‹ Prequel: A Hidden Kindness
Sequel: Queen of the Banished

A King and A Girl

Chapter 4

March 12


The next day in Castle Town was rather uneventful for Rabia. She spent the morning picking up Ganondorf’s wedding band from the jewelers, and was now sitting in Kaikoura’s house in front of a mirror while Kaikoura fussed over her hair.

“I think a low up-do would be nice. Maybe with that comb you got for your birthday?” she asked, twisting a few strands into place. “What do you think?”

“It’d be nice to use that comb for something,” Rabia hummed.

“If you don’t want an updo, we can always try a side-swept kind of thing.” Kaikoura continued pinning her hair up.

“I don’t have a preference,” Rabia shrugged. “It depends on how much time we’ll have in the morning. It’s going to be up for the desert wedding so the side-swept thing would be different.” Kaikoura hummed and unpinned her hair.

“Let me think… since it’s going to be up later, you’ll want as little hairspray as possible in the morning, but you’ll still want it pulled back...” She pulled Rabia’s hair back into a simple, half-up hairstyle and after pinning it in place, added the comb. “If we do this when your hair is still wet your curls won’t get frizzy… we’ll just need to spray down the flyaways,” Kaikoura nodded. “What do you think?”

“It looks amazing, Kaik,” Rabia smiled.

“Great! Now we have to do makeup,” Kaikoura said. Rabia sighed.

~ VAATISPURPLEBUTTVAATISPURPLEBUTTVAATISPURPLEBUTT ~


Ganondorf was also having an uneventful day in the valley. He, too, had picked up Rabia’s wedding band and was finalizing the choices on the wedding decor. Aveil was trying to push him towards one color scheme, while Nabooru was pushing for another. After five solid minutes of the two of them bickering, he sighed.

“Just do purple and gold. They’re Rabia’s favorite colors, and the ceremony is at sunset - it’ll look nice. Maybe throw in pinks and oranges,” he said.

“Sunset colors?” Nabooru asked.

“Yes. Especially if it gets you two to stop bickering,” he rubbed his temples.

“That… sounds beautiful. Why didn’t we think of that?” Aveil asked. Ganondorf dropped his head down on his desk as the two looped arms and chattered excitedly as they walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
OCs: Rabia (main character/Ganondorf's fiancee); Kaikoura (Rabia's BFF/Sheik's wife)