‹ Prequel: A Hidden Kindness
Sequel: Queen of the Banished

A King and A Girl

Chapter 7

March 15


The next morning was a blur. Ganondorf and Rabia woke at dawn and were ushered to separate rooms to get ready for the ceremony. From then on it was showering, hair and makeup, getting dressed, and the next thing Rabia knew she was standing in her dressing room, waiting for the procession to start. Zelda and Kaikoura were chattering away together and peaking out into the hallway where the rest of the wedding party was waiting, but Rabia didn’t hear a thing they said.

“Shit,” she said quietly. “Shit, fuck, shit, what the hell am I doing!?” Her friends chattering stopped as they turned to stare at her.

“I swear to the goddesses, Rabia… if I got up early this morning for you to back out because you’re a fucking chicken, I will kill you,” Kaikoura said. Zelda gave her a harsh look, then turned to Rabia.

“Hey, don’t freak out, Rabia,” she said soothingly. “It’ll be okay. He loves you… you love him, right?” she asked. Rabia nodded. “Okay, see? Nothing to worry about.”

“You told me the same thing the last time I was in this position, Zelda,” Rabia said. “What if… what if he’s just using me? How do I know he’s not lying?” Rabia asked.

“He’s not Finn,” Zelda said. “Has he ever lied to you, or done something that made you feel unsafe?” Rabia hesitated as her thoughts drifted back to November. Kaikoura frowned.

“Rabia, if he’s ever done anything to you, we won’t stop you from walking away from this,” Kaikoura said. “But if he hasn’t… I think leaving would be a mistake.” Rabia took a deep breath.

“You’re-you’re right. I’m being silly,” she said. “He’s not Finn.” Zelda smiled at her encouragingly, and then the music started. “Oh! It’s time. Are you ready?” she asked. Rabia took another deep breath and nodded.

“As I’ll ever be.” Zelda poked her head out of the doorway until Perla started the procession down the aisle. Once she was seated, she was followed shortly by Ganondorf and Rob, who took their places at the altar. Zelda kissed Rabia’s cheek and Kaikoura squeezed her hand, then they slipped out of the dressing room and headed up the aisle to take their own places. Saul stepped into the room once they left and took Rabia’s hand.

“You look beautiful,” he said as he pulled her into a gentle hug. “Are you ready?” Rabia nodded and returned the hug.

“I’m ready,” she said. Saul took a deep breath and peeked out the door.

“They’re lining up your brothers now,” he said. “I think we can wait in the foyer, if we’re careful not to be seen.” He led her out to the entry hall where her brothers were bouncing excited as they waited.

Chase was clutching a basket of flowers and Lance was focusing on balancing wedding bands on a poofy red pillow. Cash waved at her excitedly as the the doors opened for them, causing a small laugh to ripple through the guests who had turned to watch. Sheik and Link led them down the aisle and, once the rings were handed off, to their seats. Saul took Rabia’s hand and led her down the aisle.

All eyes turned to her as she walked down the aisle, but she hardly noticed the attention - she only had eyes for Ganondorf, and he only had eyes for her. At the altar, Saul nodded to Ganondorf once before releasing Rabia, then took his seat. Rabia handed her flowers to Kaikoura and the priest began to speak.

“Friends, we are gathered here under the eyes of the goddesses to witness and bless the joining of Ganondorf Dragmire and Rabia Hudson in marriage…” Ganondorf was grinning almost stupidly and Rabia would have laughed, except she was certain that her expression mirrored his.

“Rabia,” the priest started. She blinked and turned her attention to him. “Will you have Ganondorf to be your husband, to live together in holy marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall
live?”

“I will.”

“Ganondorf, will you have Rabia to be your wife, to live together in holy marriage? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?”

“I will.” The priest smiled and turned to the people.

“Let us pray. We praise the goddesses for their presence with us, and especially in this act of solemn promise…” As everyone bowed their heads, Rabia caught Rob’s eye behind Ganondorf’s shoulder. He made a face at her, and she had to hold her breath to keep from laughing. Ganondorf peeked up and raised an eyebrow at her, and she shook her head slightly. “...Farore, may you bless this couple with the courage to keep the sacred promise they make to one another today, and for the rest of their lives. Din, may you provide them with power and strength in their holy bond. Nayru, may you bless them with wisdom, so they may overcome any obstacle on this path. May the goddesses guide and teach this couple in all that they do, and bless this holy union.”

It was a beautiful ceremony. Ganondorf and Rabia only had eyes for each other as they said their vows and exchanged their rings. The priest began another prayer, while the excitement mounted in the room.

“May the goddesses bless this couple as they face life together in this world. Bless Ganondorf and Rabia as they assume their duties and privileges in their roles as husband and wife. Give them courage and strength of mind, body, and spirit to fulfill these tasks. Give them wisdom for the great decisions of life that are before them and their family. Ganondorf, Rabia,” he looked at each of them in turn. “You may now kiss one another.” A cheer erupted as the two embraced one another, and the priest announced, “I introduce to you, for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Dragmire.”

Ganondorf and Rabia hurried back down the aisle to the carriage that was waiting for them. There was going to be a reception, but they had to make it back to the valley and were unable to stay. Zelda followed them out and handed them food for the road with a wink, and then the carriage was off.
♠ ♠ ♠
OCs: Rabia (main character/Ganondorf's wife); Kaikoura (Rabia's BFF/Sheik's wife); Finn (Rabia's ex - see Part 1); Saul (Rabia's father); Chase (Rabia's youngest brother); Lance (Rabia's younger brother); Rob (Rabia's older brother);