Sequel: Devil with Angel Eyes

Starry Eyes

Use a smile as a noun and I think like a verb

After the show, all of us head to Paradise City for the aftershow party. An hour into drinking and talking, Brittany walks into the VIP section looking pissed off.

“How dare you not invite me to this party?” She yells at us. “How dare you allow these fuckers to meet your boyfriend before me?” She motions to the rockstars around her. “I’m deeply disappointed in you Nikkole Athena.”

“Why can she call you by your first and middle name but I can’t?” Ben questions. “What gives?”

“Well my dearest Benjamin, I’ve known Britt since I was six.” I reply to him. “So there is that. She’s my true non-family tradition terror twin. Or if you want to be technical, she’s part of the terror triplets.”

“Me, you and Gunner did get in trouble a lot.” She chuckles. “Like remember the day we ditched school, dropped acid and went to Disneyland.”

“Please tell me more of that story.” Douglas chuckles. “Nik only did a long story short version.”

“Baby boy, I can tell you whatever story you want involving our girl Nik.” Brittany laughs. “Unlike Gunner, I’m not sworn to secrecy. I mean they did a blood pact and everything.”

“Blood pact?” Everyone, including Douglas and Ashley, asks in unison.

I wave my left hand where there is a clear scar on my palm. “I was wondering when you guys would start questioning the scar. It took all of you way longer than it should have. I’ve known most of you for almost ten years. Seriously, it’s kinda sad. Douglas gets a pass because I’ve only been dating him roughly four months.”

“What’s his ringtone!?” Kendall asks. “He’s gone over the three month mark. He has his own special ringtone doesn’t he?”

“I haven’t picked it yet.” I admit with a chuckle. “I’m still working on the perfect ringtone for him and the rest of the movie version of my dad’s band.”

“Michelle said something about doing Culture Club for her ringtone for him.” Brittany states, causing Douglas to groan. “Why would she do that? He played Nikki Sixx not Boy George.”

“I played Boy George first.” Douglas admits, cringing. “She’s been picking on me since she found out.”

“Her contact picture for you is you in full Boy George makeup and everything.” I admit, chuckling. “I’ve watched her set everything up.”

“Don’t worry, I won’t do that to you.” Kendall assures Douglas. “I’m going full blown Motley Crue with this. Or I could just use the picture of you and Colson Nik posted online.”

“I can’t believe you posted that picture.” Douglas groans, burying his face in my shoulder. “Why would you do that?”

“Do you know how many pictures she has of me and Ashley in the same position?” CC laughs. “I’m pretty sure she has pictures of Nikki and Tommy like that too.”

“I have them dressed up as pretty princesses too.” I laugh. “But seriously, I couldn’t not post it. I’m not about to be a nice person now.”

“Your fans thought it was cute though.” Andy points out. “And that might have been the most liked picture Nik has ever posted.”

“Do I want to know how you guys ended up in bed together?” Brittany laughs.

“I honestly can’t remember.” Douglas laughs.

“I woke up sandwiched between them.” I laugh. “That night must have been fun if none of us can remember it.”

“You’re already corrupting the sweet boy?” DAnny smirks. “How dare you?”

“You can’t corrupt what’s already corrupted.” Douglas shrugs. “I’m not as sweet and innocent as you guys think I am.”

“Compared to Nik’s other boyfriend, you are.” Brittany states, nodding over to Ashley who was been quiet all night. He’s just been there nursing a Jack and Coke and only really talking to CC.

“Anyway, how is your other job going?” I ask Brittany in attempts to change the subject. “How is teaching actors how to play the drums going?”

“You do what now?” Douglas questions.

“I work with actors and movie producers when it comes to the art of drumming.” Brittany replies. “I’ve been the drumming tech and teacher for various movies; mostly indie.”

“Except her last one.” I smile. “Tell us how awesome it was to meet Roger Taylor?”

“Teaching Ben Hardy to play drums was worth it.” She giggles. “Plus Ben is nice to look at, if you’re into blonde hair and light colored eyes.”

“If you do that for a living, why didn’t you do that for The Dirt?” Douglas questions.

“Because they literally have the best person, aside from Tommy Lee, at their disposal.” Brittany nods in my direction. “They didn’t need to pull an outsider.”

“I honestly don’t think I’ve actually seen you play drums.” Douglas admits to me. “I think Colson might have actually been the only one to truly see you behind the drum kit.”

“I told you, I’m a better bassist than a drummer.” I shrug. “You’re not missing much, honestly.”

“I highly doubt that.” He smiles before quickly stealing a kiss from me. When we pull away, I notice Ashley isn’t in the room. I frown a little but don’t think anything of it. I’m sure it’s nothing.

**

I’m talking with Andy while Douglas is talking with Ben and Kendall when Ashley walks up to us. He actually looks serious for once. “Nik, can we talk? In private?”

Andy gives me a look before walking away, leaving me and Ashley alone. “What’s up Purdy?”

“Are you serious with this guy?” He asks, nodding over to Douglas. “Like really serious?”

“Ashley, I’m through running back to you.” I tell him. “I’ve finally found someone that actually loves me. He’s not freaking out over commitment. And that makes me feel like my own commitment issues are a thing of the past. And it’s an awesome feeling.”

“I’ve always loved you Nikkole.” He states. “I know I had a shitty way of showing it.”

“And pressing charges against my brothers and Gunner put you in the doghouse forever.” I inform him. “I’ll never be able to forgive you for doing that.”

“I’m sorry.” He mumbles. “I was a fucking asshole.”

“At least you admit it.” I let out a humorless chuckle. “Now I’ve got to go. Doug and I have a plan to catch.”

“Where you heading off to?”

“London.” I reply. “He’s taking me to meet his family and friends. I’ll be basically living with him for a month. It’s going to be a nice change.”

“I’m sure his parents would love you.” Ashley smiles. “You’re a great girl. I hope he knows that.”

“He’s not you.” I simply reply before walking over to Douglas and away from my past…”
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Sound Effects and Overdramatics by The Used (second favorite song by the used. if you can guess my first one, you might be my best friend)

Vote for Nik's ringtone for Douglas. I have three options
I Caught Fire by The Used
Home Sweet Home by Motley Crue
or
Beautiful with You by Halestorm

I also have two ways the sequel can go. So when it gets closer to the end, I'll have you guys vote on how you'll like to see the sequel go.

Comment&subscribe?