Status: Work in Progress

Sun-Kissed

The First Time

I spent all night trying to think of what to tell my mom. I couldn’t tell her the truth, that I was spending the night at Owen’s house because I knew that she would know what was going to happen and never let me go. I decided that I would tell her that I was going to spend the night with Robbie. In the morning, before I even brushed my teeth I texted Robbie. I told him everything and he agreed to cover for me.
At breakfast, my mom was too tired to cook again. She was doing better with her depression because she was seeing a doctor who prescribed her some medication, but she still had her off days. We all ended up having cereal with toast. As we were eating, I decided to bring it up to my mom. I was nervous, but I was trying to play it off.
“Mom, if it’s ok I’m going to spend the weekend with Robbie.”
She was sitting next to me at the table and Lorena was sitting on the other side of me. They both looked at me. My mother nodded.
“Of course, mijo,” she responded.
“Thanks, mom,” I answered.
Lorena gave me a suspicious look like she knew what I was up to. I half expected her to blow it, but she never did. After breakfast, I went to my room to pack my backpack for the weekend. I was trying to decide what to pack when Lorena walked into my room.
“Don’t forget to pack condoms.” She exclaimed while hopping onto my bed.
“Oh my god, shut the fuck up!”
“I know you’re not going to Robbie’s. You were way too formal with that question. If you were really going to Robbie’s you would have just told her you’re going.”
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I was still trying to play it off.
“Listen, I was your age not too long ago, little bro. You don’t think I ever told mom and dad that I was spending the night at Jessica’s house and really went to go spend the night with Riley?”
I rolled my eyes and sat beside her on my bed. “Okay, you’re right. Please don’t tell mom.”
“Relax I’m not gonna tell mom about your night of hot sex with your boyfriend.”
I pushed her playfully. “Ugh, don’t say that. I don’t even know what’s going to happen.”
“You’re spending the night with your boyfriend, what else do you think is gonna happen?”
“Lori, I’ve never had sex. I don’t even know if I’m ready.”
She sat up, very sternly. “Wait, he’s not forcing you into this is he?”
“No, he asked me to spend the night and I agreed on my own.”
“Okay, but if he tries to force you, you get out of there and you call me right away. I’ll kick his fucking ass.”
“He’s not forcing me, Lori. He’s an amazing guy. He wouldn’t do that.”
“He’s a guy, Danny. You haven’t had a lot of experiences with guys, but trust me. Guys can seem nice and sweet and amazing, but then they turn on you.”
“I’m nervous, Lori.”
“Just relax and be yourself. Don’t do anything you’re not ready to do. If he’s as good a guy as you say he is, he’ll understand if you’re not ready.”

I had Robbie pick me up and take me to his house where Owen would pick me up. I felt like Robbie felt a little weird about it. He knew what Owen and I were going to do and I don’t think he knew how to talk about it. He would bring up random things like the newest video game or movie that he saw. He brought up anything as long as it wasn’t Owen, and I could tell he was a little uncomfortable.
“Robbie, are you okay with me and Owen?” I asked him while we waiting in his room for Owen to arrive.
“Why are you asking me this?”
“You just seem uncomfortable.”
He sighed. “I’m not a homophobe or anything, but I guess I never thought that I would feel this weird about you having sex with a dude.”
“Dude, it’s just sex. You’ve done it before right?”
“Once,” he answered. “That hardly makes me the expert.”
“I know but, it’s just like when you hooked up with Angela last year.”
“I guess you’re right. I think I actually might be feeling protective over you.”
“How?” I asked.
“I don’t know. You’re such a cool guy and I don’t want him to hurt you. He goes to that fancy school and once school starts, if you don’t get that scholarship, he’s gonna forget all about you. I know it.”
“I’m supposed to find out today actually. I got an email the other day that said I would get a phone call today to let me know if I won or not.”
“I know, I did too.”
“I hope we both get one.”
Just then was when I got the call. I was so nervous I almost let my cell phone go to voicemail. Robbie had to snap me out of it and answer my phone for me. Success! I got a scholarship. Now, I would be able to go to Shoreline and be with Owen. I was still set on surprising him on the first day of school even though something in the back of my mind told me that he wasn’t up for any surprises. Robbie got his call shortly after mine. He didn’t get a scholarship, but he didn’t not get a scholarship. They had told him that he was next on the waitlist if someone couldn’t accept theirs or if another spot opened. I could tell that he looked kind of sad about it.
“What’s up?”
“I was kind of hoping that I would get in too. What am I gonna do without you at school? I’ll be all alone.”
“Aww come on, you won’t be alone. You can hang out with Jesse and Adam.”
“Yeah, but they’re my backup friends for a reason. I don’t really really like them.”
“You’ll be fine. You’re not like me. People like you. And we can still see each other all the time.” Just then, my phone buzzed. It was Owen texting me that he was waiting outside. “Owen’s here. I have to go. Thanks for covering for me.”
“It’s no problem, man. Call me if you need me.”

