Saving Zykon

One

Once upon a time, there was a long-forgotten kingdom of fire, known to its people as Zykon. Zykon’s land burned bright, but not everything was perfect and they lived in fear of the evil witch. Having been away visiting a neighboring kingdom, Mark returned to Zykon to find his village empty and the once glowing lands frozen.

Unsure of what had happened, he searched for his parents and found them together with his little brother in his childhood home. Anger washed over him and he grabbed his pickaxe, hitting the ice prison that held his family captive. The pickaxe clanged as it hit the sparkling surface, breaking into pieces and falling to the ground.

Mark shouted out in frustration, placing his hand on the ice with tears in his eyes and heading out the front door. It would take him time to figure out who was responsible, but he had a good idea who it was and vowed to free his village from her dark magic.

The sound of movement along the trail in front of him had mark freezing in place, ducking into a nearby cave and almost screaming when a hand landed on his shoulder.

“Mark?” came a familiar voice from the darkness.

“Amy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the beginning... I've obviously helped her out some, but the story is exactly how she wants it!