Rebel Love Song

I've been attracted to the danger

Part of me wants to run towards him and tackle him into a huge bear hug. But another part of me wants to deck him into next Thursday before leaving me. I walk over to him and just as I near him I cock my hand back and serve him a nasty right hook, something he taught me how to do to protect myself.

Bandmates and groupies alike stand there in shock. He just curses a bit but doesn’t say much else. He knows why I did it. He remembers.

“You left in the middle of the fucking night with no note or anything.” I start. “You left me to defend myself against that monster my mother married. You left me to deal with Deanna and the sea of boyfriends she had. You. Left. Me. Alone. What do you have to say for yourself Feranna?”

“When I was teaching you how to punch, I never thought I’d be on the receiving end of one of your punches.” He lets out a chuckle before a girl brought over a baggie of ice for his jaw. “And it’s Sixx now, not Feranna. I legally changed it when I moved to Los Angeles.”

“Sixx?” A humorless chuckle escapes my lips. “That’s fucking stupid. Did you really hate your name that much you had to make up a new name?”

“I rather not talk about it here.” He tells me. “Why don’t we go somewhere and talk? Apparently we have a lot to catch up on.”

“I’m working.” I tell him. “And once I’m done serving you guys drinks, I’ve got to go straight home. I’ve got a babysitter to relieve.”

“Babysitter?” He questions. “You have a kid?”

“No.” I tell him. “I’ve got custody of the girls.” I tell him with a smile. “And I’m not letting two 13 year old girls in L.A without a babysitter.”

“Don’t trust them?” Tommy questions with a chuckle.

“I know exactly what I did at 13, and yea; I don’t trust them.” I laugh, sending a sideways glance over to Frankie...or well Nikki now I guess. “So Nikki what can I get for you this evening?”

“Your number.” He shoots me a smirk. “We’ve got a lot of catching up to do.”

I just smile before going over to the bar and pulling out a pen and a napkin. I scribble my name and number on the napkin before walking back over to Nikki and shoving it the back pocket of his leather pants. “Don’t abuse this.”

“Hey, what gives!” Vince exclaims. “Why does he get your number and not me?”

I turn to Vince with a sweet smile on my lips. “Because he’s already seen me naked. I know he’s not going to abuse getting my number for his own perverted needs.”

“Then you don’t know Nikki then.” Vince scoffs followed by a smirk appearing on his lips.

“Or maybe I know him better than you.” I smirk back. “Alright, I’ve got to get back to work. So come to me whenever you guys want anything.” I say before taking my spot at the bar. But ever so often I’ll catch Nikki staring at me. I’m not sure it’s out of lust or just disbelief that I’m actually here. But it’s nice to see him again. He may look different but deep down, he’s still Frankie. He’s still the troubled boy from next door.

**

“Thanks for staying with them.” I thank the nice old lady, Elsa, the across the hall neighbor.

“No problem, Corey.” Elsa smiles. “They’re amazing girls. And you’re amazing for taking on raising them. I know it’s not easy.”

“I’ll work 40 different jobs if it means I get to keep them from their parents.” I force a smile on my lips. “They deserve the world and I’ll die trying to give it to them. Even if they hate me from pulling them out Seattle.”

“They may not like it now, but they’ll soon be thanking you.” Her smile grows as she puts a comforting hand on my shoulder. “But you’ve got to start trusting them. They’re smart girls. They’re not going to fall prey to the temptations this city supplies.”

“It’s not them I don’t trust.” I inform the old lady. “It’s everyone else, that I don’t trust. And I don’t trust him to not find us.”

“The girls don’t have contact with him, right?”

“Not after the last time he found us.” I sigh. “They’re more afraid of him now than before that incident.”

“Things will work out for you.” Elsa assures me. “God is watching out for you. He’ll make sure everything you want will become yours.”

“I hope you’re right…”

**

“Corey, table five is asking for you.” Mary, one of my fellow waitresses says as she skates up to me. “They said they don’t want anyone else but you to take their orders. Are you sleeping with one of them? They don’t look like regulars.” I look up and see Motley Crue sitting at table five. Nikki waves at me with a smart ass smirk on his lips.

“Not regulars. Just a band that was performing at The Whisky last night.” I inform her. “Plus the bass player is an old friend.” I skate over to the table and pull out my pad. “What can I get you boys?”

“You seriously work at a ‘50’s themed diner?” Nikki chuckles. “Why do I find this hard to believe?”

“I’ve got two other mouths to feed besides my own.” I inform her. “I’ve got two other jobs besides this.”

“So you work here and at The Whisky, where else do you work at?” Tommy asks. “And don’t you sleep?”

“Sleep is for the weak.” I smirk. “And I work at The Viper Room. I bartend there on the weekends.”

“You must like bartending huh?” Mick asks.

“My childhood prepared me.” I answer. “So now let me take your orders or my ass is going to get in trouble.”

“And we wouldn’t want that.” Nikki smiles before him and the boys give me their orders.

**

After splitting tips from this morning, I head out of the diner and start towards the bus. But as soon as I get out of the door, I run right into Nikki with a smile on his face.

“Hey, I thought you had practice or something.” I greet him.

“I figured hanging out with you would be more important.” He smiles. “I overheard you telling another waitress that you have a night off from the bars. I was hoping you’d want to hang out with me. We have a lot of catching up to do.”

“We certainly do.” I smile. “So when and where?”

“Now and your place?” He asks. “Unless you don’t want me knowing where you live? I can drive us over there now.” He dangles his car keys in the air.

“My sisters won’t be home for a couple more hours.” I start. “So sure, why not?”

“Great.” He smiles. “Let’s go.” He grabs my hand and leads me towards his car. I can’t help but smile as the teenage crush I had on him makes an ugly comeback...
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Tall, Dark Handsome Stranger by Heart

I watched The Dirt last night for the second time. So be prepared for lots of updates on this and Animal in Me (my other Nikki Sixx fanfic)

comment&subscribe? Want to be a character? I would like to fan OC girlfriends for the Crue men. But if not, I'll just use their actual S/Os