‹ Prequel: A Hidden Kindness
Sequel: Queen of the Banished

A King and A Girl

Chapter 5

March 13


“Remind me why we’re wearing shorts?” Rabia asked. Rabia, Zelda, and Kaikoura were sitting in a carriage wrapped up in blankets and sweaters. It was was early spring, but there was still snow on the ground and a cold nip in the air.

“If we tell you, it’ll ruin the surpriiiise!” Zelda sang. “Don’t worry, it’ll be fun! Kaikoura planned this part - you’re going to love it.”

“Yeah, it’s gonna be great!” Kaikoura gave her a thumbs up.

“Okay, I trust you guys. It’s just so COLD!” Rabia shivered. Zelda covered Rabia’s eyes as the carriage came to a stop. “Oh. Well, we’re doing this now.”

“Come on!” Zelda grinned. Kaikoura hopped out first and the two of them guided Rabia out of the carriage. A bell jingled over Rabia’s head and then she was led into a well-heated building. The door closed behind them with a muffled thump and a heavy incense washed over them as the biting wind was cut off. “Okay, ready?” Zelda uncovered Rabia’s eyes before she could answer.

They were in a large room illuminated with lamps draped with red fabrics, which cast the room in a dusky red glow. The room had ten, well spaced metal poles running from the floor to the ceiling, some of which were slowly spinning. A young woman similarly dressed in shorts and a crop top entered the room through a curtain in the back of the hall.

“You must be the bachelorette party. Welcome!” She gestured them further into the room. “Now… who’s the bride-to-be?”

“Me,” Rabia said. The woman smiled.

“My name is Loella. I teach fitness pole dancing - your party signed up for a private class,” she said. “Go ahead and take off your shoes, and we’ll get started.”

The group passed the hour learning simple pole dancing tricks, cheering each other on as they danced. They left the building laughing and sweaty, then made their way back to the carriage.
“That was more fun than I expected,” Rabia said as she settled between her two friends.

“I knew you’d like it,” Kaikoura grinned. “But we aren’t done partying yet.” The carriage pulled up to one of Castle Town’s most exclusive clubs. The girls spent the evening partying with some of Rabia’s band friends, then returned to the Castle for a drunken slumber party.

~ VAATISPURPLEBUTTVAATISPURPLEBUTTVAATISPURPLEBUTT ~


“Ganondorf!” Aveil burst into his office excitedly. Ganondorf paused, pen hovering over a pile of papers on his desk. When it was clear she wasn’t going to say anything else, he set his pen down and sighed.

“...Aveil?” he raised an eyebrow. “What is it?”

“Come with me!” she said.

“I’m busy right now, Aveil. This paperwork needs to get done.”

“Psh, just leave it for Nabooru to do while you’re on your honeymoon. Come ooon!” She grabbed his arm and pulled. He rolled his eyes but obliged her. She led him outside, where a large fire had been lit. Music was playing, and people were dancing and drinking. Ganondorf turned to look at Aveil.

“What are we celebrating?” he asked.

“This is your bachelor party!” Aveil said. “Forget about the paperwork and come join in the fun!” Ganondorf wavered.

“Well… I guess it can wait,” he said. Aveil cheered and pulled him into the party.
♠ ♠ ♠
OCs: Rabia (main character/Ganondorf's fiance); Kaikoura (Rabia's BFF/Sheik's wife); Loella (pole dance teacher)