‹ Prequel: A Hidden Kindness
Sequel: Queen of the Banished

A King and A Girl

Chapter 1

After the proposal, things moved quickly for Rabia and Ganondorf. They were getting married on March 15th, which had only given them nine days since the proposal to prepare. Rabia’s friends and family were helping them plan a traditional Hylian wedding, and Ganondorf’s most trusted advisors were helping them plan the Gerudo ceremony. Both would be on the same day, only hours apart. Since their attentions were needed in both places at once, the couple found themselves apart more often than not. In fact, they hadn’t been in the same kingdom since the day after the proposal.
Rabia’s carriage pulled up to the castle gates around dinner time. She stepped out into the cobblestone courtyard and smiled as Zelda ran over to greet her.

“Rabia!” Zelda smiled and hugged her. “How was your trip?”

“Long,” Rabia said, returning the hug.

“You got your cast off!” Zelda gasped. She pulled away from her friend and took her previously injured hand, looking over it speculatively. “That’s great!”

“Yeah,” Rabia smiled. “It’s a little sore and stiff, but I can finally use it. Oh, thanks for the carriages, by the way. Riding back and forth every day would be killer without them.”

“Oh, it’s my pleasure,” Zelda said. She looped her arm through Rabia’s and led her inside. “You arrived with perfect timing, we were about to sit down for dinner.”

“Dinner sounds great, I’m starving,” Rabia answered. Zelda pushed open the doors of the dining hall. Kaikoura and Link were having a heated debate over the best type of breads. Saul and Petra were there, trying to wrangle their boys into eating, and Rob and Sheik were talking about meditation.

“Hey guys, Rabia’s here!” Zelda cheered and steered Rabia inside.

“Sissy!” Chase ran over and wrapped his arms and legs around Rabia’s knees.

“Hey, Chase,” Rabia said. “You saw me two days ago, bud. You can’t have missed me that much.” He smiled and kissed her knee, then let go and ran off giggling while an exasperated Petra chased after him. Rabia settled in on the end of the bench, between Kaikoura and Zelda, and across from Link.

“Hey Rabia,” Link said through a mouthful of food. “Tell Kaikoura that the superior bread is clearly rye.”

“Hell no! It’s definitely French bread,” Kaikoura said. Zelda sighed and leaned forward in her chair.

“This has been going on all day,” she groaned. “Can’t you two both agree that all bread is good and let it go?”

“Absolutely not!” Link cried.

“No way!” Kaikoura answered.

“I think the best bread is Italian bread,” Rabia said. The two gasped and looked at her, clearly betrayed.

“I’m going to say that’s a point to French bread,” Kaikoura said after a moment.

“What?! Those are two COMPLETELY different breads!” Like cried in dismay. Zelda let out a deep sigh as the two started bickering again. Rabia shook her head.

“They’ve been debating bread all day?” she asked.

“Yeah, it started when we went with Ganondorf to the brunch food tastings. The foods he picked will complement your choices wonderfully, and luckily he didn’t have such hold ups over bread choices,” Zelda shook her head. “He chose pumpkin.”

“You know what? I take it back. Pumpkin bread is the best bread,” Rabia nodded and stifled a yawn. Link and Kaikoura turned to look at her, appalled.

“Pumpkin bread isn’t even real bread! It has a vegetable in it!” Link cried.

“Technically pumpkins are fruits,” Rabia said.

“Really?” Kaikoura asked. “Huh.”

“Psh, next you’ll be telling us that tomatoes are fruits,” Link rolled his eyes.

“Link… they are…” Rabia said. Link shook his head slowly.

“My whole life… has been a lie…” he stared down at his lap, lost in thought. Rabia stifled another yawn and rested her head in her hands.

“Rabia, why don’t you go ahead to bed?” Zelda said. “You’ll need your rest for dress shopping tomorrow!”

“Sleep is good…” Rabia nodded. “Yeah, I’m going to bed. Goodnight, guys.” She waved and headed upstairs to her usual room.

“At least she ended the bread debate,” Sheik said. Zelda nodded in agreement.

“Rye bread!” Link cried.

“No, French!” Zelda sighed and hung her head in defeat.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy this silly little interlude! But don't worry, Part 2 is coming soon and it's full of more drama ;) stay tuned for chapter 2!

OCs: Rabia (main character/Ganondorf's fiancee); Kaikoura (Rabia's BFF/Sheik's wife); Saul (Rabia's father); Petra (Rabia's step-mother); Chase (Rabia's youngest brother); Rob (Rabia's older brother)