Status: Hope you enjoy the story :)

Remember Me

Chapter 2

Setting: A few days after The Dark World

Thor and Bruce were sitting on the sofa in their shared apartment. Thor had his head on Bruce's chest and was curled up into his side. Tears were falling rapidly down his cheeks and landing on Bruce's shirt. There was a huge wet patch there already from all of Thor's tears. And they weren't stopping anytime soon.

A huge bubble of sadness pressed down on him, making his heart feel heavy. Thor had lost two of the most important people in his life. His mother and Loki. He remembered how he used to cuddle her when he was younger. Her dress was soft and comforting, her arms warm and inviting. She always smelled of freshly cut lilies, her favourite flower. No matter what problems he had, all of them seemed to go away when he hugged her.

And Loki? Thor loved his little brother; he had done since the moment they met. He always tried hard to protect Loki. They played together, went on all sorts of adventures and stood by each other's side. Until the day that Loki found out that he wasn't Asgardian, that he was a Jotun. A creature that he had been brought up to hate. And that changed him forever.

Every time that Thor closed his eyes, he saw his brother, dying in his arms. Every time that the room fell silent, he heard the echo of his brother's last words. The words that confirmed something that Thor had been unsure about for a while. That Loki really did love his brother.

"I can't believe he's gone." Thor said, his voice breaking as a new wave of tears rolled down his face.

"It's always hard to lose someone you love, darling. Trust me, I know that feeling better than anyone." Bruce replied sadly, smiling down at the love of his life.

"But it's my fault, Bruce, I could have saved him. I could have saved them both!"

Bruce sat up, causing Thor to sit up too. Bruce cupped Thor's cheeks with his hands, bringing Thor to his eye level.

"Look at me. Never blame yourself for what happened to them. All your life you've been protecting people. You of all people should know that not everyone can be saved" Bruce said seriously, staring deeply into Thor's eyes. He planted a kiss on his forehead.

"I love you"

"I love you too. More than anything"