‹ Prequel: A Hidden Kindness
Sequel: Queen of the Banished

A King and A Girl

Chapter 6

March 14


Rabia arrived in Gerudo Valley early the next morning, exhausted, hungover, and a little bit cranky. Ganondorf wasn’t feeling quite as bad - he didn’t have to travel, so he had been able to sleep in. As soon as Rabia exited the carriage, she was whisked off by some women she didn’t know into the fortress. She was unceremoniously shoved into a room, dressed in her wedding clothes, and measured for the final fit. As the tailors shoved her back out of the rooms, chattering to themselves, Rabia bumped into a large and familiar chest.

“Oof.” She blinked.

“Rabia,” Ganondorf smiled at her and swept her up into a warm hug. Rabia wrapped her arms around him and pressed her face into his chest.

“Hey,” she mumbled. She stood up on her toes and kissed him.

“Hi,” he chuckled. “You seem tired. Long night?” he pushed her hair back from her face and cupped her cheek.

“Mhm. Had to get up early to get here on time,” she kissed his palm.

“How’d your fitting go?” Ganondorf asked. He wrapped an arm around her waist and started leading her through the halls.

“Good,” Rabia stifled a yawn. They stepped back outside and she frowned. “Where are we going?” she asked. Ganondorf looked down at her with an amused smile.

“To the carriage, sa mewadala,” he said. “We have to go back to Castle Town for the other final fittings.”

“But I just got heeeere,” Rabia whined. Ganondorf opened the carriage door and helped her in, then climbed in after her.

“I know, sunlizi, but this is the last thing we have to do before tomorrow, and then we can take a break.” He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her close.

Sunlizi - I haven’t heard that one before,” she hummed and curled up against his side. “What’s it mean?”

“Lovely one.” Ganondorf kissed the top of her head. Rabia blushed. “Why don’t you take a nap while we travel? You look like you could use it,” he said. Rabia nodded in agreement, and soon dozed off.

~ VAATISPURPLEBUTTVAATISPURPLEBUTTVAATISPURPLEBUTT ~


They arrived in Castle Town a little bit before lunch. This time, they were swept off to rooms on opposite sides of the castle. These fittings were longer, but soon they were lead to the dining hall. Zelda, Kaikoura, Link, and Sheik were almost finished with their lunch.

“Rabia!” Zelda waved her friend over. Rabia sat down next to her friend and Ganondorf settled into place beside her.

“Hey, Zelda. What’s up?” she asked. Zelda shrugged.

“Nothing, really. There’s nothing left to do for the wedding so we were all debating on what to do after lunch,” she smiled.

“We should definitely play Just Dance,” Kaikoura said with a nod.

“Nooo, we should go hiking!” Link said.

“Or we could stay here and read a nice book…” Sheik added.

“I don’t think Link knows how to read,” Rabia snarked. Kaikoura choked on her water and stifled her laugh in her hands. Ganondorf turned his face away to hide his grin. Link gave Rabia an affronted look.

“I can… I can read!” he said. Rabia raised an eyebrow. “You haven’t even been here five minutes and you’re already being mean.” She shrugged.

“Yeah, I thought you’d be used to this by now, to be honest.” Link scowled and picked up a pea from his plate, then flicked it at her. “Hey! Do you wanna start this, Link?!” She started to stand, but stilled when Zelda set a hand on her arm.

“No. No, no, no. Knock it off, you two. No food fights right before the wedding, okay?” she patted Rabia’s arm. Rabia sat down with a sigh.

“Okay… but can I punch him?” Rabia asked.

“No!” Zelda said. “You might bruise your hand.” Link threw his hands up and Ganondorf let out a snort of laughter.

“Oh, that’s why she shouldn’t punch me?!” he cried. Zelda looked at him with her head tilted.

“Oh! And you might bruise his face,” she added. Link sighed despairingly.

“Yeah, you don’t want to make Zelda look bad at the wedding with a hideously bruised face,” Kaikoura added.

“Wow, glad to see you’re all on my side…” Link grumbled. Rabia grinned.

“All of those ideas sound fun. I mean, except the hiking part,” she started. Link grumbled to himself. “But I think Ganondorf and I are going to… kind of not do anything. For several hours. Yeah?” she looked up at Ganondorf. He nodded.

“Yeah. Nothing. For several hours,” he grinned lasciviously. Rabia flushed and he laughed.

“Eww, TMI!” Kaikoura cried. Zelda wrinkled her nose and nodded in agreement.

“... I don’t get it,” Link said. Sheik turned to look at his friend incredulously.

“Really, Link?” he asked. Link was about to retort, but Rabia cut him off.

“That isn’t what I meant and he knows it!” Rabia elbowed Ganondorf’s side lightly.

“Yeah, yeah. I haven’t seen you all week and you’re cute when you blush,” he wrapped an arm around her shoulders. She shook her head.

“Alright, well I think we’re going to hang out. Maybe play Just Dance like Kaikoura suggested,” Zelda said. “So we’ll be around if you don’t want to do nothing for several hours. Otherwise, I suppose we’ll see you tonight for dinner,” she smiled and stood. The four of them left the room, chatting amicably with each other. Rabia and Ganondorf finished their meal and headed up to Rabia’s room for some desperately needed rest.
♠ ♠ ♠
OCs: Rabia (main character/Ganondorf's fiancee); Kaikoura (Rabia's BFF/Sheik's wife)