Owen’s house was the richest house I had ever seen. It was super modern and boxy. There was a lot of white and it didn’t really look like anyone lived there. The house was kind of on a hill and when you went out to the backyard you could see the ocean in the distance. There was an enormous pool and they also had a hot tub. Owen told me about them and reminded me to pack a swimsuit so we could get in. I was expecting him to want to change right away and jump in the pool and he did, but he was super responsible and wanted to apply sunblock first. More responsible than any teenager that I knew, which kind of consisted of him, Robbie, and some of my cousins who were also around my age.
We changed into our suits, which we did in private because even though we were basically together we wanted that to be more of a surprise later on. When I came out he was putting sunblock on himself, spreading it all over his body. I almost got really excited and popped a boner, but I avoided it. When he saw me, he asked me to get his back. So I did. His back felt very muscular. It was similar to Robbie’s back which I knew because he would ask me to do the same when we went to the beach. But this felt different. It felt exciting. When I was done, he put some on my back. It was like nothing I had ever felt. I felt my face get fiery hot and a tingle in my pelvis.
When we were done with the sunblock, we got a running start and jumped right into the pool. We resurfaced right in front of each other, soaking wet. His jet black hair stuck onto his face. He wiped the hair from his face and swam closer to me. Without touching any other part of my body, he gave me the sweetest little peck on the lips. I smiled. Then suddenly I was underwater. He pushed me down. It became a fight of who could push who down. He won mostly because he was more athletic. I got him a couple of times, but I got the feeling that he was letting me win.
We got out because it was lunch time and we were hungry. All we did was make sandwiches, but he promised that he was going to make me an amazing dinner on the grill. We laid on his pool chairs eating our sandwiches, still relatively wet. We scooted our chairs together so it was like we were laying beside each other. When we were done, we just lay there, looking up at the sky and at each other. The silence between us was never uncomfortable. It was like we didn’t need to talk. We were just being and that was ok.
Eventually, we dried from just laying in the sun. That’s when we went inside. We were dry so we decided to just stay in our trunks. Owen wanted to watch a movie and he was hoping what he picked was something I hadn’t seen. He disappeared into his parents’ room for a minute and came back with a Blu-ray. It was a movie called The Descent. The cover of the movie gave away that it was a horror movie. I have never really done well with horror movies. He saw the worry on my face.
“What’s the matter, have you seen it already?” he asked.
“No...I’m just not a big fan of horror movies.”
“Oh…” His face fell.
“No, I just meant...they scare me.”
“Isn’t that the point?” He put his hand on my shoulder. “Just think of it as an excuse to hold on to me tight.”
I smiled and agreed to the movie. I sat on his couch which was more attractive than it was comfortable as Owen put the movie into the Blu-ray player. His tv was huge, way bigger than the tv in my living room. When he was done, he came and sat right next to me. I nestled up against him and wrapped both of my arms around his arm and rested my head on his shoulder. He started the movie. Needless to say, I was terrified the entire time. Every time I something would happen, I would jump and hold onto Owen tighter. When things would get especially gruesome, I would bury my face in his should. I could tell that Owen was laughing at how scared I was, but I didn’t really care. I was very comfortable around him.
When the movie was over it was finally time for him to make me dinner. He bought New York strip steaks with his allowance and put them on the grill. He also wrapped some potatoes in foil and put the steaks next to them. While the potatoes and steaks were cooking outside on the grill, I watched him inside of the kitchen as he sauteed carrot slices in butter. He was in his swim trunks and a full apron. He was so cute I could hardly handle it.
“So how many people know you like to cook?” I asked.
“My parents and you.”
“No one else?”
“No, I don’t think I would feel comfortable telling anyone. It just seems oddly personal.”
“Well, I’m glad you decided to share it with me.”
I came up behind him while he was at the stove and wrapped my arms around his waist. He stretched his head back and gave me a kiss. It felt so good to spend alone time with him without worrying about who was going to see us.
