‹ Prequel: Starry Eyes
Sequel: Power Over Me

Devil with Angel Eyes

Lookin' at my history I'm bad at love

February 2019

I walk into the studio with my Alaskan Klee Kai puppy, Abel, in left arm and Starbucks on my right hand. First I notice my dad and Nikki at the board while Vince is in the booth and Colson is reading over his verses. Not one of them notice me. Which is kinda nice; this means they are busy working and doing what they love.

“Go bug your grandpa.” I tell Abel before putting him down. Instead of going towards my dad, he runs right Colson and jumps on him; causing the rapper to laugh as he gets attacked with kisses. This commotion finally alerts the aging rockstars of my presence.

“Hey Princess.” My dad yells over his shoulder. “I see you brought Abel today. No Cain?”

“Britt couldn’t come today.” I inform my dad. “Cain has an appointment with a vet today to get the rest of his shots today. He’s a week behind Abel thanks to him being sick.”

“I can’t believe how big he’s gotten since the last time I saw him.” Colson states, chuckling at the tiny puppy in front of him. “I’ve got to take a picture for Casie. She was asking about him the other day. She's going to be so jealous that I got to see him.”

“We can always set up play dates.” I tell him. “Plus she’ll see him when she comes on tour, right?”

“I’m starting to think that’s the only reason why she wants to go on tour.” He laughs.

“I’m so stoked about this tour.” I state. “I think the picture of me, you and Dom is the most liked picture on my instagram aside from the picture I posted of you and Doug cuddled up sleeping.”

“True Terror Twin fashion.” Nikki chuckles. “But I’m honestly surprised you still have that picture up.”

“I still have a lot of pictures of Doug up on my feed.” I inform him. “Just because he broke my heart doesn’t mean I get to “delete” him from my life. He’ll always be there. His fans think I should delete pictures of him but they also get so pissed off whenever I post a picture with another guy in it.”

“What are they even saying to you?” Colson asks.

“Calling every name in the book and telling me Doug breaking up with me was the best thing for him and all that.” I roll my eyes. “These are also the people that were praising our relationship months prior. They act like Doug is this innocent British angel that can do no wrong and I’m this monster of a American that is trying to corrupt him.”

“Have you seen him since the break up?” Dad asks as he turns in his chair to give me his full attention.

“I saw him back in October when I went to London with Britt for the Bohemian Rhapsody premiere. “ I reply. “Britt and I decided to go pub hopping instead of going to the after party. He ran into me while I was waiting for the bathroom.”

“What did he want?” Nikki asks, his attention was still on Vince in the booth.

“He wanted to know if I was still mad at him.” I chuckle.

“Well are you?” Colson asks.

“I feel nothing towards him.” I reply honestly.

“So when you see him at the premiere, you’ll feel nothing?” Dad asks. “Old feelings won’t be rushing back? You were madly in love with him Princess.”

“Dad, I promise you, I’m not going to feel anything.” I assure him. “He’s just going to be another pretty face in a sea of faces. That’s it.”

“You say that now but when you see him in a tux, that’ll be a different story.” Nikki states. “A man in a tux has always been your weakness.”

“Not according to your eldest son.” I chuckle. “Gunner says my weakness is bass players in skinny jeans and cowboy boots.”

“Aka Nikki Sixx wannabes.” Dad laughs. “You don’t have daddy issues, you have goddaddy issues.”

“Would you rather me date someone just like you?” I question him. “Because that can be arranged.”

“I rather you not date anyone like any of us.” Dad replies. “Find yourself a good boy, settle down and have a litter of kids. I would like human grandkids at someone point.”

“I did find a good guy and I was going to settle down with him, he second guessed us.” I remind him. “Don’t worry, Gunner and I have a pact. If neither of us are married by I think 40 years old, we will marry each other. It’s a blood pact and everything.”

“I can’t believe you and Gunner did a blood pact.” Nikki laughs. “But at least there is a chance you’ll be my daughter-in-law.”

“And as I get older, the chance gets greater.” I laugh. “Because I’m starting to really hate the male gender. I honestly should just become a lesbian.”

“And you’ll find fault in women as well.” Colson states. “Your gender is full of flaws as well.”

“Yea but I wouldn’t have to fake orgasms as much.” I shrug, causing all three men to look at me in shock. “What?”

Colson just shakes his head as his phone vibrates in front of him. He picks it up and smiles. “Doug and Iwan are on there way over here now to hear the song.”

“And that’s my cue to leave.” I say getting up. “Come on Abel, lets let your granddad and uncle Colson get back to work.”

“I thought you didn’t feel anything for Doug?” Colson asks. “If that’s the case, why leave?”

“Just because I feel nothing for me, doesn’t mean I want to see him.” I reply as I pick up my dog. “Besides I should let you guys get back to work. I’ve got shit to do myself before the premiere next month.”

“You still performing a couple songs?” Dad asks.

“Yep. I should probably do a couple rehearsals.” I chuckle before going over and kissing my dad on the cheek and then kissing Nikki’s cheek. “Colson we still on for dinner tonight?” I ask as I give the rapper my attention.

“Oh fuck yea.” He smiles. “Pete and I have been looking forward to it.”

“Alright. See you guys later.” I smile. “Love ya and tell Vince that I love him too.”

“Bye Baby Girl!” Nikki yells as I make my way out the door. I may want to stay with them but seeing Douglas so soon might just break me. And I don’t want to admit that out loud...
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Bad at Love by Halsey.

comment&subscribe? Would you guys like a playlist like the playlist I made for Starry Eyes? Also what would you like to see happen in the sequel?

Image
Nik's puppy!