my poor hungover boyfriend, I’ll be happy.”

With a final kiss, we head inside to continue watching movies with Colson...
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: The Mortician's Daughter by Black Veil Brides.

comment&subscribe? I think the next chapter will have a decent sized skip in it but not too much of a skip. I think I'll fast forward to the end of filming.

Also new banner? Thoughts?