When the meal was finally done, we sat to eat it on the outdoor table that was beside his pool. There we could feel the cool ocean breeze and see the night stars. The food that Owen cooked was amazing. He even had brownies baking while we were eating. It was like nothing I had ever experienced. It was the very concept of romance.
After dinner, it was time to take showers. We both took showers at the same time but in different showers. I couldn’t believe his house had three different showers. When we were both done, we met in his bedroom which I still hadn’t seen yet. It was kind of a typical jock bedroom. There were lots of sports memorabilia and trophies. He had a poster of the San Francisco 49ers on his wall. The walls were a dark blue, but not too dark. He had a huge bed, or at least it was bigger than mine, with a dark plaid theme. It was relatively clean except for some clothes scatter here and there. As we walked in, he hurriedly picked them up and tossed them into his clothes hamper.
“Sorry for the mess.” I was so nervous, I didn’t even answer him. “Danny?”
I snapped out of it. “Sorry, I don’t know where my head’s at.”
He took my hand in his. “Danny, nothing has to happen tonight that you don’t want to happen. We can just get in that bed and sleep and that’s all. Just being here with you is enough for me.”
I pulled him to me and he wrapped his strong arms around me. I held him tighter and he held me tighter. We stood squeezing each other. I felt like we were both feeling something that we didn’t want to say because we both thought it was too early to say. At that moment, I knew I was ready to give Owen something that I couldn’t take back.
I let go of him and brought my lips to his for a kiss. I put my hands on his neck as his hands traveled down my back and to my ass. I led him to his bed. We slowly undressed each other. When I was fully naked, his eyes lit up like he just saw the most beautiful thing he’d ever seen. The look on my face must have been similar because Owen definitely was the most beautiful thing I’d ever seen. Our naked bodies together felt so good. He was so gentle and loving that it was so easy for me to give my body over to him.
The sex didn’t last for long. It was like we were so excited from all that pent up sexual energy that it just burst out of us before we were even ready. It hurt a lot at first, but the more we got into it, the more I got used to the feeling. The condom definitely felt weird. But overall it was an amazing experience and I didn’t regret it one bit. When we were done, we lay naked and cuddling. Even with the air conditioning in the house on it was a little hot so we had no covers on. I had my head resting on his chest and I could feel his lungs rise and fall with every breath. He rubbed his hands through my hair.
“When August comes, we won’t be able to spend as much time together,” he said.
“Why?” I asked.
“Football. That’s when summer camp for football starts.”
“Is it every day?”
“Monday through Friday,” he answered.
“Oh man. That’s a lot.”
“That just means we have to spend as much time together before August as possible. Because once school starts, who knows how often we’ll get to see each other.”
I knew that I could tell him about my scholarship at that moment, but I still wanted to keep it secret for a surprise.
We fell asleep like that and when we woke up, we were both on our sides facing the same way, our bodies pressed against each other. I could feel his morning boner pressed up against me. I could hear that he was still asleep. I was careful not to wake him up when I got out of bed to use the bathroom. When I got back he was sitting up in the bed.
“Morning baby,” he said all sleepy as he rubbed his eyes.
I walked over to him, sat next to him and kissed him on the cheek. “Morning,” I said.
“Wanna go for a dip in the hot tub? It’s always the best in the morning when it's still cool.”
“Yeah, let’s do it.”
We brushed our teeth, ate some cereal and then got into the hot tub. He was right. It was so amazing first thing in the morning. I sat right next to him and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.
“Do you want to go out today?” He asked.
“Sure, what do you wanna do?”
“I heard there’s a farmer’s market on the pier. That might be fun.”
I smiled because I never pictured Owen thinking a farmer’s market might be fun. I like the farmer’s market on the pier. My sister and I would go all the time when she was still home. I guess it made sense that he would be interested because he loved to cook. We spent about another hour in the hot tub before we got out to take showers for the farmer’s market. This time, we took our shower together. We both definitely had boners, but we were able to control ourselves and focus on cleaning up. Even after having sex with him the night before, somehow that shower with him was the most intimate we’ve ever been.