Sequel: Devil with Angel Eyes

Starry Eyes

If loves like a war then I'm not the pacifist

FWD ONE WEEK

“You’ve got it bad, Nikki Lovey.” Brittany chuckles over Lonely For Me by Dirty Heads. “I haven’t even you this smitten over a guy. Not even Ashley.”

“Doug is just...different then any of the guys I’ve dated.” I smile before taking a sip of my beer. “He treats me as if I’m the only girl in the world that matters.”

“And that’s how it should be.” Kendall says as she and Michelle walk out back to the pool with me and Brittany. Both have drinks in hand. “Don’t get me wrong, I love Ashley like a brother but he treated you like shit. He’s nothing but a womanizer; he doesn’t know what a decent relationship is. I don’t think he’s ever been in one. Which is why he freaks out whenever you two get to the point where you guys are really serious.”

“You’re better off without Purdy.” Michelle states. “All of us are getting sick of the way he treats you. You should just tell him to fuck off; especially after how he treated you when he saw you on your date with Doug.”

“Ash has always been my drug of choice.” I admit with a sigh. “I don’t know how not to be around him without wanting to jump his bones. I don’t know how to be friends with him.”

“Maybe you aren’t meant to be friends with him.” Kendall suggests. “I know you have a good track record when it comes to remaining friends with exes but maybe this is an ex you can’t be friends with.”

“It’s just gonna suck because I’m friends with all his friends. We run in the same friend group. It’s gonna be awkward as fuck to be around the same group of friends.”

“You better not leave me,” Kendall warns. “I need girl time, it sucks being the only girl in that group of boys. I need a life vest or I’ll drown in a sea of testosterone.”

“Don’t worry, not even Ashley Purdy can come in between us.” I smile over to Kendall. “You’re stuck with me Kenny.”

“Your dad actually really likes Doug.” Brittany notes. “I’ve never heard him talk about a guy like that before; especially any of your boyfriends. And I know you always seek your father’s approval whenever you date someone. Which is why I don’t understand how you and Ashley lasted as long as you guys have. Tommy hates Ashley.”

“It was the only thing I could do that would be a guaranteed way to piss off Tommy Lee.” I shrug. “Most kids turn to drugs to piss off their parents or even rock music. But my dad is Tommy fucking Lee, he’s done every drug known to man and is the drummer of the most notorious rock band. He couldn’t get pissed off at me without being a fucking hypocrite.”

“How many boyfriends have gotten the Tommy Lee Stamp of Approval?” Brittany asks. “I’m curious.”

“Doug and Gunner, that’s it.” I reply. “My dad always said no one is good enough for me. He also doesn’t want me to date guys like him. He wants me to date a guy that’ll treat me like a goddess and worship the ground I walk on. He knows he’s done some shitty things to women in the past, and he’s afraid I’ll be like those women and allow men to treat me like shit. He’s afraid I’ll get another boyfriend like my college sweetheart.”

“What does your other half think about Douglas?” Michelle asks. “Gunner’s approval is just as important as Tommy’s, maybe even more so.”

“No it goes Tommy’s approval, Nikki’s approval then Gunner’s approval.” Kendall laughs. “You can forget that Nikkole seeks out Nikki’s approval just as much as her father’s.”

“The three most important men in my life have all given Douglas their stamp of approvals.” I smile. “Nikki offered to kick Doug’s ass but then said he didn’t want to because he’s playing him. But the threat was still there.”

“And what does Doug think about your friendship with Gunner?” Brittany asks. “Does he know everything?”

“He knows everything.” I reply. “And he was constantly asking if him dating me was going to ruin anything with me and Gun.”

“I can’t believe you told him everything.” Kendall gapes. “It took knowing you 2 ½ years before you told me everything. And you’ve know this guy less than a month. You must really like him.”

“He’s different. I feel so comfortable around him. I can’t explain it.”

“You’re in love.” Brittany smiles. “You’re finally in love with someone. This isn’t about sex or pissing off your dad in any way. You’re actually falling for this guy. And it’s something beautiful; don’t run away from this Nikkole.”

“Yea, don’t run back to Ashley.” Kendall pleas.

“Or I’ll kick your ass.” Michelle adds. “I love you and all but you can’t go back to that douche canoe.”

“You guys really hate me being with Ashley don’t you?”

“YES!” All three woman scream out at the same time, causing me to laugh. I love these girls. I’d be lost without them...
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Lonely For Me by Dirty Heads

comment&subscribe? Our girl Nik is smitten. What do you want to see happen when Nik and Michelle head to New Orleans to be there for the shooting of the movie?