The Forgotten Duff

The Background Information

Charles and Molly got married in 1982 they were married for three years before having their first child. On February 19th, 1985 Haylie Katherine Duff was born. Two years later on September 28, 1987 Hilary Erhard Duff joined the family. With two girls Molly was happy and had no desire to have anymore children, however the universe had other plans and on May 8, 1988 Helena Hope Duff was born; right away she was different from her older sisters. Helena had brown hair unlike her blond sisters, clearly taking after their father more then their mother.

In 1990 Molly began entering the now 5 year old Haylie into beauty pageants, dragging Hilary and Helena along to every show since Charles was busy working. With Haylie unable to bring the crown home, in 1992 Molly began to enter Hilary in hopes of wining the crown. The following year Molly entered Helena into the beauty pageants since she was already there. With all three of her daughters in pageants Molly was certain one of them would win the crown. Finely in 1994 Molly’s dream came true when 6 year old Helena won the crown. With Helena’s win Molly removed 9 year old Haylie from the pageants using the excuse that she had to focus on her school work.

Now that Molly had tasted victory she wanted more, pushing Hilary and Helena harder in their pageant work. Helena continued to do excellent in pageants bringing home quiet a few more crowns. With Helena’s huge success in pageants Molly removed Hilary, pushing her towards acting. Helena’s pageant career really took off and in 1998 at the age of 10 she made it into the finals of the biggest pageant she had ever been apart of, complete with magazine photo shoots and the entire pageant being aired on tv. Molly felt everything was going great with Helena a shoe in to win the entire thing.

Helena’s home life however declined. She had resentment towards her entire family. Hated her mother for pushing her so hard. A disliked her father for not putting a stop to it even when she went to him to complain. Envious of Haylie because their mother didn’t push her at all. Hilary was the only one Helena liked the most, but hardly had time with her anymore because of her budding acting career.

When Helena won the pageant she made a vow to herself that she would be done with the pageant life forever. The following year at the next pageant she declined to defend the crown and when asked in an interview about her decision to quit pageants she replied with what she truly felt, pageants had ruined her life. This single answer horrified Molly and their relationship declined even more.

In 2001 at the age of 14 Hilary landed a huge roll on the Disney channel, instead of the whole family moving Molly decided to take Hilary and Haylie to California where they would live most the year. This thrilled Helena who began sneaking out of the house whenever she could, which was quite easy with her mother and sister’s gone and her father busy working and clueless.

For her 15th birthday Helena got her nose pierced on the right side. On her 16th birthday Molly refused to let Charles buy her a car so instead he took her to get a tattoo on her wrist, much to Molly’s horror. Charles and Helena continued the birthday tattoo tradition the following year when she got a tattoo on her lower back.

This story starts in 2005. Molly has began being home more now that Haylie and Hilary are older and don't need her as much. There has been speculation that Hilary and Joel Madden from Good Charlotte are dating despite her being 18 and him being 25.