Sequel: Devil with Angel Eyes

Starry Eyes

I'll be the belle of the brawl

“You survived your first dinner with my family.” Douglas announces as we walk into his flat. “How do you feel?”

“Emotionally tired.” I reply. “But your parents and sister are really sweet. I had fun. But my commitment phobe self is tired.”

“You did amazing babe.” He states as he pulls me into a hug. His arms go around my waist and keeps him up against him. “They love you, by the way. Especially my mother. She mentioned that I finally brought someone around that is worth calling her daughter-in-law.”

“I’m surprised they took the engagement announcement so well.” I admit. “I thought they would have freaked out over it. I really thought they would have thought four months of dating would be too short of a time before getting engaged.”

“I think they trust me to make the right decision when it comes to my life.” He chuckles. “One set of parents down, one more to go. How do you think your parents are going to react?”

“My dad is going to be fucking ecstatic.” I chuckle. “He loves you, honestly. You might have seriously replaced Gunner as favorite boyfriend.”

“And your mom?”

“She’s harder to read.” I admit, sighing. “She’ll probably think I’m crazy. But once I explain the long engagement, she might understand. She likes you. You made a good impression when you punched out Ashley.” Douglas lets out a chuckle before leaning down and placing a kiss on my lips before pulling away. “What was that?”

“Do I need a reason to kiss my future wife?” He smirks before kissing me again, this time with more urgency and need…

**

A few hours later, I wake up to the sound of War Child by Hollywood Undead coming through my phone. A groan escapes my lips as I answer it, “what the fuck do you want Deal?”

“Did you see what your dad just posted on twitter?”

“No, I’ve been sleeping.” I reply, sitting up in bed causing a groan to escape Douglas’ lips. “And is it really that important that you need to call me?”

“Your dad went on a rate talking about how his kids don’t have morals and how when you guys break something, you don’t care because you’ll get something new. Then Brandon replied saying something along the lines of ”You need to be around to be a dad big guy”. Then he exposed Brandon’s rehab bill and everything. What is going on with your family?”

“Long story.” I sigh. “Just know, things haven’t been exactly right with Brandon and Dad since Brandon allegedly beat the shit out of Dad.” This statement gets the attention of my very tired fiance. “I know it’s a shitshow, but what would you like me to do? I’m in London.”

“You’re the only one they both listen to.” Michelle sighs. “Can’t you do something?”

“They’re grown ass adults,” I exclaim. “And I’m done being stuck between them. I’ve been bewteen them for years. I’m tired. They can work out their issues.”

“Do you really think this’ll be good press for the upcoming movie?” She suggests. “Your boyfriend and new found friends have worked their asses off. Do you really want that to go to waste?”

“It’s a Motley fucking Crue movie; no press is bad press at this point.” I counter. “Brandon and Dad will figure shit out; they always do. I’m not cutting my trip short to play ref to yet another Lee Family brawl.” I hang up the phone and let out a frustrated groan.

“So what’s going on?” Douglas asks. “Everything okay back in L.A?”

“Just Lee family fucking issues.” I groan out a response as I massage my temples. “You sure you want to marry into this fucking shitshow of a family?”

“I’m more sure every time I look at you.” He assures me. “I know your family; they aren’t going to scare me off. I’m not like most of the “good guys” you’ve dated. I may not be a rocker with tattoos but seriously, you’re family doesn’t scare me. So tell me what’s going on and start with Brandon beating the shit out of Tommy.”

“Allegedly.” I add, earning a smirk from Douglas. So I go into detail, starting with an interview Pam Anderson had and my dad’s response to it. She was talking about abuse in the household; abuse I vaguely remember. The only abuse incident I vividly remember was my dad trying to get at her while holding one of my baby brothers. But then again, I didn’t in with my dad fully until I was 16.

“So Tommy’s response wasn’t pleasant but did Brandon have to allegedly hit him?”

“Brandon is very protective of his mother.” I reply. “There are only three people Brandon will kill for. That’s Pam, Dylan and myself. You say something shitty about one of us, he’ll lose it. And Dad knows it.”

“So Tommy knows how to push his son’s buttons?”

“They are so much alike, it’s insane.” I chuckle. “All of us share some part of Tommy Lee’s personality. Thankfully Dylan didn’t inherit the anger problem. He’s also the only one that hasn’t had a stint in rehab.”

“I thought you didn’t have a drug problem.”

“Never said it was for drugs.” I tell him. “Like every other child of a rockstar, I’ve got my own personal demons that sometimes needs to be taken care of. Sometimes, you get sick of battling them on your own.”

“You’ll never have to do that again, I promise.” He assures me as he hands my hands in his, squeezing them in assurance. “And I think you should go back to L.A to help sort this out. Your family needs you. You should be with them.”

“They’re grown ass adults.” I remind him. “They can figure this out on their own for once. And besides, you’re going to be my family too. I rather stay here in London with you. And I don’t like being away from you.”

“I’ll be there shortly after you; I’ll just have to rearrange some meetings before I can go.” He states. “I promise, it’ll be a short time apart. And plus, I rather break the news of engagement to them in person than over Facetime.”

“What did I do to deserve you?” I ask him. “You’re amazing.”

“Not as amazing as you.” He smiles before planting a sweet kiss on my lips. “Come on, let’s go get you a plane ticket home. Your Dad and brother need you…”
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Sex Metal Barbie by In This Moment

comment&subscribe? I'm thinking this'll only have a few more chapters then it'll be sequel time! What do you think is going to happen. Or more importantly, what would you like to happen?

Image
So adorable!