Ocean Breathes Salty

Introduction.

The song ended and the Arizona crowd erupted with cheer and applause. The air was thick with the smell of body odor. Security at the front of the stage peered into the crowd from behind the barricades, making sure all attendees were safe after the mosh pit that broke out during the last song.

John stood behind his mic stand. He wiped several beads of sweat from his head with his forearm.

“So my girlfriend is here tonight,” John said into the microphone. Some girls from the crowd screamed out of jealousy. “I’m going to need her to come out here for a second.”

John looked over to the side of the stage where Hannah stood in a short pink dress. He motioned for her to join him on stage.

Hannah held a confused expression on her face and shook her head, laughing. She turned to her best friend, Meadow, with a questioning look.

Meadow didn’t say anything. She shrugged and rolled her eyes at another one of John’s antics.

“Come on, Hannah,” John said, eagerly.

As Hannah took her first step out onto the stage, John’s heart raced. Hannah cupped her hands around her eyes for a moment as they readjusted to the blaring lights above them. Once she reached John, she widened her eyes at him as if to say “what are you doing!”.

John smiled and took a deep breath, pulling his earpiece out. John took one of her hands in his and with the other hand held the microphone up to his mouth. “Hannah,” he started. “You are my best friend. I didn't want to leave for another tour before asking you a very important question.”

John got down on one knee and set the microphone on the ground in front of him. The speakers screeched for a second from mic feedback as the crowd in front of them went crazy. Hannah pulled her hands up over her mouth as John reached into his back pocket.

“Hannah,” John yelled over the noise so only she could hear, “Will you marry me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm 26 and I don't really listen to The Maine much anymore, but I remembered how much of a creative outlet writing was for me, even if I don't think I was ever great at it. I'm still sticking to The Maine since this is what all of my old stories are as well on here, so it's just easier. Don't really know if anyone will read this or whatever, and I don't really care. Just want to have that creative outlet back in my life. Thanks