Sequel: Devil with Angel Eyes

Starry Eyes

We loved with every step we take, I'll be okay

“Okay so where is loverboy?” Ashley asks as he slides up next to me at Paradise City. “Shouldn’t he be here with you?”

“He’s in London taking care of a few things.” I reply. “But why do you care Ash?”

“He asks you to marry him but sends you home to deal with family drama while he lives it up partying in London with a ton of girls surrounding him.”

“I dated you, remember?” I ask him. “I’m used to girls flocking towards my boyfriend. It sadly comes with the territory of dating someone famous. So if you are trying to get me to feel insecure in my relationship with my fiance, it’s not working.”

“I’m just looking out for Nikki.” He throws his hands up defense. “I see the way you look at this guy. I would hate for him to break your heart. You’d be devastated.”

“I survived you breaking up with me countless of times, Ash.” I remind him. “I’ll live. Trust me. A boy breaking my heart isn’t something I’m going to curl up in a ball and die over. I’ve learned from a young age that a man isn’t my key to happiness. Boys come and go sadly. I’ve learned that all too well, especially with you.” I get up off the couch both of us are sitting on and look down at Ashley. “I want to thank you.”

“For what?”

“For showing me exactly what a man shouldn’t do to a woman’s heart.” I smile at him. “So again, thank you. If it wasn’t for you treating me like shit, I wouldn’t have even looked at Douglas.” With that I walk towards the bar where Brittany is talking with Kendall and Ben.

“So what did Ashley want?” Kendall asks as I slip on the barstool next to her. “Need me to kick his ass? I’m sure his pretty face could stand to be black and blue again.”

I let out a chuckle. “No, we’re good. I actually thanked him for treating me like shit.”

“And why would you do that?” Ben raises his eyebrow. “You do remember the benders you would go on when he broke up with you right?”

“Him constantly breaking up with me and breaking my heart made me want to change types of guys. It made me look at a guy like Douglas in a different light. Now I’m happily engaged and actually looking forward to a future with a guy that’s nothing like every guy I dated.”

“So no more dating rockstars?” Kendall asks.

“No more dating period.” I smile. “I think I found my happily ever after…”

**

“Thank you for helping me work on this song.” I tell Nikki as I walk into his house. “I mean it’s inspired by you so it would be weird if you didn’t help me.”

“Since when does Nikkole Lee need help working on a song?” He smirks. “Especially from a member of Motley Crue?”

“Since I’m stuck in my head and I’m suffering from major writer’s block.” I admit. “This EP is important to me; especially since all the songs on it are inspired by the men in my life.”

“Do you have a title for the EP?”

“Nope!” I smirk. “That’s another thing the almighty Nikki Sixx can help me with! You’re amazing and awesome and you love me a lot. It’s your duty as Godfather to help your Goddaughter out with music.”

“What’s the title for the song inspired by me?” He asks.

“Keep in mind, it’s only partially inspired by you. It combines both of our dirty habits.” I inform him. “The song is called Black Tar and Nicotine..”

He looks at me thoughtfully before a huge smile appears on his face. “Come on, let’s get this song out and ready for the masses.” I squeal before tackling him in a hug. He’s seriously the best.

**

Raised myself for a million lies// I could sell religion to Jesus Christ..” Nikki sings back to me before stopping. “Damn I fucking love that line.”

“Aw thank you kind sir.” I chuckle. “But seriously, what are your thoughts on the song, now that you’ve helped me?”

“I love it.” He answers. “I’m so proud of you.”

I’m about to say something when my phone goes off next to me. The room is filled with my notification tone which just so happens to be from Llamas with Hats. The text was from Colson.

You and Doug broke up? The text message reads.

“What the fuck? No. Why would you think that?

Instead of replying, he sends me a picture of Douglas and his ex girlfriend Bel. Both of them are kissing in the latest picture on Douglas’ instagram. It was very recent because he’s wearing the leather jacket I bought him.

Looking at the picture I can feel my heart tighten as tears begin to form in my eyes as well as a lump in my throat. Nikki looks at me with a wave of concern showing on his face.

“You okay baby girl?” I shake my head before showing him the picture. He looks up from the picture and it’s hard to read his expression. “It’s probably an old picture. There is nothing for you to worry about.”

“That’s the leather jacket I bought him once The Dirt wrapped.” I tell him. “And even if it was an old picture, why post an old picture of you kissing an ex? Especially when you have a fiancee waiting for you in L.A?” Nikki puts my phone down on the table before moving over and pulls me into a hug. I just bury my face in his chest and start crying. “Why do I bother getting my hopes up when it comes to guys?”

“You’re a romantic like your dad.” He replies. “And you thought Doug would be different. Hell all of us thought that.”

I pull away from Nikki and I take off the ring and toss it onto the table. “I think I won’t have a problem with writer's block anymore.” I sadly say. “I can’t believe he would do this.”

“He was probably drunk.” Nikki suggests. “I know it doesn’t make matters better but I don’t think he would hurt you sober; especially knowing how protected you are.”

“Yea when Gunner finds out, there will be no holding him back.”

“And you can’t forget your brothers.” Nikki chuckles. “But come, let’s head out for a bit. We’ll get your head clear and then we’ll work on the perfect fuck you song.”

“Thanks.” I offer him a weak smile. “Your the best Godfather a girl can ask for.”

“I love ya, kiddo.” He tells me. “I may have treated women like shit, but I’ll hurt anyone that hurts you, Storm and Frankie. You girls deserve the world. Now come on, let’s get some ice cream.” I can’t help but to chuckle. Growing up, that was always the one way Nikki could get me to feel better. I just smile before I allow him to lift me up off the couch and off to his car.

I can’t believe this is happening…
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: I'll Be Okay by Nothing More

lyric credit: Black Tar and Nicotine by Dorothy.

comment&subscribe? This is all part of my master plan for the sequel.